+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER !!!!!!! PRAY TO WHAT EVER GOD YOU BELIVE IN!!! IF NONE TRUST IN WHAT EVER YOU TRUST IN.

WE WILL ALL HAVE THIS BEHIND US ONE DAY, AND HAVE THE STORY TO TELL AND ALSO LOTS OF EXPERINCE TO GIVE THE NEW COMMERS WHO WILL BE USING THIS FORUM FOR GUIDANCE.....

KEEP UP THE FATH AND TRUST THAT WE WILL GET GOOD NEWS SOON!!!!!

:):):):)GOOD LUCK ALL THE BEST!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)
Thanks for the nice words

Reactions: Amys

Jan 10, 2017
Hi, I applied December 2019. And IRCC requested almost all documents in one month time i.e. medical, biometric, police certificate and passport of my dependents which we have submitted all together in January 2020.
That's pretty fast, I applied in March and still didn't received the AOR.

imissmylove

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hi, I applied December 2019. And IRCC requested almost all documents in one month time i.e. medical, biometric, police certificate and passport of my dependents which we have submitted all together in January 2020.

i am sure after 2018sh guys here got their decision IRCC will change the rules for others we cut the timeline of PR from 21 months to 6 months.

• Haha
Reactions: Jalalcananda

Luye

Jul 26, 2019
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April ,2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July ,2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on October, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Do u hv dependents in Canada?

If yes did the letter they sent on july state their names?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hello all,

I have been enjoying the forum before it was deleted. I can see that people are getting so pessimistic due to the long wait for both IRB hearing and then the long march to PR. I am one of you who have been through these seemingly endless processes. Patience is the one big thing I have learned here in Canada; this is a waiting country, alas! But I still hope and have a bit of optimism towards my recent PR application since December 2019.

I was granted a convention refugee status in November 2019 after three years of waiting as refugee claimant. Below is my timeline for PR application.

I am wondering how relatively fast my application is going (as you can see from the timeline below, I and my dependents oversees completed biometric, medical and police certificate in almost one month) but at the same time I feel lost because I haven’t received any update regarding eligibility requirement even though I submitted all the requested documents four months ago. Note: I have received a letter from IRCC that I am selected for Centralized Concurrent Processing Pilot, whatever that is.

I would be happy if someone with the same experience shares his thought about when I will get eligibility requirements updates and what should I expect in the coming months.

Permanent Residence

1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 21, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on December 20, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 20, 2019. This is about me being selected for Centralized Concurrent Processing Pilot
  5. We sent you a letter on December 20, 2019. This is about the forms my dependents oversees have to fill and send it to Mississauga
  6. We sent you correspondence on January 9, 2020. This is about biometric and police certificate for both myself and my dependents oversees
  7. We sent you medical instructions on January 9, 2020.
  8. Medical results have been received.
Are you from one of the following regions who are eligible for the pilot
This new centralized process will allow the protected person in Canada to communicate with IRCC on behalf of their family,” IRCC said in a news release.

Family members must be residing in a country within the areas of responsibility for the migration offices that are participating in the pilot:

• Bogota, Colombia
  • Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Kingston, Jamaica
  • Lima, Peru
  • London, England
  • Nairobi, Kenya
  • Mexico City, Mexico
  • Port of Spain, Trinidad
  • Sao Paulo, Brazil

I think according to IRCC only the following regions are eligible for pilot project

• Wow

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Are you from one of the following regions who are eligible for the pilot
This new centralized process will allow the protected person in Canada to communicate with IRCC on behalf of their family,” IRCC said in a news release.

Family members must be residing in a country within the areas of responsibility for the migration offices that are participating in the pilot:

• Bogota, Colombia
  • Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Kingston, Jamaica
  • Lima, Peru
  • London, England
  • Nairobi, Kenya
  • Mexico City, Mexico
  • Port of Spain, Trinidad
  • Sao Paulo, Brazil

I think according to IRCC only the following regions are eligible for pilot project
Hi, that is right. The letter I have received partly stated that and I and my dependents belong to one of the selected oversees visa offices. Contrary to the previous way of handling oversees dependents application (where the local visa office was contacting dependents oversees), now IRCC in Mississauga contact me directly with regards to oversees dependent application. And oversees dependent family application are handled by IRCC in Mississauga, not in one of those visa offices anymore. So IRCC in Mississauga contact me directly when there is a need to submit documents. And at the same time, I have the privilege to ask the progresses of their application in Mississauga as their files are processes together with me here in Canada. But there are still dots I try to connect which the letter does not mention. Like, it just mentions that from now on our application will be processed together here in Mississauga. But it does not mention how that will shorten the timeline for the PR application which is still 21 months on my online application % bar.