+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Posted processing time for inland applications is 26 months (!)

You mentioned " for him to come over as a PR." Does this mean he's outside Canada? If so apply outland because it's quite a bit quicker.

If you're a straightforward case of Canadian sponsoring a UK citizen then don't spend money on a lawyer. Ask any question you may have on here - it'll save you a fortune on lawyer fees!

Barrie Bound

Jan 17, 2016
Hi all

So we have had our notes and since it arrived in London sweet F.A. has happened to it other than amending our address and extending the medical, they haven't replied to any of our messages they responded to the MP by just saying it hasn't started.

There are deadlines within the notes and they are way over them, we're not sure what to do.

The MPs assistant we spoke to wasn't very helpful, he said we had sent to many emails and maybe they had put the case to one side because we had sent too many (was about 6 in a 2 week period) but we are 18 months now we don't think they were working on it anyway!

We're sure that it's a backlog management strategy, work on new ones as a priority and slowly work through the old ones as they are either already annoyed or believe the processing times published on the CIC website so aren't chasing. On this point, how on earth have they calculated the 29 months that was quoted during 2015

We are waiting until our last email passes the 28 day response time and then we're going to start pestering again, anyone have suggestions on how to do it? Do we try and log an official complaint, write a letter, try to go higher (email/tweet) minister for Immigration, not sure how extreme we should be...

Thanks
Matt & Melissa

WeeHippieElf

Jul 20, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2015
Doc's Request.
10-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
DM 13-11-2015!!!
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 09-01-2016!!!!!
LANDED..........
21-05-2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barrie Bound said:
Hi all

So we have had our notes and since it arrived in London sweet F.A. has happened to it other than amending our address and extending the medical, they haven't replied to any of our messages they responded to the MP by just saying it hasn't started.

There are deadlines within the notes and they are way over them, we're not sure what to do.

The MPs assistant we spoke to wasn't very helpful, he said we had sent to many emails and maybe they had put the case to one side because we had sent too many (was about 6 in a 2 week period) but we are 18 months now we don't think they were working on it anyway!

We're sure that it's a backlog management strategy, work on new ones as a priority and slowly work through the old ones as they are either already annoyed or believe the processing times published on the CIC website so aren't chasing. On this point, how on earth have they calculated the 29 months that was quoted during 2015

We are waiting until our last email passes the 28 day response time and then we're going to start pestering again, anyone have suggestions on how to do it? Do we try and log an official complaint, write a letter, try to go higher (email/tweet) minister for Immigration, not sure how extreme we should be...

Thanks
Matt & Melissa
that is crazy frustrating. i agree with you about the theory of pushing through new applications quickly and leaving older applications on the backburner - i speculated back when 2015 applicants were getting through in a matter of months that LVO was attempting to bring down the 'average processing time'. i have to admit it was beneficial for me, but you're a perfect example of why it isn't fair. CIC needs a reminder that they have people's entire lives in their hands. the unfortunate part of it is that you have not passed the reported average processing time, even though everyone on this board is aware that straightforward applications (like yours seems to be) are not taking nearly that long through LVO - but CIC has that as a fallback excuse if you try to go up the ladder for answers. i think a social outcry would be more helpful for you - social media or even going to the newspapers. make sure to explain that, although the posted processing time was 29 months, anecdotal evidence is incredibly different.

as for the response from the MP's assistant that CIC isn't responding to you because you sent too many emails? that doesn't make sense - why didn't they respond on the first or second email? and how childish of a response would that be, "gee, this person emailed me 6 times over the last 14 days to find out what is happening with the application that is keeping them from the person they love, keeping them from moving forward with their life, and that they spent a ton of money on.. and instead of responding to them to reassure them of what is happening with that application, i'm not going to work on it at all. that will teach them for pestering me!" really? that's what the MP's assistant thinks happened?

gah, i'm so sorry this is happening to you - i can't imagine how hard this is for you two.

jb1989

Oct 13, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
02-12-2014
Passport Req..
DM 03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-03-2016
LANDED..........
02-04-2016 PR CARD ARRIVED: 27-05-2016
My medical results are listed as being received... Finally.
After sending my emedical 4 times and paying for a proof of submission from the medical office.

I guess now I just wait.. Even more. My last notes showed medicals as the only remaining category to finalize so hopefully the end is near!

Chachacha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
Pre Application
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2016
sausageboyuk said:
I waited for 6 weeks with nothing and no reply to any message so I emailed the LVO Operations Manager and I got a reply straight away and it was sent out the next day.
Do you have operations manager email? I'm 11 weeks now with no COPR

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Shadowsun said:
Hello,

My husband and I are currently in the process of applying for his PR within Canada. He's a British citizen. We were wondering how long the applications have been taking on average from start to finish. Start being when we send off our completed application to Mississauga (sponsor & sponsored) and finish being when we received the OK for him to come over as a PR.

Would you suggest we consult with an immigration lawyer? Are they generally helpful with this process?

Thanks so much. :)
All of this answered in the FAQ linked in my signature. Unless you have a complicated case you don't need a lawyer, just a bit of sweat equity and patience to work through the application.

Barrie Bound said:
Hi all

Thanks
Matt & Melissa
Email again through both the email address and the web link with URGENT in the subject line. If that doesn't work then you can try contacting the immigration minister's office directly, including details about how your MP has not been helpful. A few people have also had success by contacting an MP in a neighbouring riding, but that could be hit or miss. Might also be worth ordering your case notes.

Best of luck.

jb1989 said:
My medical results are listed as being received... Finally.
After sending my emedical 4 times and paying for a proof of submission from the medical office.

I guess now I just wait.. Even more. My last notes showed medicals as the only remaining category to finalize so hopefully the end is near!
Finally! :) Spreadsheet updated.

Beckyh said:
How do i order my notes? Does ordering notes cause any delays with applications?

Becky
Barrie Bound provided you the link, and I've just updated the FAQ to include a section about notes.

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016
Can someone please update the spreadsheet.i got the SA on 25th Feb. :) in 56 days

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
F.M said:
Can someone please update the spreadsheet.i got the SA on 25th Feb. :) in 56 days
Nice, that's the last 2015 application to get SA! I assume your file went to London (and not Ottawa)?

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Nice, that's the last 2015 application to get SA! I assume your file went to London (and not Ottawa)?
yes the file is transferred to LOndon.

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016
SchnookoLoly said:
Thank u for updating the spreadsheet. :)

tomzilla

Feb 26, 2016
Hey guys I'm confused about how to submit our applications. We currently live in the UK, do we mail the package to Mississauga and they'll forward it to London or do we submit it to London? ???

snowy2015

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-15
Passport Req..
23-09-16
tomzilla said:
Hey guys I'm confused about how to submit our applications. We currently live in the UK, do we mail the package to Mississauga and they'll forward it to London or do we submit it to London? ???
Mississauga first