+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

kateface

Apr 29, 2014
Our ecas status was updated to in process as of march 16 th. Really hoping its getting close now, I'm starting to lose my marbles a little...

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
kateface said:
Our ecas status was updated to in process as of march 16 th. Really hoping its getting close now, I'm starting to lose my marbles a little...
Hang in there Kate, hopefully not too long for you now! Spreadsheet updated.

In other news I just submitted my visitor extension application. This will be the third one I have submitted, hopefully it is the last time! I asked for 6 months.

Feb 21, 2015
I have been approved as a sponsor as of March 23, 2015. Our application was forwarded to the London visa office.

If anyone wants to update the spreadsheet for me that'd be awesome. :)

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
sunsunsunsunsunsun said:
I have been approved as a sponsor as of March 23, 2015. Our application was forwarded to the London visa office.

If anyone wants to update the spreadsheet for me that'd be awesome. :)
Spreadsheet updated. I left SA date as March 21st as that is when you first reported DM.

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
SchnookoLoly said:
ECAS never gives you details of the decision. You should receive something either in the post or in your email. Be sure to check spam and junk folders.

No one knows for sure, it's a massive "it depends". After the package arrives at CIC's office it has to be opened and matched to your file - not sure how long that takes. I wouldn't put much weight in the assignment date, though, just sit tight and be patient. Stressing yourself out does absolutely no good to anyone.

Not necessarily. MOST of the time extra documents are requested before DM. In a small number of cases, passport copies or photos are requested after ECAS changes. A good portion of people don't have any additional requests. So don't read into it if you haven't received any requests.

Give it another 2 weeks then call them to chase it up. Please stop posting the same question 15 times. I'm pretty sure you've received the advice already that COPR can take up to 6-8 weeks to arrive in the post after ECAS changes to DM, plus you know you've already been approved because you were told that on the phone. Give it another two weeks and then call them up if you still haven't received anything. Oh, and calm down. Seriously.
yeah okay you are actually advised me before & you said it normally takes 2 weeks upto 4 weeks i should chase them up if reach 4 weeks, so you gave me wrong advised!!! 2nd the designed spreadheet is wrong!!! it doesnt make any senes, the process time is still on till I receive my COPR!! the time frame is jumping up & down it depends individual NOT base on Visa OFFICE, based on your spreadsheet you have designed showing i should receive the COPR within 2 weeks based on figures showing people who process their application in OTTAWA?? now if you telling to stop posting same post all over again, thats because you dont know the answer!! & please don't reply to my post ever again, you are not polite person and you are rude!!! so please dont answer my question if you dont like to same question, just ignore me,

thanks - i am giving them call now

Updated, thanks!!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
nishra said:
yeah okay you are actually advised me before & you said it normally takes 2 weeks upto 4 weeks i should chase them up if reach 4 weeks, so you gave me wrong advised!!! 2nd the designed spreadheet is wrong!!! it doesnt make any senes, the process time is still on till I receive my COPR!! the time frame is jumping up & down it depends individual NOT base on Visa OFFICE, based on your spreadsheet you have designed showing i should receive the COPR within 2 weeks based on figures showing people who process their application in OTTAWA?? now if you telling to stop posting same post all over again, thats because you dont know the answer!! & please don't reply to my post ever again, you are not polite person and you are rude!!! so please dont answer my question if you dont like to same question, just ignore me,

thanks - i am giving them call now

Updated, thanks!!
Well aren't you a peach.

« Reply #15644 on: 24 February 2015, 04:23:46 » - you posted that you got Decision Made. I updated you on the spreadsheet at that point.

« Reply #15650 on: 24 February 2015, 10:27:23 » - a few back and forths between us on how the COPR is delivered to you.

« Reply #15678 on: 26 February 2015, 15:20:16 » - you posted that you called CIC and asked something or other (I don't really get the post)...

« Reply #15690 on: 27 February 2015, 16:21:48 » - The first time you posted starting to question when COPR would arrive - at this point it had only been 3 days since you got DM.

« Reply #15691 on: 27 February 2015, 16:27:35 » - My response where, yes, I did say to chase up after 4 weeks.

