+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi,
HOPING FOR GUIDANCE!
Unfortunately I missed the email regarding a message on the IRCC account dated Jan 16th, 2020 but whereas I only linked the application on Jan 10th, 2020.
-upon checking my account on April 2nd to find they required "CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK BASED ON FINGERPRINTS" and due to the pandemic everything is closed

-> In the letter they only asked for "RCMP police clearance certificate based on fingerprints" for my son only
but the attached form says"cic requires applicant and family member obtain police certificates for all countries where they have lived for six months or longer over age of 18. the above mentioned applicant has been living in Canada for at least six months"
Please advise that does he need to get police certificate from back home as well as he lived back home for more then six months since he was 18 or on;y from Canada
->Please also advise what would be the fastest way to obtain the report once respective sectors are opened. Should I just book a fingerprinting atANY local police station once they start doing it.
SORRY FOR A LONG POST
Please check ur msg. Thanks

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
My Timeline- No news since I have submitted RCMP -PCC on-February-28 -2020

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 29, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 16, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on October 15, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 20, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Guyes if your time is up and your bar is 100% and you didn't received your PR , its not in IRCC hand , your investigation take longer
Oh ... so long really it’s painful! As family in back home .. what does AIP meant
AIP is kinda like a msg for pre approve, this means you approved all of your job done only time to go to queue send for decision and landing job

Reactions: saidur

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
The impacts of COVID-19 have had an effect on our operations and our ability to respond to and process applications. We are therefore unable to provide processing timelines for specific applications at this time. Our current focus is on priority applications such as Canadians attempting to return to the country, vulnerable populations, and people who perform or support essential services, and we are trying to process those as quickly as possible.

IRCC is working on ways to finalize applications virtually. If you have a file in progress, check our website regularly for the most up to date information on the impacts of COVID on IRCC file processing.

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
The impacts of COVID-19 have had an effect on our operations and our ability to respond to and process applications. We are therefore unable to provide processing timelines for specific applications at this time. Our current focus is on priority applications such as Canadians attempting to return to the country, vulnerable populations, and people who perform or support essential services, and we are trying to process those as quickly as possible.

IRCC is working on ways to finalize applications virtually. If you have a file in progress, check our website regularly for the most up to date information on the impacts of COVID on IRCC file processing.
Jalal Bro namak be zakhmmun nariz!

• Sad
Reactions: Jalalcananda

Pindimurree

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Oshawa
Guys, can you stop venting about delays and processing times? This isn't a feedback forum. It's for people to support each other with answers and others to share information regarding their timeline. If you want to vent, create a different page for it. All this lashing out does is that it starts an argument that hurts everyone and doesn't do any favors.

For everyone else. I appreciate your contributions and for keeping us updated. Ramadan Kareem Mubarak. (Happy wishes of Ramadan)

Reactions: caipsnotes

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Hi my fellow Refugees, I have a question. Am a protected person and I just file my PR January 2020, and Include my spouse and our two kids. And they are in USA , my kids are Citizen but not my spouse. And as this is going right now in state with Mr Trump is it a good idea if my family come to Canada and ask for Asylum without waiting for me to finish the process of my PR? Because my spouse is not working and I send 1000 USD every month to US that not easy for me at all. Please I need advice because am so stress right now. Please

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi my fellow Refugees, I have a question. Am a protected person and I just file my PR January 2020, and Include my spouse and our two kids. And they are in USA , my kids are Citizen but not my spouse. And as this is going right now in state with Mr Trump is it a good idea if my family come to Canada and ask for Asylum without waiting for me to finish the process of my PR? Because my spouse is not working and I send 1000 USD every month to US that not easy for me at all. Please I need advice because am so stress right now. Please
Sorry to hear it. I think it is not a good idea. Their chance to be accepted is very low and I think you will get your pr before they get their hearing. Can you bring them to canada and keep them with yourself?

Reactions: jack_2001

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Guyes if your time is up and your bar is 100% and you didn't received your PR , its not in IRCC hand , your investigation take longer

AIP is kinda like a msg for pre approve, this means you approved all of your job done only time to go to queue send for decision and landing job
I REALLY DONT AGREE WITH YOUR OPINION MY FRIEND
IRCC IS A PART OF THE ASYLUM SYSTEM,THE ASYLUM SYSTEM IS VERY COMPLICATED
THE REASON OF THE DELAY AS YOU SAID BEFORE IS THE DEEP BACKGROUND CHECK
THE ONE WHO REQUEST THE DEEP BACKGROUND CHECK IS THE IRCC OFFICER
AND HE REQUEST IT BECAUSE THE SYSTEM TELL HIM TO DO

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Sorry to hear it. I think it is not a good idea. Their chance to be accepted is very low and I think you will get your pr before they get their hearing. Can you bring them to canada and keep them with yourself?
SURE JALAL
THEY WILL COME AND APPLY FOR ASYLUM
AS SOON AS HE GET HIS PR
HIS FAMILY WILL GET PR ,BUT HE MUST CHNGE SOME DUMCUMENTS TO REFER TO THE CHANGE OF THE LOCATION OF HIS WIFE FROM USA, TO INLAND,AND THIS MIGHT DELAY (HIS) PR APPLICATION ITSELF.
NO MATTER OF THE DECISION OF THE COURT,WITHIN ONE YEAR MAXIMUM SHE WILL GET HER PR

Last edited:
Reactions: Jalalcananda

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
Sorry to hear it. I think it is not a good idea. Their chance to be accepted is very low and I think you will get your pr before they get their hearing. Can you bring them to canada and keep them with yourself? Yes that's what I want I was thinking if they get here then I continue waiting for my process.