+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

ftgpmb

Aug 30, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-10-2010
File Transfer...
18-11-2010
Passport Req..
04-02-2011
LANDED..........
16-04-2011
US Ploice Clearance certificates - anyone had to get one?

About to send my application off to the FBI, fingerprints and all, but wondered about return postage. I've just checked the "1st class mail" box and enclosed the credit card form for payment.... but will this work for international? anyone had one returned to them in the UK from the US?

fenna1

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2010
File Transfer...
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
20-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
ftgpmb said:
US Ploice Clearance certificates - anyone had to get one?

About to send my application off to the FBI, fingerprints and all, but wondered about return postage. I've just checked the "1st class mail" box and enclosed the credit card form for payment.... but will this work for international? anyone had one returned to them in the UK from the US?
Hi,
I assume you had lived in the US for a time? I have not had to get one

ftgpmb

Aug 30, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-10-2010
File Transfer...
18-11-2010
Passport Req..
04-02-2011
LANDED..........
16-04-2011
yes, we lived in the US for a few years, so need one. Am planning on submitting the application with just the UK clearance certificate (which I already have) and following with the US one when it comes.

fenna1

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2010
File Transfer...
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
20-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
I can't take much more of this anxiety.

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Hey fenna1...

Anxiety is what I've been experiencing for the last 10 months. The worst of have been the last few days. This process is really taking its toll on us now. It's been exactly two months after my husband's interview and no PPR yet!!!!! My husband was approved at the interview and were told our application was straightforward and our relationship is genuine. I'm praying SOOOOOOOOOOO much to have this over with.

Don't worry, we are all here with you and I know exactly what it feels like. It's hard and going through it will just test your relationship and make it stronger.

Best of luck :)

fenna1

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2010
File Transfer...
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
20-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
nncs said:
Hey fenna1...

Anxiety is what I've been experiencing for the last 10 months. The worst of have been the last few days. This process is really taking its toll on us now. It's been exactly two months after my husband's interview and no PPR yet!!!!! My husband was approved at the interview and were told our application was straightforward and our relationship is genuine. I'm praying SOOOOOOOOOOO much to have this over with.

Don't worry, we are all here with you and I know exactly what it feels like. It's hard and going through it will just test your relationship and make it stronger.

Best of luck :)
Thanks for the reply, I know its only been 3 weeks since the file was forwarded to London, but the waiting is a nightmare. I feel selfish for feeling like we're waiting for ages, when there are people waiting for months on end, and we are very fortunate as we live together.

I hope you get your PPR soon... :D

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Hi everyone!

This process is killing me! My husband got approved August4th and now our application is in London. I still cannot see any news in ecas, it just says; Not available, is this weird or not? I have not got any other number to log in with other than a Client#, shouldn't you recieve some more information? And I can only log in with my husbands info not mine.

Also, has anyone ever called and talked to a real person in London? I wish I could talk with someone there!

Another thing is that I recenty got my FBI information, can I send this to London now or should I hold on to it until they ask for it?

Hope someone has some answers
thank you and good luck to everyone!

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
ftgpmb said:
yes, we lived in the US for a few years, so need one. Am planning on submitting the application with just the UK clearance certificate (which I already have) and following with the US one when it comes.
Hi ftgpmb just to let you know that I was advised not to submit the application without all police clearance certificates. I had my whole application ready to go except for my Australian police certificate which took an additional 6 weeks to arrive. I was told that once London has the application, all they will do is send out a letter asking for the additional police certificate and then put your application on hold for up to three months, whether you send the police clearance immediately or not.

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
I also sent my application without my police record from USA, since I lived there for a while I had to get one, but it took forever for it to arrive so therefore I just sent my application in anyway. So now, since I finally have it, I don't know if I should send the police record to London or just wait....... ::)

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
waiting4Canada said:
I also sent my application without my police record from USA, since I lived there for a while I had to get one, but it took forever for it to arrive so therefore I just sent my application in anyway. So now, since I finally have it, I don't know if I should send the police record to London or just wait....... ::)
Yeah that was the problem I was told about if you don't send all the documents off together and send it without all the Police Clearances. Apparently, you now need to wait until they send you your letter of confirmation that includes the barcode stickers in it and send off the additional information with the barcodes on the outside of the envelopes so that they all match up when they get to the Embassy.

From what I was told, sometimes they don't always send the confirmation straight away, and you may need to wait until they request the missing police record and when they send you through the letter requesting it they will give you a three month window to send it in, and they then don't look at your application again until after those additional three months have passed, even if you send in the police certificate the next day.

I know this all sounds awful, and it was really hard for me to have everything sitting here ready to go and waiting the extra 6 weeks for my Australian Police Certificate, but all you can do is wait for the letter with the barcode stickers in, or your police certificate may not get to your file, then that would be a double waste.

You could always cross your fingers that they don't wait the whole 3 months, and this might be completely wrong, but so many people gave me this advice, I had no option but to take it.

Good luck to you.

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Thank you for your reply Mandi!
Man that sucks big time!!!! I am getting crazy! Hmm, maybe I have to go and take my fingerprints again if it expires before and send it in again to the FBI so I have a newer copy too......God forbid if I commit a crime during these 3 months......jizes! ???

Good luck to you!!!

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Don't wait for London. Send it to them.
My husband was in the same problem. One of his police clearances took WAY too long to get and it was holding up the sending of his application. We mailed the sent the application January 2010 and later mailed his police certificate in May 2010. There were no problems at all. When he had his interview in August 2010, the IO mentioned that they received it in May and that everything was good.

waiting4Canada said:

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
nncs said:
Don't wait for London. Send it to them.
My husband was in the same problem. One of his police clearances took WAY too long to get and it was holding up the sending of his application. We mailed the sent the application January 2010 and later mailed his police certificate in May 2010. There were no problems at all. When he had his interview in August 2010, the IO mentioned that they received it in May and that everything was good.
I think the big thing is to be careful, especially as these police clearances are hard to get hold of anyway and then if it doesn't match up to the file, it takes even longer.

I'm so glad it all worked out for you nncs, but to be honest I'm hoping my whole process will take a shorter time than from the time you sent in the original application to the time you sent in the missing police certificate. I'm trying to streamline the process as much as possible, and just don't want to have anything hold it up at all.

rrdiggy76

Star Member
Apr 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
Just an update;

Other than landing, we are done. I collected my passport and COPR from CHC-London thursday. My wife returns to Canada next week, i will be joining her as soon as i have sold my house.

Good luck for all current and future applicants and thanks to all the advice and questions answered here!

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
rrdiggy76 said:
Just an update;

Other than landing, we are done. I collected my passport and COPR from CHC-London thursday. My wife returns to Canada next week, i will be joining her as soon as i have sold my house.

Good luck for all current and future applicants and thanks to all the advice and questions answered here!
Congratulations, I am so pleased for you. I hope everything goes well with the selling of your house and your new life in Canada with your wife.

Its what we're all wanting after all.