+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
kelly. said:
Certainly is :)

Sooo. I landed on Tuesday, same place that I queued for 2hours in, and were disgusting and had me in tears when I arrived as a visitor (Vancouver Airport) And this time around they were FANTASTIC. Very lovely to me. Commented on how nice and infrequent it was to have a younger common law immigrant (I'm 23) and from taking a look around the office I think they were relieved that English is my first language - an easy one in a long line I think haha. Then I got a little welcome pack that explains insurance and your SIN number, and they told me where my local offices in Nanaimo were etcetc. The IO next door even knew the place that I'm from (Middlesbrough UK - not many people do!) and we had a nice little chat. All in all it took me about 20mins, my boyfriend was out getting the luggage - she asked to see him but then decided his passport and PR card were enough ( he gave them to me while he waited for our bags) asked a couple of simple questions like address and whatnot. Fixed my COPR to my passport and said I would get my PR card in about 2months.

Utterly painless - even after 5am start for a 9 hour delayed flight from Glasgow. My god that was a LONGGGG day :(

Hope that helps anybody that has a landing coming up - it's really nothing to fret over :)
Many congratulations Kelly :) And wow, you got a welcome pack???!!! - I've been telling people how odd it was that they gave me nothing at all, a new landed immigrant and all that and they gave no advice or information whatsoever!!

Sep 12, 2011
I've been following this thread for a few months and found it very helpful, but I notice that people who submitted their applications in May 2011 are starting to get approvals. My spouse was approved as sponsor (via email) on 28th June 2011, but I have checked Ecas on a regular basis since then and get the message "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". Is this normal??

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
lnl said:
Many congratulations Kelly :) And wow, you got a welcome pack???!!! - I've been telling people how odd it was that they gave me nothing at all, a new landed immigrant and all that and they gave no advice or information whatsoever!!
Yeah, do you think it's maybe something to do with where you "landed"

Perhaps it's just more common in airports, so they have a better stock of welcome packs haha? I don't know.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Hi everyone

I am new here but have been reading your conversations on and off for a few months. :p

We sent in our application in June, and have heard back from Mississauga that they approved of my husband sponsoring me. However, they spelled my name wrong!! I am stressed out about it and have emailed London, but of course got no reply. Anyone had this happen before? (The misspelled name.)

To you all who have landed in Canada...what kind of paper work did you have to fill out regarding the actual move, meaning...what did ya have to present at the border? My husband is a Ca citizen but has lived over seas most of his life, and will probably have to fill out tons of trees worth of paper work too.

Needless to say, I am stressed out. This forum has been of great support when reading other people's success stories!

On an average, how long did it take you to get your Visa after having got the sponsor approved?

Thanks

Daisies

tina 123

Aug 11, 2011
pinklady said:
Yey! Great news, congratulations!! :D
Hi pink lady we have now had our sponsorship approved via email date on the 9th september
could you please enter this on to your spread sheet
thanks Tina.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Daisies said:
Hi everyone

I am new here but have been reading your conversations on and off for a few months. :p

We sent in our application in June, and have heard back from Mississauga that they approved of my husband sponsoring me. However, they spelled my name wrong!! I am stressed out about it and have emailed London, but of course got no reply. Anyone had this happen before? (The misspelled name.)

To you all who have landed in Canada...what kind of paper work did you have to fill out regarding the actual move, meaning...what did ya have to present at the border? My husband is a Ca citizen but has lived over seas most of his life, and will probably have to fill out tons of trees worth of paper work too.

Needless to say, I am stressed out. This forum has been of great support when reading other people's success stories!

On an average, how long did it take you to get your Visa after having got the sponsor approved?

Thanks

Daisies
Try not to stress too much (easier said than done I know!). I had the same worry, I am a Canadian citizen (been in UK for over 20yrs) and sponsored my fiancé, we landed in Edmonton in May, and I didn't have to fill in anything other than the regular declaration card that they give everyone on the plane. My fella had his COPR, the visa in his passport and the B4 forms that he took in to the immigration office. It was all very easy, they asked him a few questions confirmed where we would be staying and that was it.

All the stressing out will be worth it once you're here, just try to relax!

Where are you from and where are you landing?

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Canooknic said:
Try not to stress too much (easier said than done I know!). I had the same worry, I am a Canadian citizen (been in UK for over 20yrs) and sponsored my fiancé, we landed in Edmonton in May, and I didn't have to fill in anything other than the regular declaration card that they give everyone on the plane. My fella had his COPR, the visa in his passport and the B4 forms that he took in to the immigration office. It was all very easy, they asked him a few questions confirmed where we would be staying and that was it.

All the stressing out will be worth it once you're here, just try to relax!

Where are you from and where are you landing?
Hi and thanks for the reply!

What's COPR?

I am from Stockholm, Sweden and we are off to Vancouver. It's true I shouldn't worry but it's all just so stressful. :S

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Sorry, COPR is the confirmation of permanent residency. It will be sent with the visa.

It is stressful, I drank A LOT of wine during that waiting period!!!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Canooknic said:
Sorry, COPR is the confirmation of permanent residency. It will be sent with the visa.

It is stressful, I drank A LOT of wine during that waiting period!!!
Hahaha, hope you enjoyed the wine! :)
How long did it take to get the Visa?

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
We were crazy lucky. We sent the paperwork to Mississauga last August and it was all done by the start of December, we landed May 17th. Right after we got his passport back London seemed to stop working and there were lots of delays for people that had applied at the same time as us.

I think it's still within 6 months on average at the moment....I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

Good luck with your application x

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Lancashire Lad said:
I've been following this thread for a few months and found it very helpful, but I notice that people who submitted their applications in May 2011 are starting to get approvals. My spouse was approved as sponsor (via email) on 28th June 2011, but I have checked Ecas on a regular basis since then and get the message "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided". Is this normal??
Took me a couple of weeks after sponsorship was approved, until I could log on to Ecas.

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
Canooknic said:
We were crazy lucky. We sent the paperwork to Mississauga last August and it was all done by the start of December, we landed May 17th. Right after we got his passport back London seemed to stop working and there were lots of delays for people that had applied at the same time as us.

I think it's still within 6 months on average at the moment....I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

Good luck with your application x
Wow, lucky butts! I assume they give you quite a while to actually make the move after you get the Visa, if you got it in Dec but didn't move till May! (I am also aware of the medicals not being valid forever etc..) Congrats to you! I hope I'll get mine soon too.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hi Daisies,
I made a spreadsheet showing average processing times for the London office. That might help give you an idea of how long the wait will be.
Good luck!

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Your visa is valid for 12 months from the date of your medical.

We would have left earlier, but my fiancé's sister got married at the end of April and we had agreed to our boys being ring bearers....if we'd known at the time that it would all happen so quickly we wouldn't have agreed to it!!! Staying for those extra months was hideous - I am a very impatient person!!

It all worked out ok in the end though, we got here 2 weeks after the snow had finally gone!!

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
Hey Pinklady

Can you add me into your spreadsheet? The first phase of my sponsorship application in Mississuaga has been approved on 30th of August and has been forwared to London Visa secition on the same day as being suggested by the email sent to my sponpor by CIC-M.

I can not be able to check the application status ecas, can you suggest me what to do to be able to check it online and do you know how long it is currently taking, i mean the processing time in London.?

Thanks

Yasiin