+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Through Attorney or Filing the papers Self?

bhujandar

Oct 4, 2007
Hi everyone - Thanks in advance for all the folks who have helped. I am planning to file for PR to canada, will filing through an attorney help or is it the same if you file the papers yourself?

Also, I would like to get started as soon as possible, so any suggestions on what are the papers/items, I should get ready with.

Another question, Can anyone suggest me a good attorney, in case if applying through an attorney is the best way? Thanks again and have a good day.

soj

Feb 23, 2007
dear bhujandar,
You can use an attorney iif that is what you want but i wiill like you to know that an attorney will not in anyway influence the time scale of your application.The only thing he will do is document your papers properly.If you can afford it then go ahead.campbell cohen is good.soj

ghohoef

Apr 12, 2004
Amstelveen, NL
bhujandar said:
Hi everyone - Thanks in advance for all the folks who have helped. I am planning to file for PR to canada, will filing through an attorney help or is it the same if you file the papers yourself?

Also, I would like to get started as soon as possible, so any suggestions on what are the papers/items, I should get ready with.

Another question, Can anyone suggest me a good attorney, in case if applying through an attorney is the best way? Thanks again and have a good day.
The whole procedure is not difficult but just a matter of common sense and good reading of the forms. If you do not have the time then go to a attorney. Otherwise I would say do it yourself. Personally I do not see why one would make use of an attorney since you still have to get all the information yourself so while your at it you might just as well complete the forms yourself. But again its personal. Go to the CIC site. You can find all the information there. This is one thing you should do regardless if you are making use of the service of an attorney (understanding the process).