+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sahar999

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Doc's Request.
13-12-2017
AOR Received.
06-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
08-12-2017
Med's Done....
19-12-2017

Lysa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
I got my pre arrival email yesterday amd today they sent me an email asking for my marriahe certificate that i have already providrd when applying. Can anyone guide me on this?

woyaodeshihulu

May 25, 2018
Don't hold your breath. The Hong Kong Visa office is responsible for PR applications from:

China (People’s Republic of), Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR and Taiwan

Versus London, responsible for PR applications from:

Afghanistan, Bahrain, Channel Islands, Denmark, Falkland Islands (Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Kuwait, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Scotland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Yemen

Enormous caseload difference.
Hahahaha I thought maybe Chinese applicants only in HK office have exceeded all above mentioned countries that are processed in UK office :-D :-D If I was not in Dubai, my files could have been processed in HK.

JBEL123

Mar 15, 2018
Got the letter asking for further proof my sponsor is planning to return to Canada with me:

"Please provide proof that your sponsor intends to reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident. This includes but is not limited to copies of correspondence with: potential employers, real estate companies, property rental agencies, health care agencies, insurance agencies, financial institutions, etc."

Does anyone have any advice on proof where we haven't really got the above?

* Potential employers - she works in a relatively low paid field in the UK and given we haven't had a date to move back we haven't started making contact with employers
* Real estate/rental - again, not having an idea when we will move we don't have contact with them as for rental agencies you need a target date to realistically view properties. We have looked at plenty websites, but no correspondence with agencies. Just browsing!
* Healthcare - no reason to contact them
* Insurance/financial - we are young and not bringing over assets. Her savings remain in Canada and have the whole time she has lived here.

Funnily enough we had begun to plan this past two weeks for moving in October, with me under dual intent if the visa wasn't through. But so far this has only involved telling her friends in Toronto and asking them to keep an eye out for rentals and more looking at rental websites. We had planned over the next couple of weeks to do things like book flights etc but given this will now be after the date of the letter we're not sure how much value this holds.

Edit: Things I've been able to dig out include email conversations between us following a moving quote for all our stuff (including her furniture that she shipped over here when she moved), email conversations following a quote for shipping our cats over, and an email from me to her parents with details of what we'd like them to send out to their friends in Toronto about helping us find a place to live, which I'm hoping they sent out prior to getting the proof request. Her parents live in the UK which I guess is part of why they're unsure she intends to return to Canada.
They asked for this once they started the BGC?

My wife and I are in sort of a similar situation. We both live in Dubai and intend to move to Canada once she gets her PR. In our application, we attached LOADs of documents to help prove that we plan to move to Canada, but we obviously haven't made any concrete plans since we don't know dates yet. I thought that getting the Sponsor Approval meant that they went through that bit of documentation and accepted it as sufficient proof. Now i'm nervous again.
For your info, I had:
* details about the company i started in Canada with basic info re: what it does
* emails between my friends and I talking about business opportunities in Canada
* a letter promising that i will move to canada (lol)

Can I ask if you had anything in your initial application to prove that you intend to move to Canada?

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
They asked for this once they started the BGC?

My wife and I are in sort of a similar situation. We both live in Dubai and intend to move to Canada once she gets her PR. In our application, we attached LOADs of documents to help prove that we plan to move to Canada, but we obviously haven't made any concrete plans since we don't know dates yet. I thought that getting the Sponsor Approval meant that they went through that bit of documentation and accepted it as sufficient proof. Now i'm nervous again.
For your info, I had:
* details about the company i started in Canada with basic info re: what it does
* emails between my friends and I talking about business opportunities in Canada
* a letter promising that i will move to canada (lol)

Can I ask if you had anything in your initial application to prove that you intend to move to Canada?
Yep, the request for further proof came after the BGC started. The day after, in fact. In our initital application, our proof was:

* A letter outlining our plans, why my partner wants to move back to Canada, what family ties she has there
* Letters from both sets of parents supporting our move
* Evidence that the sponsor hadn't moved any of her savings out of Canada as she always intended to return

For futher proof, we are providing:

* Instant messaging conversations between us over the past few months about the move and housing
* Seeking quotes to move our possessions (including returning all her furniture she shipped over) and also our pets (and including proof the pets are registered to her)
* Emails/instant messaging with family and friends about the move
* Job bank profiles (done after request)
* New emails to bank in Canada (done after request)
* She emailed her old doctor to re-register (done after request)
* Emails to letting agents (done after request)

In this post, someone shares what they sent in response to this request and also that they did a bunch of the stuff for proof after receiving the request but it was still acceptable.

