+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazam80 said:
Hi everyone

I went today to collect my passport for visit visa, they stamped it for 9 months. My pr case is still in process but I m traveling to Canada in two weeks time. I asked tht if during visit to Canada I receive letter of ppr then can I post my passport to London rather than traveling back to London , they said I can do tht then they will post my ppt back to me n I ve to go outside da Canada in order to land which I ve already planned.

I just thought to share it , as it might be help to someone

Naz
hi naz,

i have a question, it is clear that you are not from visa exempt coutry just like me, i am looking to apply for a TRV as well while my application for PR is still in mississauga, could you please guide me what type of documents you provided to get your TRV and how easy was that to get an TRV?

i will be much obliged!

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you will find that nazam80 is very close to the end of the PR process, hence the ease of TRV availability.

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
Hey all,

I realized this weekend how much this process has affected us. Seeing people getting the request for passport with similar dates made the week tough, it's like watching the water boil.

I just want my wife the love of my life with me forever on the same page.

--L and L

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
hsbalouch said:
hi naz,

i have a question, it is clear that you are not from visa exempt coutry just like me, i am looking to apply for a TRV as well while my application for PR is still in mississauga, could you please guide me what type of documents you provided to get your TRV and how easy was that to get an TRV?

i will be much obliged!
Hi hsbolich

Hope u r ok. Yes you and me are from same country and they don't issue TRV visa that easy for us. I ve been to Canada abt 5 times before and they did tell me that my pr case is abt to finalize soon that's why it was easy for me to get TRV visa.

I can definitely guide u in detail plz give me ur email address an I will tell u more details.
Will wait for ur reply.

Naz

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Rob.Barrett said:
nearly! will be soon - have pretty much sorted everything to go. just need to get onto the plane on thursday. and would you believe Air Canada pushed back my flight by half an hour!!
They just don't understand the urgency do they ?!? Ours has already been pushed back 15 minutes and we've got another 7 weeks to go (7!!)I'm so jealous that you're going so soon, but I'm very very happy for you.
Did you get the 'thank god I'm outta here' feeling that we did when the budget was announced ?? Why are people staying here?? ???

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Rob.Barrett said:
Did you watch it? It was very interesting to see the darker side, but it seems the British Immigration Authorities are pretty weak. If we submitted a Marriage Licence, 15 photo's clearly taken on the same day, the Canadian high commission would throw it back to us!
I was actually quite shocked how easy it seems to be to get into the UK! You are right, that would not happen so easily in Canada!

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazam80 said:
Hi hsbolich
I can definitely guide u in detail plz give me ur email address an I will tell u more details.
Will wait for ur reply.

Naz
please check your inbox

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Jen85 said:
I was actually quite shocked how easy it seems to be to get into the UK! You are right, that would not happen so easily in Canada!
I finally watched it! They are all so casual about it, I can't believe it's so easy

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Canooknic said:
I finally watched it! They are all so casual about it, I can't believe it's so easy
Too flippin easy!! No wonder this country has problems! The pictures were obviously all taken on one day! How can immigration officials in the UK possibly accept something like that? This is the whole reason why they put us through everything they do in Canada and why they want so much proof of our relationships. To try and stop that kind of blatant fraud.

Rob.Barrett

Star Member
Nov 12, 2009
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/09/2010
AOR Received.
05/11/2010
File Transfer...
22/10/2010
Med's Done....
06/08/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09/02/2011
VISA ISSUED...
04/03/2011
LANDED..........
31/03.2011
Jen85 said:
Too flippin easy!! No wonder this country has problems! The pictures were obviously all taken on one day! How can immigration officials in the UK possibly accept something like that? This is the whole reason why they put us through everything they do in Canada and why they want so much proof of our relationships. To try and stop that kind of blatant fraud.
What more amazes me is if you marry a Brit - you get Perm Res for 3 Years, Marry an EU citizen not of British Citizenship, and you get 5. How can that make sense!

And now there taking away the legal document , and removing people from the country at a later date. I'm sorry but this country really is going down the pan. I felt so sorry for that Spanish lady whose Identity was stolen to marry the Pakistani guy. Legally she's married, and the Spanish official's stated that its a British matter. It's really disgusting that the British system is soo weak and easy to get around. You've really gotta take your hats off to the Canadian, Australian and New Zelland immigration and customs for really enforcing the system.

Also hats off to the BBC Panorama team for putting their balls in the meat grinder to expose the problem!

derwig

Nov 23, 2010
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2010
Doc's Request.
28-02-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
24-01-2011
Med's Done....
09-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Just got my PPR e-mail this morning from the London office, am very happy as I was expecting to be waiting a lot longer than this :D!

Best of luck to everyone going through London, they seem to be quite quick compared to some other offices.

Regards,

Derwig

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
derwig said:
Just got my PPR e-mail this morning from the London office, am very happy as I was expecting to be waiting a lot longer than this :D!

Best of luck to everyone going through London, they seem to be quite quick compared to some other offices.

Regards,

Derwig
Congrats !! When/where are you landing?

Heckler

Mar 14, 2011
Bristol, Uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-10
Passport Req..
11-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-11
LANDED..........
02-04-11
Just taking a quick break from packing. It's hard to believe that after 3 years of being in a long distance relationship I'm actually gonna be moving to Canada to be with my gorgeous wife & step kids in 3 short days ;D ;D ;D
Sooooooooooooo much still to do though, anyone fancy coming to help with the final packing? :p

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
I'd love to help, I'll be there as soon as I've done mine!! ;D

How exciting to be so close to moving, I am very lucky to be here with my family with me so we can all leave together so I can't imagine how great it will be for you to finally be with yours. I'm bad enough about finally getting back with my sister and her family !!

Where abouts are you going to?

Heckler

Mar 14, 2011
Bristol, Uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-10
Passport Req..
11-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-11
LANDED..........
02-04-11
I'm going to Sooke, just outside of Victoria on vancouver Island. A stunning part of the world that I've already fallen totally in love with!
At least with my packing it's just me, I don't have to worry about anyone else ;)
It's helped by the fact that I've been living with my parents recently so I don't have t worry about packing up a whole house worth of stuff, I'm really not taking much with me at all. It's damn hard parting with my rather large library of books that I've been building up for over 20 years though!
I did briefly consider shipping them over butI can buy most of them in Canada second hand for about a hundreth of the cost :p