« Reply #15731 on: 03 March 2015, 15:55:05 » - my response to your awful advice telling someone else that CIC call centre can just press some kind of "complete" button, which was utter bollocks.

« Reply #15846 on: 11 March 2015, 14:23:35 » - you posted that it had been 15 days since your DM and you still haven't heard. Others posted that they were still waiting as well and just to sit tight. I was not one of these people, one of them is someone who had been waiting 4 weeks at that point.

« Reply #15902 on: 16 March 2015, 13:49:29 » - you posted asking someone else about COPR and if they'd received it. The guy responded that he had not yet received it.

« Reply #15919 on: 16 March 2015, 19:51:00 » - you posted about your address missing London, you were assured this was fine.

« Reply #16015 on: 21 March 2015, 13:47:26 » - you posted that you called CIC *again* asking for an update - at this point it had been 4 weeks. I acknowledge that my note, as documented further up, said for you to chase it.

« Reply #16023 on: 22 March 2015, 17:18:56 » - you comparing COPR processing times for those processed out of Ottawa

Then a few more, then your very nice post to me that I've quoted above. So let's see here.

First, COPR is *not* issued by the processing office. If the applicant is living in Canada, then Ottawa will issue COPR. If the applicant is living in the UK, then London will issue COPR. If the applicant is living in Australia, then Sydney will issue COPR. That is why CIC needs to know where you are currently living when it comes time to issue COPR.

You are located in London, therefore it's London that will issue your COPR, not Ottawa. So when you are looking at timelines for receiving COPR, you have to look at people *located* in the UK.

I've just done some calculations based on 2014 applicants waiting for COPR out of London, and average time is about 3 weeks to receive COPR. So yes, you are a bit above average, so go ahead and chase it.

It's frustrating when the same questions are posted a zillion times. Andrew and I, and other editors on the past, work very hard at keeping the spreadsheet up to date and accurate in order to help people know what to expect. We work hard on keeping it accurate. This involves keeping an active eye on threads on this forum and over on BritishExpats. In addition, we answer questions and try to help people out. We have both been there ourselves - I applied in 2012, Andrew is in process right now. I always try to give helpful advice, and after 3-4 years on these boards I usually have a decent idea of reasonable expectations. It's frustrating when the same questions pop up a load of times and people flood the board asking the same question over and over. So yeah, I got a bit annoyed at the same question coming up again and again. This thread moves very quickly, and we do what we can to help keep it organised.

So even though you called me rude and not polite (aren't those the same thing?), I'll give you some advice anyway.

First, I don't know how much luck you'll have with the call centre. They are known to be useless, I and countless of others have posted this many, many times. You are better off submitting a case-specific enquiry and/or sending an email to CIC to see if you can get an update. Links and emails can be found in the FAQ linked in my signature.

I know from others who have had issues receiving COPR in the past that CIC doesn't consider it lost in the post until it's been about 6-8 weeks since DM has passed. But you can still try to chase it up anyway. Once you get to 8 weeks, though, you'll have to step up your game - and to do that, my suggestion would be to get your MP involved. They are usually able to chase up pretty quickly, but do NOT get your MP involved until 8 weeks have passed.

I understand you are frustrated and you are waiting for your COPR to arrive, but reaming me out on here and calling me names is not nice nor is it appreciated.

Hopefully what I've written above you find helpful anyway, despite the insults you threw my way and how little appreciation you show for the work that those of us who DO have answers put in around here.

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
SchnookoLoly said:
Well aren't you a peach.

« Reply #15644 on: 24 February 2015, 04:23:46 » - you posted that you got Decision Made. I updated you on the spreadsheet at that point.

« Reply #15650 on: 24 February 2015, 10:27:23 » - a few back and forths between us on how the COPR is delivered to you.

« Reply #15678 on: 26 February 2015, 15:20:16 » - you posted that you called CIC and asked something or other (I don't really get the post)...

« Reply #15690 on: 27 February 2015, 16:21:48 » - The first time you posted starting to question when COPR would arrive - at this point it had only been 3 days since you got DM.

« Reply #15691 on: 27 February 2015, 16:27:35 » - My response where, yes, I did say to chase up after 4 weeks.

