+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Shadowsun said:
1. How will we know when my husband has been accepted for PR? Letter int he mail, update on CIC website, etc...?

2. Once he is accepted as a PR, where will his card be mailed to? My house in Canada or his house in England?

3. How long does he have to land in Canada from the time we learn he is now a PR?

4. Does CIC tell you what to do at customs/security at the airport? What to say, what to bring with you, etc...
1. His ECAS or MyCIC account should update to Decision Made. He may receive a request for new photos/passport copy or he may just receive his COPR in the mail.

2. When he lands as a PR, CBSA will ask him for his Canadian address to mail the PR card. They will not mail the card to England.

3. There is a difference between being approved for PR and actually becoming a PR. He will not be a PR until he lands in Canada. Generally, the COPR is valid for a year from the date of the medical.

4. There will be an information sheet with the COPR regarding the requirements to land.

Charno

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/02/2016
Doc's Request.
27/09/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2016
File Transfer...
SA: 31/03/2016 AOR2: 08/04/2016
Med's Done....
14/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 24/10/2016
Shadowsun said:
Hi all!

I have a few questions and I was hoping you guys would have answers to (instead of paying an immigration lawyer some serious $$$ for some info).

1. How will we know when my husband has been accepted for PR? Letter int he mail, update on CIC website, etc...?

2. Once he is accepted as a PR, where will his card be mailed to? My house in Canada or his house in England?

3. How long does he have to land in Canada from the time we learn he is now a PR?

4. Does CIC tell you what to do at customs/security at the airport? What to say, what to bring with you, etc...

Just a few things we need guidance on, as I haven't found any site that lays all the directions out for you.

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks all! ^_^
Everything canuck_in_uk said, plus you might find the British Expats Sponsorship FAQ useful: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ (I use it all the time!) ;)

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
andymonroe said:
Helo senior members please can you enlighten...me i got passport request and was asked to fill the IMM5669 form . I included previous visa refusals UK which I didnt put in my initial application although I checked YES. and I forgot the US in the new form I just submitted would that be a problem?
So what you're saying is that you misrepresented yourself on your initial application (where you were asked if you'd been refused visas to any country, and you didn't list UK refusals), and again on the replacement form (where you didn't list US refusals)?

Did you remember to list the US refusals on the first one? Just trying to work out how different the two forms will be.

Charno

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/02/2016
Doc's Request.
27/09/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
14/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Hi everyone! We were asked for additional documents on September 27th (proof of intent to live in Canada for me, additional passport photos for my partner). We sent everything as quickly as possible via DHL and our docs arrived at LVO on October 3rd (last monday). Right now MyCIC status still hasn't changed: it says "We need an additional document from the applicant" even though, according to the website, it should say "provided" or "received" once they are submitted. Considering we had 30 days to provide the documents and that the clock is ticking, should I be worried about the fact that they still haven't been officially "received"? I'm not expecting them to review the docs or make a decision quickly (I know it can take some time!), but I'm more concerned about the fact that they haven't acknowledged receipt of the docs, especially now that that option is visible on MyCIC. Do you guys know how long it should/might take for the status to be updated to "received" or "provided"?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Charno said:
Hi everyone! We were asked for additional documents on September 27th (proof of intent to live in Canada for me, additional passport photos for my partner). We sent everything as quickly as possible via DHL and our docs arrived at LVO on October 3rd (last monday). Right now MyCIC status still hasn't changed: it says "We need an additional document from the applicant" even though, according to the website, it should say "provided" or "received" once they are submitted. Considering we had 30 days to provide the documents and that the clock is ticking, should I be worried about the fact that they still haven't been officially "received"? I'm not expecting them to review the docs or make a decision quickly (I know it can take some time!), but I'm more concerned about the fact that they haven't acknowledged receipt of the docs, especially now that that option is visible on MyCIC. Do you guys know how long it should/might take for the status to be updated to "received" or "provided"?
Hmm. It's only been a week, and yesterday was a holiday as well (CIC in London would have been closed as they observe the Canadian holidays there). So I say give it today and tomorrow for them to recover from the long weekend (chances are there were probably a few staff who were off, as there tends to be on long weekends), and if by end-of-day Wednesday you haven't seen a change then drop them a CSE just asking them to verify that they received the docs that were delivered on the 3rd. :)

rasholm

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
24-03-2017
Med's Done....
25-05-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
hi all,

can someone enlighten a simple man like me on the difference between the average months for the last 20 decisions listed for London on the home and statistics sheet in the spreadsheet and the average months listed for London under the 2016 sheet? The date range is indicated as 31 May to October 4th 2016, but as far as I can see there has only been 3 decisions made for London in 2016?

Can it really be true that the average processing time for London is only 7,76 months in 2016 if you are from a "standard" country like Denmark?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
rasholm said:
hi all,

can someone enlighten a simple man like me on the difference between the average months for the last 20 decisions listed for London on the home and statistics sheet in the spreadsheet and the average months listed for London under the 2016 sheet? The date range is indicated as 31 May to October 4th 2016, but as far as I can see there has only been 3 decisions made for London in 2016?

