+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
misslissa said:
Hi everyone!

Exciting day for us today - finally get to ask to be added to the spreadsheet! :)

Application received in Mississauga: April 21, 2015
Visa Exempt
Meds done 28 March.
Police Check 10 April.
PA is British Citizen.

Thanks for all the help on the board; couldn't have applied without it!

Melissa
Welcome!!!

CDG-RPAJ

Apr 15, 2015
Hey there andrew-brit,

I'm not sure if you saw the note I left you a few days ago, but I thought I'd re-post it just in case you missed it. I had seen you had added some other users to the spreadsheet since I posted this info, so that's what made me think you missed this additional info. Sorry if I made a mistake. Thanks so much!

CDG-RPAJ said:
For sure, andrew-brit! I'm not sure if I'm the applicant (I'm the Canadian one) or if my British partner is. Anyway, we applied from Edmonton, where we lived together for a year, but when his work visa ran out (we had thought he could stay and work under "implied status," but only found out after we had applied that (a) that doesn't apply for outland visas, and (b) he wouldn't have been eligible anyway because his working visa was a working holiday visa, so we found out abruptly that he had to "cease working immediately" in September, a month after we'd applied for sponsorship), he decided to take advantage of a work visa in New Zealand while I started acupuncture school in Victoria, BC because I couldn't afford to pay for his living expenses while we waited to hear back on a response. If it is relevant at all, he's from Norfolk in England.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
misslissa said:
Hi everyone!

Exciting day for us today - finally get to ask to be added to the spreadsheet! :)

Application received in Mississauga: April 21, 2015
Visa Exempt
Meds done 28 March.
Police Check 10 April.
PA is British Citizen.

Thanks for all the help on the board; couldn't have applied without it!

Melissa
Welcome Melissa, I have added you to the spreadsheet.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
CDG-RPAJ said:
Hey there andrew-brit,

I'm not sure if you saw the note I left you a few days ago, but I thought I'd re-post it just in case you missed it. I had seen you had added some other users to the spreadsheet since I posted this info, so that's what made me think you missed this additional info. Sorry if I made a mistake. Thanks so much!

CDG-RPAJ said:
For sure, andrew-brit! I'm not sure if I'm the applicant (I'm the Canadian one) or if my British partner is. Anyway, we applied from Edmonton, where we lived together for a year, but when his work visa ran out (we had thought he could stay and work under "implied status," but only found out after we had applied that (a) that doesn't apply for outland visas, and (b) he wouldn't have been eligible anyway because his working visa was a working holiday visa, so we found out abruptly that he had to "cease working immediately" in September, a month after we'd applied for sponsorship), he decided to take advantage of a work visa in New Zealand while I started acupuncture school in Victoria, BC because I couldn't afford to pay for his living expenses while we waited to hear back on a response. If it is relevant at all, he's from Norfolk in England.
I have added you to the spreadsheet, please check the details are correct.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
CDG-RPAJ said:
Hey there andrew-brit,

Definitely do let us know if we overlook a post! It's easy to do particularly when multiple updates get posted at once, so we do sometimes miss one! :)

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Well we're 6 weeks away now from my husbands visitor visa expiring so going to apply for an extension. Didn't expect to have to but it seems like it's not really an issue to extend, just more paperwork and money! And so much repetition.....goddddddddddddddddd more forms! Blah

done complaining :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CanadianInUK said:
Well we're 6 weeks away now from my husbands visitor visa expiring so going to apply for an extension. Didn't expect to have to but it seems like it's not really an issue to extend, just more paperwork and money! And so much repetition.....goddddddddddddddddd more forms! Blah

There is no need to apply for the extension so far ahead of time. You can hold off for awhile longer and potentially save the $100.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
CanadianInUK said:

Lets hope we hear something soon. :)

mtempest

Apr 10, 2014
Sent my ppr docs back from Toronto to London on 10th April. Couldn't send them to Ottawa with my actual passport as I'm going home for a week in a month, and it said if you're planning to be in Canada for min 3 months send to Ottawa.

Made a (in retrospect) schoolboy error in not paying $25 more for signed delivery/ registered mail, as frankly I'm a visitor on a serious budget and registered wouldn't grrr it there faster. Still no excuse mind. Just now I'm bricking it that its been lost in the mail/ undelivered. They said not to contact them within 8 weeks, but its 30 days to return the forms from when I got the ppr letter.

Considering sending a second package, recorded this time obviously, just to make sure it arrives within the 30 days, but that would surely only muddy the waters if they have received my paperwork as intended.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hello all,

Today I noticed some changes in my (my wife's) ecas. For me (sponsor) there are three columns one with my wife's name (person being sponsored) and in the other two Sponsorship application and PR application status.

Sponsorship application is in "in process", and below status are listed
  • We received your application to sponsor <Wife's Name> on March 12, 2015.
  • We started processing your application on April 20, 2015.

PR application is "application received", and below status are listed
  • We received <Wife's Name> application for permanent residence on March 12, 2015.
  • Medical results have been received.

The later is same in my wife's ecas stauts, the only different is her name is not in the list and is replaced with "your" instead of her name. FYI, I received AOR on 21-April-15 and ecas status appeared today (23-April-15)

One thing is quite surprising for me actually, they accessed can my wife's PR without sponsorship approval. I though first, decision on sponsorship application is made and then they start to look on PR application.

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they are working on the PR Application. Its only confirming it's received, not in process (like the SA).

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
COPR arrived today!!!!!! WOOHOO!!! Exactly 15 months passed today from when the package arrive in Mississauga and now I finally got my COPR!

Nice enough they also extended my medicals until March 2016, so I sure got time to land! I was supposed to land in June, but in light of this we are considering to get me new flight tickets sooner! :D

superkev

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Hello guys so i have 3 months left on my IEC visa. My GF is sponsoring myself to stay. I'm wondering weather to apply inland or outland? i know inland is a lot longer but ill get an open work permit which means i can carry on working. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
PhdStream said:
Hello all,

Today I noticed some changes in my (my wife's) ecas. For me (sponsor) there are three columns one with my wife's name (person being sponsored) and in the other two Sponsorship application and PR application status.

Sponsorship application is in "in process", and below status are listed
  • We received your application to sponsor <Wife's Name> on March 12, 2015.
  • We started processing your application on April 20, 2015.

PR application is "application received", and below status are listed
  • We received <Wife's Name> application for permanent residence on March 12, 2015.
  • Medical results have been received.

The later is same in my wife's ecas stauts, the only different is her name is not in the list and is replaced with "your" instead of her name. FYI, I received AOR on 21-April-15 and ecas status appeared today (23-April-15)

One thing is quite surprising for me actually, they accessed can my wife's PR without sponsorship approval. I though first, decision on sponsorship application is made and then they start to look on PR application.
It's at the AOR/SA stage. Your part of the application is being reviewed and processed not your wife. :)

Apr 15, 2015
SchnookoLoly said:
IF that doctor in London is being a pain, then try another one. You have to submit the medical up front. IT's in your best interests to go book yourself an appt ASAP. Address is 15 Basil Mansions, just outside Knightsbridge Station, phone +44 20 7584 6718.
Most of the London doctors appear to be from the same office (Knightsbridge Doctors). We tried the same office and they were adement that they have to wait for a formal request.

I appreciate that the upfront medical may save time (in hindsight we should have done it in advance) but the CIC website is clear that the medical is the one aspect of the application which can be submitted later. Hopefully it will not impact the application.