« Reply #15731 on: 03 March 2015, 15:55:05 » - my response to your awful advice telling someone else that CIC call centre can just press some kind of "complete" button, which was utter bollocks.

« Reply #15846 on: 11 March 2015, 14:23:35 » - you posted that it had been 15 days since your DM and you still haven't heard. Others posted that they were still waiting as well and just to sit tight. I was not one of these people, one of them is someone who had been waiting 4 weeks at that point.

« Reply #15902 on: 16 March 2015, 13:49:29 » - you posted asking someone else about COPR and if they'd received it. The guy responded that he had not yet received it.

« Reply #15919 on: 16 March 2015, 19:51:00 » - you posted about your address missing London, you were assured this was fine.

« Reply #16015 on: 21 March 2015, 13:47:26 » - you posted that you called CIC *again* asking for an update - at this point it had been 4 weeks. I acknowledge that my note, as documented further up, said for you to chase it.

« Reply #16023 on: 22 March 2015, 17:18:56 » - you comparing COPR processing times for those processed out of Ottawa

Then a few more, then your very nice post to me that I've quoted above. So let's see here.

First, COPR is *not* issued by the processing office. If the applicant is living in Canada, then Ottawa will issue COPR. If the applicant is living in the UK, then London will issue COPR. If the applicant is living in Australia, then Sydney will issue COPR. That is why CIC needs to know where you are currently living when it comes time to issue COPR.

You are located in London, therefore it's London that will issue your COPR, not Ottawa. So when you are looking at timelines for receiving COPR, you have to look at people *located* in the UK.

I've just done some calculations based on 2014 applicants waiting for COPR out of London, and average time is about 3 weeks to receive COPR. So yes, you are a bit above average, so go ahead and chase it.

It's frustrating when the same questions are posted a zillion times. Andrew and I, and other editors on the past, work very hard at keeping the spreadsheet up to date and accurate in order to help people know what to expect. We work hard on keeping it accurate. This involves keeping an active eye on threads on this forum and over on BritishExpats. In addition, we answer questions and try to help people out. We have both been there ourselves - I applied in 2012, Andrew is in process right now. I always try to give helpful advice, and after 3-4 years on these boards I usually have a decent idea of reasonable expectations. It's frustrating when the same questions pop up a load of times and people flood the board asking the same question over and over. So yeah, I got a bit annoyed at the same question coming up again and again. This thread moves very quickly, and we do what we can to help keep it organised.

So even though you called me rude and not polite (aren't those the same thing?), I'll give you some advice anyway.

First, I don't know how much luck you'll have with the call centre. They are known to be useless, I and countless of others have posted this many, many times. You are better off submitting a case-specific enquiry and/or sending an email to CIC to see if you can get an update. Links and emails can be found in the FAQ linked in my signature.

I know from others who have had issues receiving COPR in the past that CIC doesn't consider it lost in the post until it's been about 6-8 weeks since DM has passed. But you can still try to chase it up anyway. Once you get to 8 weeks, though, you'll have to step up your game - and to do that, my suggestion would be to get your MP involved. They are usually able to chase up pretty quickly, but do NOT get your MP involved until 8 weeks have passed.

I understand you are frustrated and you are waiting for your COPR to arrive, but reaming me out on here and calling me names is not nice nor is it appreciated.

Hopefully what I've written above you find helpful anyway, despite the insults you threw my way and how little appreciation you show for the work that those of us who DO have answers put in around here.
thank you thats what i expected to hear, thats a qaulity answer, now if you type this somewhere in spreadsheet and copy and paste link for other who may ask you the same question then it will save everyone time..design another page on spreadsheet and write common questions and answer and just paste the link will be easy... now when you say YOUR MP , you refering my Member of Parliament based what area i leave, thats easy coz i know him really well... wait up to 8 weeks and see what happens....

