+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Yes. Why? Any idea what is going on
No, but that is so weird. Most of the people who got their security pass got their COPR after 2-4 weeks.
However, for myself as May 2018 applicant I called the IRCC and they told me that my security pass since June 22/2020 and till now I have not get any update. Yesterday I called them again and the agent told me that my Criminality is still in progress which so weird as well, because I ordered my GCMS notes in May 2020 and my Criminality Says: NO CRIM. REC.
The problem is that IRCC people do not touch our files for months and nobody cares about our situations.
wish you all the best

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Mid 2018 when I applied for refugee protection the timeline for PR was 16 months then it’s 18 , 20 ,21 and today it’s shown 23 months !!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Refu0202

levenscan

Oct 30, 2018
No, but that is so weird. Most of the people who got their security pass got their COPR after 2-4 weeks.
However, for myself as May 2018 applicant I called the IRCC and they told me that my security pass since June 22/2020 and till now I have not get any update. Yesterday I called them again and the agent told me that my Criminality is still in progress which so weird as well, because I ordered my GCMS notes in May 2020 and my Criminality Says: NO CRIM. REC.
The problem is that IRCC people do not touch our files for months and nobody cares about our situations.
wish you all the best
The same
Security passed in February. Criminality still in process. - Aug 2018 applicant.

• Wow
Reactions: Rose@watan

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
I just called IRCC .. the agent said:
We are still working on ur PR application
and there is no concern regarding ur application and it looks fine , just coz of Covid it takes longer..
Regarding my RTD he said it has been approved and we are working on sending them out one by one

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I just called IRCC .. the agent said:
We are still working on ur PR application
and there is no concern regarding ur application and it looks fine , just coz of Covid it takes longer..
Regarding my RTD he said it has been approved and we are working on sending them out one by one
I tried several times to call them but the system says they are too busy.
Anyway, I think there is no point calling them.

Polsonlive

Oct 2, 2018
wish you all the best
That makes sense. I also thought the process should be faster once security is passed.

msaleh

Jan 3, 2019
wish you all the best
Today called IRCC, they told me Criminality still in Progress when I asked about Security, she mentioned not start yet, my understanding Security check should be done before Criminality, right? Apr 2019 application

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Today called IRCC, they told me Criminality still in Progress when I asked about Security, she mentioned not start yet, my understanding Security check should be done before Criminality, right? Apr 2019 application
Based on the info. I got from this valuable forum, The criminality should be done in a short time; however, the security is the longest process which can take more than one year. Also, I think it depends on your original country and the officers who are working on your file.
wish you all the best

naimabed

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello everybody,
Can i link my application to an online account. i am using E-case but as you knows it lacks the information related to the progress of my application.
I am a protected person oversea-UNHCR refugees. and i passed the interview last February and i signed up for a ticket loan as well.
And my last update on E-case is as following:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 2, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on April 25, 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on February 6, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.