+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Anyone in London who knows what hospital to do medicals and how long it takes? Very important and urgent pls..thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
willyblue said:
Anyone in London who knows what hospital to do medicals and how long it takes? Very important and urgent pls..thanks
Locations are easily found on the website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
Has anyone else noticed this update:

However, from March 15, 2016 until fall 2016, travellers who do not have an eTA can board their flight, as long as they have appropriate travel documents, such as a valid passport. During this time, border services officers can let travellers arriving without an eTA into the country, as long as they meet the other requirements to enter Canada.

Looks like those travelling from England over the next couple of months won't need an ETA. At least that's my understanding.

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016
application in process 3rd March 2016. please update the spreadsheet. :)

Chachacha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
Pre Application
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2016
NVJ said:
Has anyone else noticed this update:

However, from March 15, 2016 until fall 2016, travellers who do not have an eTA can board their flight, as long as they have appropriate travel documents, such as a valid passport. During this time, border services officers can let travellers arriving without an eTA into the country, as long as they meet the other requirements to enter Canada.

Looks like those travelling from England over the next couple of months won't need an ETA. At least that's my understanding.
My PR card wont have come by then, Im planning on making a trip to the UK and returning to canada two weeks later. What VISA will I come back on?

Martinaa

Mar 6, 2016
Hi everyone!

I'm hoping I've come to the right place, I've been going nuts trying to find answers to my questions. Im from Sweden and my fiancé is a Canadian citizen. This summer (june) I'm going to Canada on a visitors visa and we are getting married in Canada in August. After that I am planning on staying in Canada so that we can start our married life together. I am going to apply for a PR card as soon as we get the marriage certificate, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which way is the best for me, inland our outland. As I have understood it I'm allowed to stay in Canada even if I'm applying outland? I want to start working as soon as possible. Im guessing I will be going trough the London office if Im applying through outland, so my questions;

1. Would I be able to go to Canada on a visitors visa, get married, apply for a PR (inland or outland) and also get a work permit if I find a job or do I have to wait for the open work permit (if I apply inland)? Would I be able to apply for a normal work permit while waiting for an outland process?

2. How long is the processing time in London right now? (can't find any info about it)

3. How long does it usually take before you recieve the open work permit through the inland process?

4. Is it true that I can't leave the country during the whole inland-process?

REALLY appreciate any help I can get, my head is spinning from all of this!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
renee.tk said:
May 14th applicant here - checked today and finally got Decision Made. Fingers crossed! :) Thanks for everyone's help along the way!
F.M said:
application in process 3rd March 2016. please update the spreadsheet. :)
Updated!!

Chachacha said:
My PR card wont have come by then, Im planning on making a trip to the UK and returning to canada two weeks later. What VISA will I come back on?
I think you have to apply for a PRTD to be safe. That said, since eTA won't be strictly required you might be ok but you may also run into issues. I'd apply for the PRTD to avoid any issues.

Martinaa said:
Hi everyone!

I'm hoping I've come to the right place, I've been going nuts trying to find answers to my questions. Im from Sweden and my fiancé is a Canadian citizen. This summer (june) I'm going to Canada on a visitors visa and we are getting married in Canada in August. After that I am planning on staying in Canada so that we can start our married life together. I am going to apply for a PR card as soon as we get the marriage certificate, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which way is the best for me, inland our outland. As I have understood it I'm allowed to stay in Canada even if I'm applying outland? I want to start working as soon as possible. Im guessing I will be going trough the London office if Im applying through outland, so my questions;
Hello! Most of this is in the FAQ but I'll respond to a few specific points... the FAQ isl linked in my signature, and includes a link to the general wiki page on spousal sponsorship which explains inland vs outland and such. To your points below:

1. Would I be able to go to Canada on a visitors visa, get married, apply for a PR (inland or outland) and also get a work permit if I find a job or do I have to wait for the open work permit (if I apply inland)? Would I be able to apply for a normal work permit while waiting for an outland process?
Technically, yes, but you will have to convince the border agent on your way in that you won't work (unless you have a permit), and that you have ties back to Sweden. Honestly, you're basically showing up at the border with no visa and no work permit and saying you want to stay permanently. You'll definitely be questioned. You'll need to present a convincing case that you have ties back to Sweden, that you won't stay illegally, that you will return if ossible, and you understand you can't work etc. There's more on this in the FAQ.

