+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Nabsnunu

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
Doc's Request.
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
File Transfer...
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
04-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2015
canada_nz said:
One last note. I would call ahead to wherever you are thinking of going and asking if they are considered 'Commissioner of Oaths'. I think the actual definition of one varies between Canada and the UK so hard to say which you should adhere to. Unfortunately I would say a solicitor etc is the safest bet.
Hi there - I can see you had a request for additional information a while back. I assume you still haven't received any type of decision? Concerning how long Ottawa are taking even after having requested additional information :eek:

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2015 Proof of Cohabitation
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval 15-07-2014 In Progress 20-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2014 extended to 27-04-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Aniabella said:
Hey all, today I checked ecas and... DECISION MADE! I'm so excited there's no limit! Ahhh, now i will be like a hawk checking the mails!!!

I haven't received any requests of any kind, so does that mean they extended my medicals?
They may have very well extended your medical, if not they would most likely send you a request. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are also the first member to receive DM from the LVO since March 31st !!! You must be so excited :)

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
jay10 said:
All

Just FYI

Email extract from london office regarding 29 months processing time
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please note that our processing time is calculated from the date the complete application for sponsorship was received at the Case Processing Center in Mississauga to the date the final decision was entered by the Visa Office. The posted processing times are based on the time required to process 80% of the cases over a period of 12 months and are updated quarterly. Therefore, they are historical processing times that may not accurately reflect current processing times when a significant occurrence has impacted the regular flow of processing.

In February 2014, the Family Class caseload from Islamabad, Pakistan was transferred to London. At the time of transfer, the processing time in Islamabad was 32 months. This was, therefore, an already significantly aged caseload. The files from the large inventory received from Islamabad formed the large majority of cases processed by London in 2014. Accordingly, as these aged files were finalized in London, the time elapsed since the applications were initially submitted had a major impact on the calculation of the London processing times, even though they had been in London only for a few months.

As the posted processing time is historical and has been impacted by a specific invent – the transfer of an aged inventory – it does not accurately reflect the current processing time experienced by new applications received in London. To give you a better sense of the expected processing time for new Family Class applications received in London, we are currently putting into active processing the applications received in London from May to July 2014.
Thanks a lot; a real relief to read this

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
katathfx said:
They may have very well extended your medical, if not they would most likely send you a request. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are also the first member to receive DM from the LVO since March 31st !!! You must be so excited :)
Thank you! I sure am excited, after nearly 15 months of waiting without requests from LVO! Just need the COPR now to put my nerves at ease that there's no rejection letter randomly coming instead! :D

Szymon

Aug 15, 2014
danniejean said:
Hello again. I was wondering if anyone else has had a request for the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law IMM5409 form or could provide some guidance. The form states at the top to read the instructions before filling it out but the only 'instructions' i can find are just a general explanation of the forms boxes in the 3900 sponsorship guide. The form asks questions such as whether we have a joint lease or life insurance with our partner as beneficiary etc. The form however just indicates that we need to tick the relevant boxes and does not specifically ask to attach evidence. I think I'll attach the evidence anyway but it will take a few days to get it all together. Does anyone know if it is needed?

Finally it needs to be signed by a commissioner of oaths. From what I can find online this is a barrister, solicitor, conveyancer, notary public or legal executive (whatever that it) or someone else who a judge has given this power to. I know that you can go to civil court centres to have signatures witnessed by the public counter staff for certain things (traffic infringements being one). Does anyone know if they may be considered a commissioner of oaths? I'm trying to avoid having to pay a solicitor as money is tight!

Any guidance would be much appreciated :)
My understanding of this is that any solicitor in the UK can act as a commissionaire of oaths and provide this service. I believe there is a maximum they are allowed to charge for this in the UK and its in the region of £10 (sorry but I don't remember exactly). We called a couple of nearby law firms and asked for them to act as a commissionaire of oaths, effectively they confirm via their signature that you both signed the document and verified it as true in their presence. Don't confuse this with a notoray public who can be a lot more expensive. Also, as all you are doing is signing a form in front of the solicitor you should not be paying for them to be drafting anything which can add to the cost. For us it literally took 20 secs, we signed, dated and printed our names, the solicitor stamped, dated, signed and printed his name. Don't remember the exact cost but it was something like £10 for 2 copies. If someone is asking you for more than you are likely being fleeced!