Can it really be true that the average processing time for London is only 7,76 months in 2016 if you are from a "standard" country like Denmark?
Hello! :)

Here's now it works.

The "past 20 decisions" box looks at ALL the decisions made across all years, and pulls the average of the last 20 by visa office. For London's standard countries measure it just filters out PK applications. So for London, the past 20 decisions were made between 31 May and 4 October, and those 20 decisions average to 311 days, or 10.24 months. The application filed date can be from any year. Of the past 20 decisions made, 3 were filed in 2016, 16 were filed in 2015, and 1 was filed in 2014.

The stat on the 2016 tab looks ONLY at decisions made from applications filed in London in 2016, so that's only 3 applications (Duffy, BelBris, and JayneC). Those 3 applications average to the 7.76 months reported on that tab.

The stats on the Home & Stats tab is the way more accurate one to use because it aggregates the stats from all the various spreadsheets. The split by year just makes the information a bit easier to find, else the spreadsheet would be REALLY long.

So if you are trying to get an idea of processing time, looking at the past 20 decisions gives you the best indication of how long they are taking. The "Processing time by office" box includes averages all the way back from 2014... and things were a bit different back then, which was why the "last 20" box was added.

I've updated the title for the "Date range" box to say "DM Date Range", so it's more obvious that the date rate is the dates that the DECISION was made, not the dates the app was filed.

Hope that helps!

rasholm

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
24-03-2017
Med's Done....
25-05-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
SchnookoLoly said:
Hello! :)

Here's now it works.

The "past 20 decisions" box looks at ALL the decisions made across all years, and pulls the average of the last 20 by visa office. For London's standard countries measure it just filters out PK applications. So for London, the past 20 decisions were made between 31 May and 4 October, and those 20 decisions average to 311 days, or 10.24 months. The application filed date can be from any year. Of the past 20 decisions made, 3 were filed in 2016, 16 were filed in 2015, and 1 was filed in 2014.

The stat on the 2016 tab looks ONLY at decisions made from applications filed in London in 2016, so that's only 3 applications (Duffy, BelBris, and JayneC). Those 3 applications average to the 7.76 months reported on that tab.

The stats on the Home & Stats tab is the way more accurate one to use because it aggregates the stats from all the various spreadsheets. The split by year just makes the information a bit easier to find, else the spreadsheet would be REALLY long.

So if you are trying to get an idea of processing time, looking at the past 20 decisions gives you the best indication of how long they are taking. The "Processing time by office" box includes averages all the way back from 2014... and things were a bit different back then, which was why the "last 20" box was added.

I've updated the title for the "Date range" box to say "DM Date Range", so it's more obvious that the date rate is the dates that the DECISION was made, not the dates the app was filed.

Hope that helps!
Thank you SchnookoLoly. Yes that helps a simple man like me

Charno

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/02/2016
Doc's Request.
27/09/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
14/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
SchnookoLoly said:
Hmm. It's only been a week, and yesterday was a holiday as well (CIC in London would have been closed as they observe the Canadian holidays there). So I say give it today and tomorrow for them to recover from the long weekend (chances are there were probably a few staff who were off, as there tends to be on long weekends), and if by end-of-day Wednesday you haven't seen a change then drop them a CSE just asking them to verify that they received the docs that were delivered on the 3rd. :)
Thank you, SchnookoLoly! ;)

MissDW

May 5, 2016
Charno said:
I'm having the same issue, except My CIC doesn't even say that an additional document has been requested (or received). It seems it hasn't been updated since they approved me to sponsor but I've sent in additional information and they've requested a document. Should I be chasing to see why this hasn't been updated?

Charno

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/02/2016
Doc's Request.
27/09/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
14/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
MissDW said:
I'm having the same issue, except My CIC doesn't even say that an additional document has been requested (or received). It seems it hasn't been updated since they approved me to sponsor but I've sent in additional information and they've requested a document. Should I be chasing to see why this hasn't been updated?
Sorry to hear you're having the same problem (and I'm sure we're not the only ones!). This is so frustrating. They could at the very least acknowledge reception when they ask for documents, especially when we have to provide them quickly.

Still no news for us today, so we're going to drop them a case specific enquiry, which you might also want to try. Let's just hope we'll get an answer. :(

JayneC

Dec 13, 2015
Hi everyone

I received my COPR in the mail today. I've been in Canada as a visitor for the last few months, so it was sent international signed for.

We are going on holiday next month, so I plan to land on my return back into Canada which will be 11th November.

Thanks very much to everyone for your help throughout the process.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
JayneC said:
Hi everyone

I received my COPR in the mail today. I've been in Canada as a visitor for the last few months, so it was sent international signed for.

We are going on holiday next month, so I plan to land on my return back into Canada which will be 11th November.

Congrats, spreadsheet updated! All the best with your landing.

Charno

Star Member
Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/02/2016
Doc's Request.
27/09/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
14/01/2016
VISA ISSUED...
JayneC said:
Hi everyone

Congratulations!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
andrew-brit said:
Congrats, spreadsheet updated! All the best with your landing.
HI ANDREW!!!! :D :D :D