+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

petewilson201

Mar 5, 2015
Hi taffy and others,

It is an arduous process but stay positive.

I'm in a similar (though not as bad) situation having applied last July, it's being processed in Ottawa fortunately but has been "in process" for 2 months now.

Anyway we are now considering moving to Canada as my notice period at work is nearly here, there we will apply for a within Canada application as you can get a work permit within 4 months if you do this which at least gives a worst case scenario. Have you considered it?

Does anyone know if you are allowed to do this and what the implications may be on my current outside Canada application?

Thanks

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
petewilson201 said:
Hi taffy and others,

It is an arduous process but stay positive.

I'm in a similar (though not as bad) situation having applied last July, it's being processed in Ottawa fortunately but has been "in process" for 2 months now.

Anyway we are now considering moving to Canada as my notice period at work is nearly here, there we will apply for a within Canada application as you can get a work permit within 4 months if you do this which at least gives a worst case scenario. Have you considered it?

Does anyone know if you are allowed to do this and what the implications may be on my current outside Canada application?

Thanks
You are so close to done. Are you going to withdraw and then apply inland?

petewilson201

Mar 5, 2015
Hi warzo,

We're trying to find out if there's a way of doing both as the wait has already caused a job to fall through but I worry there isn't as the two are mutually exclusive, either I live in or out of Canada so can't apply for both simultaneously. Do you think that is the case?

I do not want to give up on outside application as it does feel like we've come so far but the uncertainty is dreadful!

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
petewilson201 said:
Hi warzo,

We're trying to find out if there's a way of doing both as the wait has already caused a job to fall through but I worry there isn't as the two are mutually exclusive, either I live in or out of Canada so can't apply for both simultaneously. Do you think that is the case?

I do not want to give up on outside application as it does feel like we've come so far but the uncertainty is dreadful!
Hmm..... I've been hanging around here a while, and I've never see this asked before. The conversation is always about withdrawing and re-applying. This leads me to believe it isn't possible to run two applications in parallel. Not a definitive answer though.

Definitely don't give up on your current application especially if it's in Ottawa.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
petewilson201 said:
Hi warzo,

I have only heard of ppl withdrawing from inland to apply to outland. I don't think you can have two applications up and running simultaneously. You are so close to being done. By withdrawing and reapplying, you will be gathering all documents again, receiving the AOR can take upto 2 months, work permit another 4 months. So you are going to be waiting at least 6 more months if not more. Your status is changed to "in process" which means they are currently working on your application and a decision could be made in the couple of months.

I personally think it would be a very bad idea.

petewilson201

Mar 5, 2015
Thanks for the message and advice. It's always good to get someone's else's view on these things and I would be very surprised if we did leave the outland application, it was just if we could do it simultaneously. But as you say I doubt that's an option so our hands are tied.

Thanks again for your support, good luck everyone...

danniejean

Aug 19, 2014
Bristol, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
petewilson201 said:
Thanks for the message and advice. It's always good to get someone's else's view on these things and I would be very surprised if we did leave the outland application, it was just if we could do it simultaneously. But as you say I doubt that's an option so our hands are tied.

Thanks again for your support, good luck everyone...
It may not be relevant in your situation but I though I might mention it just in case! You could enter Canada and possibly work on a working holiday visa while you wait for your Outland application to process. You do however need to be under 35 years of age.

**Correction/disclaimer - the rules, including age limit and number of visas available yearly depend on what country you are from. There is an unlimited number available for Australians but a limited number for British citizens. Visa's are still available for a number of countries at this time of year and many others have waiting lists.**

We are waiting on my partner's PR through Ottawa (application received September 2nd) and we have flights booked to Canada for the end of July (as both our UK visas expire). It's looking more and more like we won't have DM and COPR by then (although maybe a miracle will occur, I can always hope!).