2. How long is the processing time in London right now? (can't find any info about it)
In the FAQ.

3. How long does it usually take before you recieve the open work permit through the inland process?
4 months.

4. Is it true that I can't leave the country during the whole inland-process?
Once you have your work permit it's fine. It's not recommended to leave in the first 4 months. More on this is in the wiki article on spousal sponsorship linked from the FAQ.

HTH!

tina19

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-16
AOR Received.
O2-04-16
File Transfer...
14-04-16
Med's Done....
17-12-15
Passport Req..
10-06-16
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-16
Hi all. We've finally sent our application for PR under common law. How do we get added to the spreadsheet. Good luck to everyone in 2016 :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
tina19 said:
Hi all. We've finally sent our application for PR under common law. How do we get added to the spreadsheet. Good luck to everyone in 2016 :)
The spreadsheet says right on the cover sheet ow to get added, hehe. Post in here the info that we need - date it arrived in Mississauga, Married/Common-law, and where you are currently located, then I, Andrew, or PrincessTigger will add you in. :)

Blibblobblib

Jan 21, 2015
Hello everyone.

My story is I am 33 years old from the UK and I married my Canadian husband in London last year before he returned to Ontario and I remained in the UK.

We immediately applied for the Outland Spousal Sponsorship, and we were notified it was received December 23, 2015.
He has since been approved as my sponsor and my PR is currently at the stage as having received my medical exam.
He is in Toronto, Ontario, and I am moving to stay with him as a visitor in a few weeks.

According to the spreadsheet, it's a lengthy 10 month wait at the moment. I am preying this gets much shorter as I am planning on staying as a visitor to wait out my PR approval.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Average is at 9 months right now... which is down from 12 about a year ago. So I wouldnm't really count on processing times getting much shorter. The shortest average was about 6 months and that was going back awhile now.

If yo uwant to be added to the spreadsheet, then let us know the date of yoru sponsor approval, which office has your application, and your current location, then oen of us will add you in. :) The more data on the spreadsheet, the more accurate the spreadsheet will be! :)

JamesBox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Hello - I have a couple of questions if anyone knows - Applying Outland Common-Law :)

1) Proof Of Income - 12 months preceding date of sponsorship, if you are a sole owner or partners in an UNINCORPORATED business provide evidence of self-employment income (statement of business activities) So my partner is the owner of one and 50% owner of another INCORPORATED business. Do we need to provide proof of income, as it only mentions UNincorporated businesses.

2) Outland and Inland Document Checklist have both been updated. Inland requires different information for Sponsor's Proof of Income. Outland doesn't mention anything about Income Slips (T4, T4E T and T5007) but Inland does. Could this be a mistake in the Outland Checklist?

Thank you!

tina19

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-16
AOR Received.
O2-04-16
File Transfer...
14-04-16
Med's Done....
17-12-15
Passport Req..
10-06-16
VISA ISSUED...
09-07-16
Yay CIC received our application today so March 9. We applied under common law and were currently living in Scotland.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
tina19 said:
Yay CIC received our application today so March 9. We applied under common law and were currently living in Scotland.
Added!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
JamesBox said:
Hello - I have a couple of questions if anyone knows - Applying Outland Common-Law :)

1) Proof Of Income - 12 months preceding date of sponsorship, if you are a sole owner or partners in an UNINCORPORATED business provide evidence of self-employment income (statement of business activities) So my partner is the owner of one and 50% owner of another INCORPORATED business. Do we need to provide proof of income, as it only mentions UNincorporated businesses.

2) Outland and Inland Document Checklist have both been updated. Inland requires different information for Sponsor's Proof of Income. Outland doesn't mention anything about Income Slips (T4, T4E T and T5007) but Inland does. Could this be a mistake in the Outland Checklist?

Thank you!
Not sure on #1, but on #2, there's not a mistake. You don't have to provide that for outland.