+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
coelho said:
Quick question as I checked our status update I've just noticed it says 'Application Received' rather an 'IN PROCESS' does this mean the same thing? I don't want to be paranoid but also don't want to risk waiting if this means London isn't working on our application. Under Sponsorship Application it says ' Decision Made' but then under Permanent Residence Application it says 'Application Received' but I think this may refer to received in Canada, hope I'm wrong.
My application says 'Application received July 2014' and has done since August 2014. Sometimes they do not update ECAS even when they are actively working on your file. Recent emails from the LVO suggest they are processing applications received last year up to September 2014.

'In process' is the status your file moves into AFTER 'Application Received'. Not sure what you mean by you 'don't want to risk waiting?'

Yes, 'Application received' under Permanent Residence Application, refers to when the application was received by CPC Mississauga

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
coelho said:
Quick question as I checked our status update I've just noticed it says 'Application Received' rather an 'IN PROCESS' does this mean the same thing? I don't want to be paranoid but also don't want to risk waiting if this means London isn't working on our application. Under Sponsorship Application it says ' Decision Made' but then under Permanent Residence Application it says 'Application Received' but I think this may refer to received in Canada, hope I'm wrong.

My application says the same thing .. Application received June 10th 2014 Medicals received. London will work on your application you just won't now about it . Yes applications are taking over a year at this point. Time is counted from when London receives the file not from Sponsorship.

coelho

Jun 5, 2015
taffy7 said:
My application says the same thing .. Application received June 10th 2014 Medicals received. London will work on your application you just won't now about it . Yes applications are taking over a year at this point. Time is counted from when London receives the file not from Sponsorship.
Thank you for your response.

coelho

Jun 5, 2015
taffy7 said:
Good to know. I just heard of someone receiving their PR from an April application this year but the application stayed in Mississauga. So frustrating. I wish there was something we could do but I know there isn't. It's just such an unjust process when the same type of application gets processed at such radically different timings.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
coelho said:
Good to know. I just heard of someone receiving their PR from an April application this year but the application stayed in Mississauga. So frustrating. I wish there was something we could do but I know there isn't. It's just such an unjust process when the same type of application gets processed and such radically different timings.

LOL don't even go there . I'm pis*ed off enough with this process. :)

coelho

Jun 5, 2015
princesstigger said:
My application says 'Application received July 2014' and has done since August 2014. Sometimes they do not update ECAS even when they are actively working on your file. Recent emails from the LVO suggest they are processing applications received last year up to September 2014.

'In process' is the status your file moves into AFTER 'Application Received'. Not sure what you mean by you 'don't want to risk waiting?'

Yes, 'Application received' under Permanent Residence Application, refers to when the application was received by CPC Mississauga
Thanks for your reply. I just meant I didn't want to risk waiting if it wasn't being worked on and there was something else I needed to do. Good to know they do not update the ECAS even with working on it. Looks like all there is to do is wait.

midnighter92

Feb 4, 2014
MrExpat said:
Hi ALL

A Quick Question Please.

I didn't do an Upfront Medical Exam, and have now been asked in SA Approval email to do it and submit directly to London Visa Office.

Does anyone know their mailing address? Is this the one?

High Commission of Canada
Canada House,
Trafalgar Square,
London
SW1Y 5BJ

Regards
My application has been sent to London and I also need to send some documents to them. I would also like to know the mailing address as I can't seem to find it online.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
coelho said:
Thanks for your reply. I just meant I didn't want to risk waiting if it wasn't being worked on and there was something else I needed to do. Good to know they do not update the ECAS even with working on it. Looks like all there is to do is wait.
Yup, It's a lottery! I have the same feeling, I have heard nothing since SA so you worry that they want something else and you didn't get asked!

Apparently it depends on the agent with the ECAS update, I understand it can sometimes be quite behind what is actually going on with your application. That's what I'm hoping with mine and Taffy7 and the others from May/June/July 2014 anyway.

Like you say, it's frustrating when there seems to be no reason why some get processed in a few months, while others like Mec had to wait 15 months! All we can do is wait, and try not to check ECAS everyday..... good luck with that!! ;)

MrExpat

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
midnighter92 said:
My application has been sent to London and I also need to send some documents to them. I would also like to know the mailing address as I can't seem to find it online.

Will Somebody Help Us With This Please?

Postal Address For London Visa Office?

As we need to post some documents to them..! :'(

This is all we could find online:

Canada House,
Trafalgar Square,
London
SW1Y 5BJ

Is this the one? London Visa Office?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
MrExpat said:

Will Somebody Help Us With This Please?

Postal Address For London Visa Office?

As we need to post some documents to them..! :'(

This is all we could find online:

Canada House,
Trafalgar Square,
London
SW1Y 5BJ

Is this the one? London Visa Office?

yes ...

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
MrExpat said:
Hi ALL

A Quick Question Please.

I didn't do an Upfront Medical Exam, and have now been asked in SA Approval email to do it and submit directly to London Visa Office.

Does anyone know their mailing address? Is this the one?

Canada House,
Trafalgar Square,
London
SW1Y 5BJ

Regards
The letter should say how to send them proof of your medical. Normally you can send them an email with the medical info sheet attached.

MrExpat

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
andrew-brit said:
The letter should say how to send them proof of your medical. Normally you can send them an email with the medical info sheet attached.
Thanks andrew-brit. Well the letter just says to forward the results to LVO. I think I would rather send email with attachment as well as post with hard copy, whichever they bother to open earlier might do :)

coelho

Jun 5, 2015
princesstigger said:
Yup, It's a lottery! I have the same feeling, I have heard nothing since SA so you worry that they want something else and you didn't get asked!

Apparently it depends on the agent with the ECAS update, I understand it can sometimes be quite behind what is actually going on with your application. That's what I'm hoping with mine and Taffy7 and the others from May/June/July 2014 anyway.

Like you say, it's frustrating when there seems to be no reason why some get processed in a few months, while others like Mec had to wait 15 months! All we can do is wait, and try not to check ECAS everyday..... good luck with that!! ;)
Funny you say that, I decided today I'm only allowed to check it once a week :)