+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

hheather_hh

Apr 2, 2011
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2011
AOR Received.
17-06-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
31-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-08-2011
morning said:
Hello everyone!

Quick question, my husband sent all our immigration forms recorded, signed for express post from Cold Lake to Mississauga on the 6th.
It was supposed to arrive on the 8th and has not.

Has anyone had any problems with lost immigration post? We have asked them to investigate ASAP.......

Will I need to redo my medical??? if it is not found....... This is all Crazy.

Pinklady you may have to remove my date of the 8th!!

Thanks
When I sent mine (recorded delivery from UK) the tracking website stated for a whole week it had been processed at the postal facility in Mississauga despite only taking 3 days to get there. Then all of a sudden it said it had been signed for. It think what probably happened was a delivery card sat in the PO box until someone retrieved its contents and signed for the package. So although you may have been guaranteed it would reach its destination in a certain timeframe, that doesn't mean it was collected from the PO box by then. And as I found with my experience, the tracking info may not always be an accurate reflection of its progress! Hang in there!

OneMissedCall

Jun 16, 2011
Hi

Was wondering.. does the office only ever correspond through letters or e-mails? I had a phone call yesterday (which I missed, hence the username!) but my application has only been at the London office for 2 months so thinking its a bit soon for action to have been taken..

morning

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Rose of the Shire, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
3152 + 3232
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 June 2011
Doc's Request.
In Process - 9 August 2011
File Transfer...
19 July 2011
Med's Done....
4 May 2011
Passport Req..
28 September 2011
hheather_hh said:
When I sent mine (recorded delivery from UK) the tracking website stated for a whole week it had been processed at the postal facility in Mississauga despite only taking 3 days to get there. Then all of a sudden it said it had been signed for. It think what probably happened was a delivery card sat in the PO box until someone retrieved its contents and signed for the package. So although you may have been guaranteed it would reach its destination in a certain timeframe, that doesn't mean it was collected from the PO box by then. And as I found with my experience, the tracking info may not always be an accurate reflection of its progress! Hang in there!
Thanks for the advice, I will give it a while longer. All it says is Mississauga Postal Facility and nothing more.
I have called though and they have started an investigation into its whereabouts.

Just frustrating as you take time and energy in getting it all ready then in a second it can be lost.......

Oh well, fingers crossed.

Thanks

clayrview

Jun 18, 2011
We're in the same boat as everyone here, but just getting our documents together ready to send. I notice a lot of people have noted in the their timeline that their medical checks were done after their applications were sent. Is this the way to do it? I thought everything was to be included at once- application, med checks, and background checks...

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
clayrview said:
We're in the same boat as everyone here, but just getting our documents together ready to send. I notice a lot of people have noted in the their timeline that their medical checks were done after their applications were sent. Is this the way to do it? I thought everything was to be included at once- application, med checks, and background checks...
Medicals should be done before for Outland sponsorship applications of a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner... Complete the form in Part 3 - Appendix C - and take it along with you to your medical. You will be given a form from the DMP to include in your application package... the results are then sent to London by the DMP... which is possibly the date that has been noted on some profiles "medicals received"...

For complete instructions about your medical examination and how to find a Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP), read the Medical Instructions section in IMM 3999, Part 2: The Immigrant's Guide.

If you include everything on the checklists you can't go wrong :) Good luck!

CattAdams

Mar 23, 2011
Dover, England - Coquitlam, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
AOR Received.
09-01-2011 (ecas)
File Transfer...
04-03-2011
Med's Done....
19-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2011
LANDED..........
14-07-2011 (Count down on)
Hello Everyone!!

So, on Thursday I picked up my passport with the shiny new visa!! Talk about making it real!! It was very quick - I was 3rd in line to pick it up and considering they open their doors at 2pm...I had got my visa and was shopping on Oxford Street at 2:06pm HAHA

Just trying to get the packing done and decide what I'll be shipping etc - July 14th is coming around very quickly!! :D Can't wait to be in my husband's arms again!!

Looking forward to celebrating Canada Day in London on the 1st!! Apparently there were 50,000 people partying in Trafalgar Square last year, so should be fun!! Then 2 weeks later I'll be home!! YAY!!!

Hope everyone is well!!

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Hi all,

My husband (sponsor) can't remember some of his previous addresses (Q8, Form IMM5540 E) & the dates of residence.

Will city, country & dates suffice? And can his Office/Employment/University address replace residential address?

Thanks for ur help!

clayrview

Jun 18, 2011
MDSB said:
Medicals should be done before for Outland sponsorship applications of a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner... Complete the form in Part 3 - Appendix C - and take it along with you to your medical. You will be given a form from the DMP to include in your application package... the results are then sent to London by the DMP... which is possibly the date that has been noted on some profiles "medicals received"...

For complete instructions about your medical examination and how to find a Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP), read the Medical Instructions section in IMM 3999, Part 2: The Immigrant's Guide.

If you include everything on the checklists you can't go wrong :) Good luck!
So the Meds are sent to London by the DMP, or via the Mississauga office? If the DMP give us the completed forms, should we not send them to Mississauga, not London? And if so, why would they be sent to London separate from the application?

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
clayrview said:
So the Meds are sent to London by the DMP, or via the Mississauga office? If the DMP give us the completed forms, should we not send them to Mississauga, not London? And if so, why would they be sent to London separate from the application?
You won't be given your medical results. The results are sent straight to London by the DMP. Mississauga will send your full application package to London once sponsorship is approved. When your application arrives in London it will be married up with your medical results.
What you will need to include with your application is Copy 2 of the Medical Report-Section A that the DMP will sign and give to you when you undergo the medical examination.
Hope this helps
MDSB

AKGAZ

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
USA
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Doc's Request.
05-04-2011
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
File Transfer...
02-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
07-07-2011
OneMissedCall said:
Hi

Was wondering.. does the office only ever correspond through letters or e-mails? I had a phone call yesterday (which I missed, hence the username!) but my application has only been at the London office for 2 months so thinking its a bit soon for action to have been taken..
Hi
This happened to me. I immediately emailed London. I received nothing for 5 weeks before I got an email (asking for info which I presume was why they called me in the first place).

I sent it in and later got an email PPR.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi
I have sent them the passport on Thursday which will reach on MONDAY 20th however ECAS is still "In Progress". they asked for passport and police certificate on last week. Now this time is very difficult as i dont know weather they will endorse my passport with visa or not.

Does anyone on this forum have this experience that they have asked for passport and police certificate without ECAS changing status and without telling that its approved?

Naz

samba18

Feb 24, 2011
It's seems ages since I sent it away last October! But Just got my PPR!

Thanks for all the advice/help/support!

Hope those waiting get, theirs soon!

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
samba18 said:

Thats great Samba, many congratulations :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
samba18 said:

Yeah that's brilliant news, congratulations!
About time too!