+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time it takes for PR card to arrive

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
What are the stages to watch out for after landing (EE, FSW-O) until the PR card is in my hands? I landed at YVR on 28 Nov. Landing formalities were super smooth. The officer told me to expect in 6-8 weeks. But I want an idea of recent numbers. When I log into my IRCC account after sometime, will I be able to see and track my card? How long from landing till they notify me that the card has been sent? And how long does it take from them mailing it till it reaches me?

Again, I already know the official timelines. I am just requesting people who landed recently, for their actual timelines. Some people have waited for months whereas some people have received it in 2 weeks or less.

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Hi. I was already here on a work permit when I got my PR the 25th of July. I'm still waiting for that card. The wait is crazy for me. I've submitted an online ticket and have called them twice. The answer is the same: we are working on it.

Rel23

Nov 8, 2019
What are the stages to watch out for after landing (EE, FSW-O) until the PR card is in my hands? I landed at YVR on 28 Nov. Landing formalities were super smooth. The officer told me to expect in 6-8 weeks. But I want an idea of recent numbers. When I log into my IRCC account after sometime, will I be able to see and track my card? How long from landing till they notify me that the card has been sent? And how long does it take from them mailing it till it reaches me?

Again, I already know the official timelines. I am just requesting people who landed recently, for their actual timelines. Some people have waited for months whereas some people have received it in 2 weeks or less.

I got my PR card within a month or so from when I landed. Albeit this was like 6 years ago but I'm pretty sure the wait time is similar. It's gonna come in the mail.

Reactions: RISHIFERRARI20

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
I got my PR card within a month or so from when I landed. Albeit this was like 6 years ago but I'm pretty sure the wait time is similar. It's gonna come in the mail.
Thanks! Current processing time on their website shows 26 days. But processing time is only till they 'approve' the card application. After this, printing and dispatch would take longer, I guess. I just wanted to know what the actual numbers are from people who recently landed

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
So I had a "ghost update" on my PR card application yesterday. It showed "application/profile updated" when I logged in and went back to "submitted" later. Anybody knows what this means? No message or email with this. No notification of profile updation

RISHIFERRARI20

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
I had another ghost update today (so two in three days) and status inside has changed to approved!! The message says "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."
While I am happy, I am also confused. So the status is approved after the card is printed and dispatched? I thought those two were separate processes. Anyway...
Does anyone know from where cards are printed and dispatched? I live in Vancouver. I am moving to a different address in 10 days so need to know if it can arrive before I change homes

Rel23

Nov 8, 2019
I had another ghost update today (so two in three days) and status inside has changed to approved!! The message says "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."
While I am happy, I am also confused. So the status is approved after the card is printed and dispatched? I thought those two were separate processes. Anyway...
Does anyone know from where cards are printed and dispatched? I live in Vancouver. I am moving to a different address in 10 days so need to know if it can arrive before I change homes
Your PR card is on the way! It usually takes about 4 business days to get your card so you might get it before moving. I think the cards are printed in Nova Scotia since that's where it's processes anyway.

Reactions: RISHIFERRARI20