+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

danniejean

Aug 19, 2014
Bristol, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Hi all!

We have had a request from Ottawa today, could someone please update the spread sheet? We have been asked to provide Statutory Declaration of Common-Law IMM5409, proof of sponsors intent to return to Canada and FBI Clearance from the US if my partner lived there for more than 6 months since turning 18 (which he didn't).

It frustrates and worries me that they have asked for the FBI clearance when it clearly does not apply. Could they not tell from our forms that it was not applicable? We clearly indicated on our application the year he lived there, and simple math would show he was only 16!! We will simply reply saying it doesn't apply but I'm still concerned they will come back and request it anyway (maybe I'm paranoid!) Apparently it takes 16 weeks to get the FBI clearance, that will really set things back :(

At least it is nice to know that they have now laid hands on our application!!! Baby steps :)

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
danniejean said:
Hi all!

We have had a request from Ottawa today, could someone please update the spread sheet? We have been asked to provide Statutory Declaration of Common-Law IMM5409, proof of sponsors intent to return to Canada and FBI Clearance from the US if my partner lived there for more than 6 months since turning 18 (which he didn't).

It frustrates and worries me that they have asked for the FBI clearance when it clearly does not apply. Could they not tell from our forms that it was not applicable? We clearly indicated on our application the year he lived there, and simple math would show he was only 16!! We will simply reply saying it doesn't apply but I'm still concerned they will come back and request it anyway (maybe I'm paranoid!) Apparently it takes 16 weeks to get the FBI clearance, that will really set things back :(

At least it is nice to know that they have now laid hands on our application!!! Baby steps :)
If the actual wording states: FBI Clearance from the US if [he/she] lived there for more than 6 months since turning 18 I would think the FBI clearance would not apply and you would not need to explain why as CIC has given you an out. Only send if applicable...

That would be my take, but senior members feel free to correct me.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
danniejean said:
Hi all!

Spreadsheet updated. Ottawa seems to be picking up speed again which is good news.

Send what they asked for if it is applicable. If the applicant was not 18+ when they were in USA then do not waste time on an FBI clearance. However include a letter indicating why it was not included. Doing this will only take a couple of minutes and could prevent them from requesting it again which would add time to your process.

danniejean

Aug 19, 2014
Bristol, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
andrew-brit said:
Spreadsheet updated. Ottawa seems to be picking up speed again which is good news.

Send what they asked for if it is applicable. If the applicant was not 18+ when they were in USA then do not waste time on an FBI clearance. However include a letter indicating why it was not included. Doing this will only take a couple of minutes and could prevent them from requesting it again which would add time to your process.
Thanks! Yes I was going to include a letter for sure :) Just always second guessing myself with all these forms and things, but it clearly does not apply so should be fine.

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Was feeling a little nostalgic and decided to drop in on this forum... hi everyone! Good luck with everyone's applications! :)

CDG-RPAJ

Apr 15, 2015
Hi there!

I'd love to add my info to the spreadsheet, but I'm not quite sure how to do that, since 1094 pages are a lot to wade through to find the instructions (although I've truly looked!). Could someone tell me what I need to do (and what some of the abbreviations mean) to share relevant information so it can be added to the Timeline for Family Class Sponsorship via London Spreadsheet? (andrew-brit and SchnookoLoly, you guys are saints.)

Thanks!

CDG

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2015 Proof of Cohabitation
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval 15-07-2014 In Progress 20-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2014 extended to 27-04-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
CDG-RPAJ said:
Hi there!

I'd love to add my info to the spreadsheet, but I'm not quite sure how to do that, since 1094 pages are a lot to wade through to find the instructions (although I've truly looked!). Could someone tell me what I need to do (and what some of the abbreviations mean) to share relevant information so it can be added to the Timeline for Family Class Sponsorship via London Spreadsheet? (andrew-brit and SchnookoLoly, you guys are saints.)

Thanks!

CDG
The Admins will add you. Look 2 pages back where another member requested to be added, you can read what info is useful.

CDG-RPAJ

Apr 15, 2015
katathfx said:
The Admins will add you. Look 2 pages back where another member requested to be added, you can read what info is useful.
Thanks, katathfx! I mean, I had for sure already seen the lists of info in everybody's profiles, but I wasn't sure who had the most complete list of categories or what each of them means.

