+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

toeknee

Jan 20, 2016
Toronto (Outland from Huddersfield UK)
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-03-2016
File Transfer...
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
03-11-2016
Duffy said:
ECAS SAYS DECISION MADE!!!!!
Congratulations Duffy! I hope it's a good sign that you are directly above me in the spreadsheet :)

We seem to be seeing a surge of activity by London - Here's hoping for another Oct, Nov and Dec like last year

Kate CP

Dec 1, 2015
Hi again folks

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's okay to land in a different province to the one you intend to end up in?

We are moving to NS in September of next year, but husband needs to land this year. Flights between now and Christmas to halifax are super expensive so wondering if it's possible for him to land at Toronto instead.

Anyone have any experience?

Assuming it IS fine for him to land in Toronto, then would it be a bad idea to give my cousin's address (in NS) as the place they should send his PR card? We'd intended to do that, before we thought of perhaps landing elsewhere, but don't want to make things tricky or complicated.

Thanks!

Kate

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
Kate CP said:
Hi again folks

Just wondering if anyone knows if it's okay to land in a different province to the one you intend to end up in?

We are moving to NS in September of next year, but husband needs to land this year. Flights between now and Christmas to halifax are super expensive so wondering if it's possible for him to land at Toronto instead.

Assuming it IS fine for him to land in Toronto, then would it be a bad idea to give my cousin's address (in NS) as the place they should send his PR card? We'd intended to do that, before we thought of perhaps landing elsewhere, but don't want to make things tricky or complicated.

Thanks!

Kate
He can land anywhere

Just a word of warning and it may have been specific for me when I 'landed' I was about to give the officer a friend's address to send my PR card to and he up front asked if I would be there for the next 30 days or so. Not wanting to lie I said no, I will be returning to my home country again and then coming back.

He told me they couldn't send it and I'd have to send a change of address form when i go back on a perm basis.

other people have been able to give an address no probs

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
Kate CP said:
Hi again folks

Thanks!

Kate
If you're in the family class thread, that's not a problem, you can land anywhere.

Only time it might be an issue is if you were going through Provincial Nomination. If, for example, you'd been sponsored by Nova Scotia, and then you did your landing in Vancouver and gave them an address to send your PR card in Victoria... you might suddenly find you were getting extra questions.

Duffy

Star Member
Apr 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-03-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 18-11-2015
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 19/10/16
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
Thanks everyone! I honestly was just expecting it to say "in process" as it had on Saturday so when I logged in (as I do several times a week) I was in a complete state of shock!!!

I hope London finally has the ball rolling again and that everyone else waiting gets their answers soon!!

cclondon

Dec 8, 2015
Hi there, not sure if this is the right thread to post this question. We just landed at YVR and after my partners residency was processed we went to process our good to follow documents. I was told there that they would not process the jewellery portion as it all needs to have an appraisal report as I could be trying to bring hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of jewellery in (I had an itemised list with photos. It is obviously all just silver jewellery - not of high end value - it probably comes to less than 2000quid for all items). Getting all the items valued will actually cost quite a bit. I cant find anything about this on the government website. I didn't bring it with us as we were travelling for two months en route to landing. Has anyone else encountered this? Many thanks!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
cclondon said:
Hi there, not sure if this is the right thread to post this question. We just landed at YVR and after my partners residency was processed we went to process our good to follow documents. I was told there that they would not process the jewellery portion as it all needs to have an appraisal report as I could be trying to bring hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of jewellery in (I had an itemised list with photos. It is obviously all just silver jewellery - not of high end value - it probably comes to less than 2000quid for all items). Getting all the items valued will actually cost quite a bit. I cant find anything about this on the government website. I didn't bring it with us as we were travelling for two months en route to landing. Has anyone else encountered this? Many thanks!
This is the first I've heard of something like this... I think you probably just got unlucky. Honestly... you probably would have no issues just bringing it with you anyway in a suitcase or something on a later flight, as you say it's not high value so I don't imagine you'll have an issue.

You might want to post a new thread with this question, though, so that more people see it and you get more opinions.

andrews65

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2016
AOR Received.
11-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 28-07-2016
LANDED..........
14-02-2017
Hurlabrick said:
Have you already got a UCI and an Application Number from CIC? If not, the no point in sending anything to anyone as there is little chance they would bother trying to link it to your application and it could easily go astray.
Hi - application now linked to my CIC account! So I have an application number. Do I need to wait for my sponsor to get the AOR communication before we know the UCI?

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16
cclondon said:
I'm actually quite surprised as it shouldn't make any difference how much you're bring in, you could bring in a million dollars worth and it's still tax free.

No idea what you're meant to do now, were you planning on shipping it or bringing it in your suitcase

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
andrews65 said:
Hi - application now linked to my CIC account! So I have an application number. Do I need to wait for my sponsor to get the AOR communication before we know the UCI?
As you have an application number, that should be enough for them to link any email to your file. Try using that and send them an email with your question re: your US police certificate. Their email address is:

CPCM-EXTCOM@cic.gc.ca

But to answer your question, yes the UCI number comes with the AOR (if you get one) but also with the sponsor approval letter.

eukaryote

Oct 9, 2016
Hello,

total newbie here - thought I'd share my timeline for the spreadsheet:

Common-Law,
AOR 21 September
SA 5 Oct

CPC ottawa :)

Meds done 11 Jul

We're both in London, UK

Hoping to move out sometime in March/April!!

Charno

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/02/2016
Doc's Request.
27/09/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2016
File Transfer...
SA: 31/03/2016 AOR2: 08/04/2016
Med's Done....
14/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 24/10/2016
eukaryote said:
Hello,

Common-Law,
AOR 21 September
SA 5 Oct

Meds done 11 Jul

We're both in London, UK

Welcome! ;) Good to hear that your application is being processed in Ottawa (much, much quicker than London).

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
eukaryote said:
Hello,

Common-Law,
AOR 21 September
SA 5 Oct

Meds done 11 Jul

We're both in London, UK

Added to spreadsheet, please keep us updated here. Good luck - great getting Ottawa!

Shadowsun

Feb 18, 2016
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2017
LANDED..........
16-02-2017
Hi all!

I have a few questions and I was hoping you guys would have answers to (instead of paying an immigration lawyer some serious $$$ for some info).

1. How will we know when my husband has been accepted for PR? Letter int he mail, update on CIC website, etc...?

2. Once he is accepted as a PR, where will his card be mailed to? My house in Canada or his house in England?

3. How long does he have to land in Canada from the time we learn he is now a PR?

4. Does CIC tell you what to do at customs/security at the airport? What to say, what to bring with you, etc...

Just a few things we need guidance on, as I haven't found any site that lays all the directions out for you.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks all! ^_^

andymonroe

Jan 6, 2016
Helo senior members please can you enlighten...me i got passport request and was asked to fill the IMM5669 form . I included previous visa refusals UK which I didnt put in my initial application although I checked YES. and I forgot the US in the new form I just submitted would that be a problem?