+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

ErinH

Jun 13, 2015
Brit-in-Alberta said:
Thank you for your advise. It's the comments that other applicants are getting from their MPs that are worrying me so much. I can't imagine getting to a year and then being told that it could be over one more year.. then I really would be kicking myself for doing outland.

I have a feeling that applications are no longer being held in Mississauga. I am on a few facebook groups as well as this forum and so far all of the most recent SA's have gone to London. I am not holding out any hope that my application stays inside Canada if I apply outland. The positive to this is that perhaps it means that London no longer needs help and are clearing their backlog.... but it could also just mean that Mississauga no longer has the staff to help out or they have other application commitments.
Hi Brit-in-Alberta.

Hang in there! I noticed you stated you were on a few facebook groups. We are hopefully coming up to the halfway point (I might be a little bit optimistic) but it is really difficult and my partner is remaining in the UK so he can work! I would be interested in joining a facebook group...is there anyway you could point me in the right direction as I did a search and couldn't find any.

thanks
ErinH

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
ErinH said:
Hi Brit-in-Alberta.

Hang in there! I noticed you stated you were on a few facebook groups. We are hopefully coming up to the halfway point (I might be a little bit optimistic) but it is really difficult and my partner is remaining in the UK so he can work! I would be interested in joining a facebook group...is there anyway you could point me in the right direction as I did a search and couldn't find any.

thanks
ErinH
Sure no problem! I know of two, both were made by people who applied for IEC at the same time as me and then went on to apply for PR

Search

Applying for PR Common-Law/Spousal Canada

https://www.facebook.com/groups/306350269425282/

and

IEC > PR Family Sponsorship

https://www.facebook.com/events/upcoming?action_history=null

The first one is more popular than the second but both are posted on daily.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Brit-in-Alberta said:
Thank you. The possibility of living without health coverage up to a year or just over is un nerving.

For those who are currently on visitor status, what kind of coverage do you have? Travel insurance?

I need to make a decision on the Outland vs Inland today incase I need to do new forms. It's a big decision. I'm very sorry for asking so many questions.
I believe Alberta Health also covers those who have entered into a formal "Adult Interdependent Relationship", with a written agreement.

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
I believe Alberta Health also covers those who have entered into a formal "Adult Interdependent Relationship", with a written agreement.
I saw that on the AB website. Do you think that's the same as a statutory declaration?

WidnesPR

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2014
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015
Med's Done....
upfront ~ extended
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015
Hi Brit in Alberta

My common law is here on a visitor visa and he was able to get healthcare with the sponsor approval. It took some time and calls at the registry but he is now covered until his visitor stamp expires based on my Alberta Health care.

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
WidnesPR said:
Hi Brit in Alberta

My common law is here on a visitor visa and he was able to get healthcare with the sponsor approval. It took some time and calls at the registry but he is now covered until his visitor stamp expires based on my Alberta Health care.
That's great! Thank you for telling me. It's nice to hear something positive about this situation =)

mrsb2014

Jan 14, 2015
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London :'(
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Originally Jan 20 2015 (included wrong checklist) resent Mar 27 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 9th - RCMP CHECK & RPRF requested
AOR Received.
Apr 28 2015
File Transfer...
May 15 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 23 2014
I've got Alberta Health Care and my full benefits through my hubby's company. Being married makes that a lot easier but I still had issues with my (small town) Registry not listening to me and not knowing the rules.

If you are eligible as common-law or you are a spouse a couple of facts I learnt the hard way:-

1. A passport stamp is enough proof of legal entitlement in Canada. I found this out after waiting 2 months for a Visitor Record.

2. Being added to your spouse / partner's account is enough proof of Alberta residency. You don't need a utility bill etc.

Also for AB spouses, we are entitled to a AB Driving Licence. I am currently in a battle with CIC to resend the Sponsor Approval email we never received so i can get my driving licence. When i spoke to the Vehicle/Licencing callcentre they said I just need some proof that my application is in process and I am ELIGIBLE TO APPLY for PR, plus my visitor record and marriage cert. Hence why I'm waiting for the sponsor approval letter, although the AOR would probably work... hmm... will try that...

Hope these tips help someone :)

mrsb2014

Jan 14, 2015
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London :'(
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Originally Jan 20 2015 (included wrong checklist) resent Mar 27 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 9th - RCMP CHECK & RPRF requested
AOR Received.
Apr 28 2015
File Transfer...
May 15 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 23 2014
Please update spreadsheet

AOR - Apr 28
SA - May 15
LONDON :( :( :( :(

SA email not received, told over phone.

Thanks ;D

MrExpat

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2015
File Transfer...
12-06-2015
Got Correspondence Email and Visa Office: LONDON :-X

Can somebody add me to London Spread Sheet Please?

Application Received in Mississauga: 20-04-2015

Relationship: Married

Sponsor Approval: 12-06-2015

Location? Applicant: London, UK. Sponsor: Edmonton, Alberta, CA.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
mrsb2014 said:
I've got Alberta Health Care and my full benefits through my hubby's company. Being married makes that a lot easier but I still had issues with my (small town) Registry not listening to me and not knowing the rules.

If you are eligible as common-law or you are a spouse a couple of facts I learnt the hard way:-

1. A passport stamp is enough proof of legal entitlement in Canada. I found this out after waiting 2 months for a Visitor Record.

2. Being added to your spouse / partner's account is enough proof of Alberta residency. You don't need a utility bill etc.

Also for AB spouses, we are entitled to a AB Driving Licence. I am currently in a battle with CIC to resend the Sponsor Approval email we never received so i can get my driving licence. When i spoke to the Vehicle/Licencing callcentre they said I just need some proof that my application is in process and I am ELIGIBLE TO APPLY for PR, plus my visitor record and marriage cert. Hence why I'm waiting for the sponsor approval letter, although the AOR would probably work... hmm... will try that...

Hope these tips help someone :)
Take a screen shot of your application status online?

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
Hey everyone! sorry one more question.

As I will be going through this whole process on a tourist visa.

If any time during I am denied a renewal ... does this break common law? Would the outland app be canceled?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
No .. you have sent off the application . If you have to go back to the U.K.it will be just fine.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
There's a question in the faq about being common law then living apart.

Petitepoutine

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014; 16-03-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-07-2015
Brit-in-Alberta said:
I know not working for a year or more will be stressful. Not being able to just buy something I want when I want it etc. I have always worked so Its going to be very weird. My partner is the kind of guy that can handle these things as long as I'm not moping around and talking about how much it sucks all day long... so I am going to have to be optimistic and be as happy as possible.
I've had to be in the UK as a visitor for a few months before my British spouse visa was approved and can relate. Of course, not working and not feeling financially independent suck. But, remember (if it's a matter of not being bored out of your mind) that you're allowed to volunteer (as long as it's a real volunteering position, not an "unpaid job"). I also used my time to learn a third language. Why not learn French since you're going to Canada? You'll already be a better candidate than most English-speaking Canadians straight away when you can finally apply for a job ;)