Here is our info:

Category........: FAM (? - it's a common-law sponsorship)
Visa Office......: London, UK :(
Job Offer........: None
App. Filed.......: [Does this mean the day I submitted it? That would be August 11, 2014.]
AOR Received.: [Not sure what AOR stands for. I received confirmation that I was eligible as a sponsor on September 8, 2014.]
File Transfer...: [Is this the date of the letter that says my partner's file had been transferred to London? The date on it was September 18, 2014.]
Med's Done....: [my partner completed his medical exams sometime in mid-summer 2014, and included them when we submitted our application on August 11, 2014]
Interview........: no info yet
Passport Req..: no info yet

jay10

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
All

Just FYI

Email extract from london office regarding 29 months processing time
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please note that our processing time is calculated from the date the complete application for sponsorship was received at the Case Processing Center in Mississauga to the date the final decision was entered by the Visa Office. The posted processing times are based on the time required to process 80% of the cases over a period of 12 months and are updated quarterly. Therefore, they are historical processing times that may not accurately reflect current processing times when a significant occurrence has impacted the regular flow of processing.

In February 2014, the Family Class caseload from Islamabad, Pakistan was transferred to London. At the time of transfer, the processing time in Islamabad was 32 months. This was, therefore, an already significantly aged caseload. The files from the large inventory received from Islamabad formed the large majority of cases processed by London in 2014. Accordingly, as these aged files were finalized in London, the time elapsed since the applications were initially submitted had a major impact on the calculation of the London processing times, even though they had been in London only for a few months.

As the posted processing time is historical and has been impacted by a specific invent – the transfer of an aged inventory – it does not accurately reflect the current processing time experienced by new applications received in London. To give you a better sense of the expected processing time for new Family Class applications received in London, we are currently putting into active processing the applications received in London from May to July 2014.

danniejean

Aug 19, 2014
Bristol, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
danniejean said:
Hi all!

Hello again. I was wondering if anyone else has had a request for the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law IMM5409 form or could provide some guidance. The form states at the top to read the instructions before filling it out but the only 'instructions' i can find are just a general explanation of the forms boxes in the 3900 sponsorship guide. The form asks questions such as whether we have a joint lease or life insurance with our partner as beneficiary etc. The form however just indicates that we need to tick the relevant boxes and does not specifically ask to attach evidence. I think I'll attach the evidence anyway but it will take a few days to get it all together. Does anyone know if it is needed?

Finally it needs to be signed by a commissioner of oaths. From what I can find online this is a barrister, solicitor, conveyancer, notary public or legal executive (whatever that it) or someone else who a judge has given this power to. I know that you can go to civil court centres to have signatures witnessed by the public counter staff for certain things (traffic infringements being one). Does anyone know if they may be considered a commissioner of oaths? I'm trying to avoid having to pay a solicitor as money is tight!

Any guidance would be much appreciated :)

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
Hello Everyone!!

Finally the COPR has arrived today after 4 days - i was too scared coz i didn't sent the self-addressed envelope but anyway i got it in the end...

looking forward to do landing next month

good luck

oh where is counterfoil? - it says here you have to show your COPR & Passport with Counterfoil - is it Counterfoil the cover letter i have received with COPR?

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
danniejean said:
Hello again. I was wondering if anyone else has had a request for the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law IMM5409 form or could provide some guidance. The form states at the top to read the instructions before filling it out but the only 'instructions' i can find are just a general explanation of the forms boxes in the 3900 sponsorship guide. The form asks questions such as whether we have a joint lease or life insurance with our partner as beneficiary etc. The form however just indicates that we need to tick the relevant boxes and does not specifically ask to attach evidence. I think I'll attach the evidence anyway but it will take a few days to get it all together. Does anyone know if it is needed?

Finally it needs to be signed by a commissioner of oaths. From what I can find online this is a barrister, solicitor, conveyancer, notary public or legal executive (whatever that it) or someone else who a judge has given this power to. I know that you can go to civil court centres to have signatures witnessed by the public counter staff for certain things (traffic infringements being one). Does anyone know if they may be considered a commissioner of oaths? I'm trying to avoid having to pay a solicitor as money is tight!

Any guidance would be much appreciated :)
Hi. We had this request and its pretty standard. You don't need to provide evidence as the form as its not requested and should have been a part of your file in the first place which I imagine it was. The form is functioning as an official legal declaration. Of the boxes you need to tick, CIC want to see one or all of those boxes ticked, and if not they allow you to provide an explanation. What you're doing here is making a legal binding statement - not proving anything at this point.

In regards to the commisioner of oaths, we used a friend who is a lawyer. A notary public is not the same. They cannot administer oaths and are more administrative so I don't think the line you're going down will work (counter service people, post office etc). A commisioner of oaths is an officer of the court so I am not sure what else other than solicitors/barristers/judge will work. Some googl'ing will help you figure out what is what.

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
One last note. I would call ahead to wherever you are thinking of going and asking if they are considered 'Commissioner of Oaths'. I think the actual definition of one varies between Canada and the UK so hard to say which you should adhere to. Unfortunately I would say a solicitor etc is the safest bet.

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
Hey all, today I checked ecas and... DECISION MADE! I'm so excited there's no limit! Ahhh, now i will be like a hawk checking the mails!!!

I haven't received any requests of any kind, so does that mean they extended my medicals?