+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time for processing of application in Universities

abdu26399

Jan 21, 2021
Hey There,
I'm from India. Currently pursuing my final year B.Tech Computer science and Engineering. I have the following scores:
10th : 93%
12th : 97%
Undergrad currently: 7.82 CGPA .
IELTS - 7.5 Overall
GRE - 309/340
2 Internships done, One abroad. 1 research paper, And a few Courses done online in Artificial Intelligence.

I have applied for University of British Columbia, University of Ottawa, Western University, York University and Carleton University for Fall 2021 Intake. ( ALL COURSE BASED )
I applied in the 2nd week of November. Still I haven't received any results yet.

Current status:
UBC - In progress
University of Ottawa - Under Evaluation
Western university - Released to Program
York university - No Decision Yet
Carleton University - Review in progress by department.

Anyone applied to these universities?
How much processing time do these applications take? And Do I have any chances of getting into atleast one of the above mentioned universities?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hey There,
I'm from India. Currently pursuing my final year B.Tech Computer science and Engineering. I have the following scores:
10th : 93%
12th : 97%
Undergrad currently: 7.82 CGPA .
IELTS - 7.5 Overall
GRE - 309/340
2 Internships done, One abroad. 1 research paper, And a few Courses done online in Artificial Intelligence.

I have applied for University of British Columbia, University of Ottawa, Western University, York University and Carleton University for Fall 2021 Intake. ( ALL COURSE BASED )
I applied in the 2nd week of November. Still I haven't received any results yet.

Current status:
UBC - In progress
University of Ottawa - Under Evaluation
Western university - Released to Program
York university - No Decision Yet
Carleton University - Review in progress by department.

Anyone applied to these universities?
How much processing time do these applications take? And Do I have any chances of getting into atleast one of the above mentioned universities?
Thanks in advance.
Hello,

Your academic profile seems good and based on the outward look, you stand a chance. However, the final confirmation lies with the graduate selection committee.

Usually, university admission especially for Thesis-based programs could take up to 4 - 5 months.

Regards

abdu26399

Jan 21, 2021
Hello,

Your academic profile seems good and based on the outward look, you stand a chance. However, the final confirmation lies with the graduate selection committee.

Usually, university admission especially for Thesis-based programs could take up to 4 - 5 months.

Regards
Hello, Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it.
Could I know how much time does it take for non thesis courses? Is it the same?

cathytom

Jan 23, 2021
Abu Dhabi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Hello.. I've also applied for MCS at Carleton University for Fall 2021 intake by January 15. The status of my application is still showing up as Preliminary Review required.Also opted for the Course Based Program.

abdu26399

Jan 21, 2021
Hello.. I've also applied for MCS at Carleton University for Fall 2021 intake by January 15. The status of my application is still showing up as Preliminary Review required.Also opted for the Course Based Program.
Hi, Thanks for the reply. My Carleton's application is still stuck at "Review in Progress by Department". I emailed the CS department a few days ago and got a response back saying that they'll hopefully have decisions by the end of March or probably First week of April. Fingers crossed and Waiting. Are you also an international student? All the best to you too. Hope you get the admit.