He will therefore enter as a visitor under 'dual intent' with a refundable onward ticket to Australia. We will then apply for a working holiday visa and he can look for a job while we wait for that to process. The turn around time is 8 weeks or less for the visa and it only costs $250. I'm still in the process of double checking that he can do that particular application while in Canada but as far as I can tell it seems possible.

rays17026

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
(To give you a better sense of the expected processing time for new Family Class applications received in London, we are currently putting into active processing the applications received in London from July to September 2014.

We hope this is of assistance.)

Someone got a reply back from LVO and was poated on the other thread and it seems like they are now working on July to September 2014 files. Are these the dates when the complete file was transferred to LVO or when the complete file was received in CPC-M.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
rays17026 said:
(To give you a better sense of the expected processing time for new Family Class applications received in London, we are currently putting into active processing the applications received in London from July to September 2014.

We hope this is of assistance.)

Someone got a reply back from LVO and was poated on the other thread and it seems like they are now working on July to September 2014 files. Are these the dates when the complete file was transferred to LVO or when the complete file was received in CPC-M.

When the files were sent to London.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Work has blocked me from posting on here, and posting from my phone is a pain but I can still post on British Expats just fine so I'm more active there these days... But I'm on my phone specifically to respond to this:

danniejean said:
It may not be relevant in your situation but I though I might mention it just in case! You could enter Canada and possibly work on a working holiday visa while you wait for your Outland application to process. You do however need to be under 35 years of age.

We are waiting on my partner's PR through Ottawa (application received September 2nd) and we have flights booked to Canada for the end of July (as both our UK visas expire). It's looking more and more like we won't have DM and COPR by then (although maybe a miracle will occur, I can always hope!).

He will therefore enter as a visitor under 'dual intent' with a refundable onward ticket to Australia. We will then apply for a working holiday visa and he can look for a job while we wait for that to process. The turn around time is 8 weeks or less for the visa and it only costs $250. I'm still in the process of double checking that he can do that particular application while in Canada but as far as I can tell it seems possible.
Incorrect x100. First, the IEC program for British applicants maxes out at age 30. Second, the program for Brits is incredibly competitive. This year there were only 5000 spots available which were offered in two rounds of 2500. Round 1 was gone in 12 minutes. Round 2 was gone in TWO minutes. It's insanely difficult for Brits to get lucky and to get one of those visas. The process is very very different for Australian applicants, so please ensure you have your facts straight before suggesting things like this. :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
To petewilson: do not withdraw. Just stick it out. I don't think you can have two family class applications going at once... And in your case with your timeline it's just careless and not really worthwhile. Stick it out.

IntoAnother

Apr 2, 2015
I just got my first set of notes back today, how do you decipher these?
Everything unfortunately looks to be "not started" and there is a real mix of Mississauga and Ottawa
in terms of processing offices.
(application submitted in October)

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
taffy7 said:
When the files were sent to London.
This is what one of the person posted on BE (response they got from LVO):
"Please be advised that your application has not entered active processing but is expected to soon. We are currently putting into active processing, applications received in CPC-Mississauga in September 2014. Your application was received in CPC-Mississauga on October 22nd, 2014, therefore is nearing the active processing stage. Our aim is to finalise files that have entered active processing within 8-12 months."

so it seems it's the time when it was received in CPC-Mississauga rather than London

kks1234

Oct 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
sam_1985 said:
This is what one of the person posted on BE (response they got from LVO):
"Please be advised that your application has not entered active processing but is expected to soon. We are currently putting into active processing, applications received in CPC-Mississauga in September 2014. Your application was received in CPC-Mississauga on October 22nd, 2014, therefore is nearing the active processing stage. Our aim is to finalise files that have entered active processing within 8-12 months."

so it seems it's the time when it was received in CPC-Mississauga rather than London
This may be a really stupid question but does that mean once they start processing your file in London they can take 8-12 months after that to finish it or 8-12 months total from when it was first received in Mississauga?

Just trying to work out if we should be assuming a possible another 12 months wait as an Aug 14 application?