+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
mtempest said:
Sent my ppr docs back from Toronto to London on 10th April. Couldn't send them to Ottawa with my actual passport as I'm going home for a week in a month, and it said if you're planning to be in Canada for min 3 months send to Ottawa.

Made a (in retrospect) schoolboy error in not paying $25 more for signed delivery/ registered mail, as frankly I'm a visitor on a serious budget and registered wouldn't grrr it there faster. Still no excuse mind. Just now I'm bricking it that its been lost in the mail/ undelivered. They said not to contact them within 8 weeks, but its 30 days to return the forms from when I got the ppr letter.

Considering sending a second package, recorded this time obviously, just to make sure it arrives within the 30 days, but that would surely only muddy the waters if they have received my paperwork as intended.
I'd just drop London an email saying you've sent the package but did not send it signed, then at least you have a record of having sent it. I think a second package would muddy things up... Curious to know what others think.

PhdStream - warzo's answer above is spot on. Just means that the sponsor process has started, nothing for the sponsored person yet.

Aniabella said:
COPR arrived today!!!!!! WOOHOO!!! Exactly 15 months passed today from when the package arrive in Mississauga and now I finally got my COPR!

Nice enough they also extended my medicals until March 2016, so I sure got time to land! I was supposed to land in June, but in light of this we are considering to get me new flight tickets sooner! :D
Congrats, glad it's finally done and dusted! There are some wiki articles on BritishExpats about landing and goods to follow and such, have a read of those as well so you can be prepared for your landing process! :)

superkev said:
Hello guys so i have 3 months left on my IEC visa. My GF is sponsoring myself to stay. I'm wondering weather to apply inland or outland? i know inland is a lot longer but ill get an open work permit which means i can carry on working. Any advice will be greatly appreciated
No one can tell you whether inland or outland is better for you. Have a read of this - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada#Where_to_apply and then decide for yourself how the pros and cons weigh up against your individual circumstances. Also read the FAQ linked in my signature.

I will, hwoever, add that probably 95% of Brits choose to apply outland.

PatienceIsAVirtue said:
Most of the London doctors appear to be from the same office (Knightsbridge Doctors). We tried the same office and they were adement that they have to wait for a formal request.

I appreciate that the upfront medical may save time (in hindsight we should have done it in advance) but the CIC website is clear that the medical is the one aspect of the application which can be submitted later. Hopefully it will not impact the application.
Uh, CIC is NOT clear on that, they have the medical n the checklist, not supplying it means you risk your application being returned for being incomplete. Also, we had our medicals done at that doctor's office, you can certainly do it up front. And about 99% of people have done their medicals up front. So don't let up on it.

Petitepoutine

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014; 16-03-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-07-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Uh, CIC is NOT clear on that, they have the medical n the checklist, not supplying it means you risk your application being returned for being incomplete. Also, we had our medicals done at that doctor's office, you can certainly do it up front. And about 99% of people have done their medicals up front. So don't let up on it.
My husband had his medical done there an they had no problem whatsoever doing it upfront... Are you positive you have the right number? They seem to have two different websites depending on the kind of medical. We used the info on this page:

http://www.visamedicals.info/

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
warzo said:
It's at the AOR/SA stage. Your part of the application is being reviewed and processed not your wife. :)
SchnookoLoly said:
PhdStream - warzo's answer above is spot on. Just means that the sponsor process has started, nothing for the sponsored person yet.
Thanks for the reply. Thats what I thought.

In my wife's ecas there is no home address and her mailing address is same as mine, though she lives in the UK and we put her UK's address in the application. Is it normal?

In anycase, I am not going contact them regarding this until SA.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
PhdStream said:
Thanks for the reply. Thats what I thought.

In my wife's ecas there is no home address and her mailing address is same as mine, though she lives in the UK and we put her UK's address in the application. Is it normal?

In anycase, I am not going contact them regarding this until SA.
Yeah wait until SA and see what happens. Could go either way, really. You can always drop them an email after SA and just let them know of the address thing. ECAS is known to not be that accurate with addresses.

mtempest

Apr 10, 2014
Thanks SchnookoLoly, I've emailed them this morning. They give 28 working days for a reply, so I can't expect much, but worth the effort if someone happens to see it.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
Aniabella said:
COPR arrived today!!!!!! WOOHOO!!! Exactly 15 months passed today from when the package arrive in Mississauga and now I finally got my COPR!

Nice enough they also extended my medicals until March 2016, so I sure got time to land! I was supposed to land in June, but in light of this we are considering to get me new flight tickets sooner! :D
Congratulations!!!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
superkev said:
IMM5409 I'm confused filling this form in. Do I have to fill this form in? I'm from England and GF was born in Canada.

yes you do ... That is one important form .. fill it in.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
yes .. the form you are asking about is one of the most important form.. without looking at my file isn't this the forms that's askes you how you met, did you have an engagement, did you have a wedding ceremony...

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
superkev said:
Thanks Taffey do u have to fill in every form?? Even if you don't have somebody representing you??

You don't have to fill in question 6 in Appendix A but you can put your partner down as the representative and it will make things easier if she as the sponsor wants to receive information on your part of the application.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
superkev said:
Thanks Taffey do u have to fill in every form?? Even if you don't have somebody representing you??
Please have this open as you go through the forms - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - you will find it immensely helpful. It includes details of which forms have to and do not have to be included, and how to go about the ones that aren't required for inclusion. Have that open as you go through the forms. It's laid out form-by-form with common questions on each form.

mmartin88

Feb 5, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Requested CSQs received: 05/03/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 (Wrongly registered INLAND application). NEW OUTLAND AOR: 08/02/2015
File Transfer...
25/02/2015 (retained in Mississagua)
Med's Done....
September/October 2014
Passport Req..
10/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received: 24/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/05/2015
mtempest said:
Sent my ppr docs back from Toronto to London on 10th April. Couldn't send them to Ottawa with my actual passport as I'm going home for a week in a month, and it said if you're planning to be in Canada for min 3 months send to Ottawa.
As a British National (which I assume you are?) I thought only COPIES of passports were requested even if you send them to Ottawa?

B) Submitting photocopies of your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O):
If you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and
plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit photocopies of your passport(s)
to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send the passport
photocopies together along with a copy of this correspondence by mail or courier to the
following address.

Petitepoutine

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014; 16-03-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-07-2015
So, about three weeks after submitting the additional documents requested, we received another email from Ottawa tonight, saying they are ready to issue my husband's visa!!

This time, they're asking for two recent photographs, the "Updated Information Chart" (sent as an Appendix to the email) and a copy of the photo and personal informations pages of passport.

The "Updated Info Chart" just asks for name, passport number & expiry, height, eye colour and native language for the principal applicant, the spouse and any accompanying children (we have none).

Am I right thinking that, as the Canadian Sponsor, I shouldn't fill the section about the spouse?

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Petitepoutine said:
So, about three weeks after submitting the additional documents requested, we received another email from Ottawa tonight, saying they are ready to issue my husband's visa!!

This time, they're asking for two recent photographs, the "Updated Information Chart" (sent as an Appendix to the email) and a copy of the photo and personal informations pages of passport.

The "Updated Info Chart" just asks for name, passport number & expiry, height, eye colour and native language for the principal applicant, the spouse and any accompanying children (we have none).

Am I right thinking that, as the Canadian Sponsor, I shouldn't fill the section about the spouse?
Looks like they were on a roll today as we got the same email!!!