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
Nabsnunu said:
Hi there - I can see you had a request for additional information a while back. I assume you still haven't received any type of decision? Concerning how long Ottawa are taking even after having requested additional information :eek:
Hello! Nope still in Application Received and others who had additional request in Dec/Jan are in the same boat. However there has been movement in Ottawa now in respect to people getting Decision Made, which wasn't happening for a long time. Ottawa was overloaded with the temporary foreign workers issue. The deadline for those was April 1st, so we've seen alot more movement in Ottawa in the last couple weeks which is a relief.
When I look at our application on the Ottawa and London spreadsheets (and others who I follow on here/other threads) it would seem our application should go to DM in the semi near future. Fingers crossed.
In regards to your app, I'd say its hard to compare mine to yours. Now that the temporary foreign workers issue is in the past, yours could speed up considerably and perhaps they wont request additional information from you? And if they do, it could certainly move swiftly once its received. Unless another stream of applications hits Ottawa...then god help us all.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
CDG-RPAJ said:
Thanks, katathfx! I mean, I had for sure already seen the lists of info in everybody's profiles, but I wasn't sure who had the most complete list of categories or what each of them means.

Here is our info:

Category........: FAM (? - it's a common-law sponsorship)
Visa Office......: London, UK :(
Job Offer........: None
App. Filed.......: [Does this mean the day I submitted it? That would be August 11, 2014.]
AOR Received.: [Not sure what AOR stands for. I received confirmation that I was eligible as a sponsor on September 8, 2014.]
File Transfer...: [Is this the date of the letter that says my partner's file had been transferred to London? The date on it was September 18, 2014.]
Med's Done....: [my partner completed his medical exams sometime in mid-summer 2014, and included them when we submitted our application on August 11, 2014]
Interview........: no info yet
Passport Req..: no info yet
Thanks, before I add you can you tell me the principal applicant's location? Closest city is fine if you do not want to be too specific.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Aniabella said:
Hey all, today I checked ecas and... DECISION MADE! I'm so excited there's no limit! Ahhh, now i will be like a hawk checking the mails!!!

I haven't received any requests of any kind, so does that mean they extended my medicals?
Spreadsheet updated, congratulations, you got there in the end! Please stick around and let us know when you receive COPR!

nishra said:
Finally the COPR has arrived today after 4 days - i was too scared coz i didn't sent the self-addressed envelope but anyway i got it in the end...
Spreadsheet updated.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
danniejean said:
Hello again. I was wondering if anyone else has had a request for the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law IMM5409 form or could provide some guidance. The form states at the top to read the instructions before filling it out but the only 'instructions' i can find are just a general explanation of the forms boxes in the 3900 sponsorship guide. The form asks questions such as whether we have a joint lease or life insurance with our partner as beneficiary etc. The form however just indicates that we need to tick the relevant boxes and does not specifically ask to attach evidence. I think I'll attach the evidence anyway but it will take a few days to get it all together. Does anyone know if it is needed?

Finally it needs to be signed by a commissioner of oaths. From what I can find online this is a barrister, solicitor, conveyancer, notary public or legal executive (whatever that it) or someone else who a judge has given this power to. I know that you can go to civil court centres to have signatures witnessed by the public counter staff for certain things (traffic infringements being one). Does anyone know if they may be considered a commissioner of oaths? I'm trying to avoid having to pay a solicitor as money is tight!
Are you in Canada?

We went to our local motor vehicle registries office and had a Statutory Declaration of a Common Law union signed by a commissioner of oaths there and it was absolutely free. We had a request for an IMM5490 form to be filled out after our application was received, we just ticked the boxes required and signed. In your case I would send the supplementary documents requested and write notes on the IMM5409 form indicating to see the enclosed/attached. If you have the evidence, I would definitely send it.

Any guidance would be much appreciated :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
In the UK they can't charge more than a fiver. So if you're having it done there then make sure they aren't charging more than that.

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Aniabella said:

BOOOMMMM!!!! YES!!!!!! :D :D :D

I've been eagerly awaiting this update from you! Great to see London tick off one of the older cases.

Ron321

Apr 14, 2015
Hi guys.. I recently sent my documents to Lambeth, Canada House London..
They are received by person named "HALOUANE M".. Did any one heard this name before in delivery of documents???
plz reply

???

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
jay10 said:
All

Just FYI

Email extract from london office regarding 29 months processing time
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Thank you for sharing that, it certainly helps lift a little of the stress :)

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Hello all,

I received an update to my case specific enquiry today... sadly just a template response.

Dear Applicant,

We are unable to give a queue position as we do not work to those timescales. We can confirm that the file is in a queue awaiting review by an immigration officer.

We expect to be in touch in due course.
:mad:

Call me old fashioned.... but I expect a queue to be "first in, first out"!!! Of course, we know from the spreadsheet that isn't the case. I'm due a set of notes today also but not optimistic on seeing progress now.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
mec14 said:
Hello all,

I received an update to my case specific enquiry today... sadly just a template response.

:mad:

Call me old fashioned.... but I expect a queue to be "first in, first out"!!! Of course, we know from the spreadsheet that isn't the case. I'm due a set of notes today also but not optimistic on seeing progress now.
Yeah standard response. See what your notes say, then chase up with the MP next week. :)