I guess my advice to you would be to work on establishing as much of a paper trail now that you can then draw upon for evidence if you need to. Maybe you won't! But worth doing, I surely regret a little bit us not doing some of this in advance, but to be honest we were just in limbo waiting for the application to progress.

JBEL123

Mar 15, 2018
Thanks. This helps a lot.

I think the furniture, bank and job ideas are good ones. We've been putting all of that off because we're not sure of the timeline, but we should get started since the hope is that the PR comes through this year. My wife is an auditor and would need to get certified in Canada. I know she's done some reasearch about it - maybe i should get her to do some emailing to people to have a paper-trail as proof.

ursus

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-02-2018
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-04-2018
Med's Request
05-04-2018
Med's Done....
25-04-2018
Passport Req..
17-08-2018
Thanks. This helps a lot.

I think the furniture, bank and job ideas are good ones. We've been putting all of that off because we're not sure of the timeline, but we should get started since the hope is that the PR comes through this year. My wife is an auditor and would need to get certified in Canada. I know she's done some reasearch about it - maybe i should get her to do some emailing to people to have a paper-trail as proof.
Any planning evidence helps I think but in terms of planning ahead for getting a further proof request it's most useful if it is planning the sponsor is doing themselves (you're the sponsor right?). So if you send speculative emails to get quotes for moving, emails telling people that you will be moving back to Canada, etc, I think that'd be stronger than anything sent by her. Reactivating old administrative connections seems to be a good one too - old doctors surgery, etc, even if you might not live in the right area to use the same practice when it actually comes down to it.

C.R.M.

Apr 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LOV
App. Filed.......
25-01-2018
Doc's Request.
22-03-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
File Transfer...
29-05-2018
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
27-03-2018
Any may 2018 applicants got their bgc started yet?
We submitted our application end of Jan 2018 (Outland) and our file was sent to LVO end of May. We haven’t heard anything about our BGC staring yet. Not sure what the timeline is on when they get it started.... ‍♀

woyaodeshihulu

May 25, 2018
We submitted our application end of Jan 2018 (Outland) and our file was sent to LVO end of May. We haven’t heard anything about our BGC staring yet. Not sure what the timeline is on when they get it started.... ‍♀
have you received pre-arrival services letter yet?

C.R.M.

Apr 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LOV
App. Filed.......
25-01-2018
Doc's Request.
22-03-2018
AOR Received.
15-03-2018
File Transfer...
29-05-2018
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
27-03-2018
have you received pre-arrival services letter yet?
We’ve received nothing at all since May when they sent the app to LVO. My understanding is they are working through Aug-Oct 2017 applications at LVO, so a little longer to wait still.

Anuquz

Feb 19, 2015
Does anyone know how long it takes acro to send police certificate internationally? I have selected premium service and free delivery service. Delivery address is Dubai.

Barko

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Today I received a invitation to Pre-arrival service after 11 months passed since my application received and 9 months of silence.
No BGC started...i wonder if this is something to cool me off with while my process extends another 4-5 months or is it a good sign my process is coming to an end and my see a decision made/PPR!!!

anyone has an idea?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Today I received a invitation to Pre-arrival service after 11 months passed since my application received and 9 months of silence.
No BGC started...i wonder if this is something to cool me off with while my process extends another 4-5 months or is it a good sign my process is coming to an end and my see a decision made/PPR!!!

anyone has an idea?
I am guessing that you are in the final couple of weeks!

Reactions: Barko