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
nishra said:
thank you thats what i expected to hear, thats a qaulity answer, now if you type this somewhere in spreadsheet and copy and paste link for other who may ask you the same question then it will save everyone time..design another page on spreadsheet and write common questions and answer and just paste the link will be easy... now when you say YOUR MP , you refering my Member of Parliament based what area i leave, thats easy coz i know him really well... wait up to 8 weeks and see what happens....
OMFG. You have some balls. No, I am not doing this extra work for you, and how dare you just come right out and tell me to go do all this extra work for you. You know that no one here gets paid for any of this, right? We do it in our spare time just to be helpful... so where do you get off asking others to do this kind of work for you? No one else has had so much trouble trying to interpret the COPR results of the spreadsheet. Clearly you are the only one struggling with basic math.

I will now happily NOT answer any more of your questions, and I hope no one else here does either, as you clearly have ZERO appreciation for the FREE help you get.

rhcohen - thanks so much for standing up as well. I really appreciate it. You always give great advice around here, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one royally pissed off by nishra's disrespectful and ungrateful comments. Cheers. :)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
rhcohen - thanks so much for standing up as well. I really appreciate it. You always give great advice around here, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one royally pissed off by nishra's disrespectful and ungrateful comments. Cheers. :)
ugh, if only you knew the comments I WISH I could write on here! i'd be kicked off this forum for sure if I actually wrote what i was thinking. you are doing a great job. thank YOU for your efforts!

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
rhcohen2014 said:
instead of asking these people who do this work for FREE in their spare time to do MORE work just so YOU can figure out what everything means (and not try to figure it out on your own), perhaps YOU can do the work and make a spreadsheet for yourself since YOU are the one who's confused and can't properly read a spreadsheet. seriously, i don't know who you think you are to be so rude and disrespectful then in the same breath ask someone to do MORE work for YOU! ridiculous.

perhaps instead of being so freaking demanding and rude, you can be THANKING shnookly, andrew and whoever else for all the hard work they put into making sure the spreadsheet remains accurate and up to date, which i'm sure is not easy to do.

and yes, MP means member of parliament. for the sponsor.
well i dont have auth to go on on spreadsheet and design the common question page, you guys should thought of it before, dont expect anyone knows your info thats why they are here to ask!! otherwise we wont be bother to sign up here for no reason, we here to ask, and hopfully get answer..!! if that bother you guys, then you shouldnt be here at first place!! what im trying to say,, you will get people like me confused.com...will come and ask you same question!!! you know why?? cos the spreadsheet is confusing,, is not friendly to understand whats going on... or maybe to save time for you lot, why dont you design a common question sheet with answers happy days, who ever ask you question just drop them a link... but anyway thanks

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
There's a FAQ linked in my signature, genius.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
nishra said:
well i dont have auth to go on on spreadsheet and design the common question page, you guys should thought of it before, dont expect anyone knows your info thats why they are here to ask!! otherwise we wont be bother to sign up here for no reason, we here to ask, and hopfully get answer..!! if that bother you guys, then you shouldnt be here at first place!! what im trying to say,, you will get people like me confused.com...will come and ask you same question!!! you know why?? cos the spreadsheet is confusing,, is not friendly to understand whats going on... or maybe to save time for you lot, why dont you design a common question sheet with answers happy days, who ever ask you question just drop them a link... but anyway thanks
Nishra, first of all let me say that there is a 'common question sheet' linked in Schnookololy's signature. It is referred to from to time and a lot of information is in there. You should refer to that.

Secondly, a spreadsheet is for tabular data, not for questions and answers. It would make little sense to put Q&A in a spreadsheet.

Thirdly, you are correct that some users who are intimidated by forms/the process will undoubtedly ask questions which have been asked before, it is a fact of life. However you can help yourself by reading various threads on the forum, the FAQ, and hopefully giving back to the board by passing on the knowledge you learned.

I did not know anything the process until September 2014 when I applied, and sure I had questions but I also made attempts to learn myself.

Finally, you have been approved, most likely you will have your COPR within 4 weeks and then you can land and get on with your life! Be happy, do not insult people who are here to help. If you cannot say anything nice do not say anything at all!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
you're so nice andrew. thanks for being the nice one. i certainly don't have the patience to be nice today. :p

and i acidentally erased my first response. oopsie.

canada_nz

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
Doc's Request.
19-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
03-07-2014
Passport Req..
22-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-5-2015
Nishra, you are out of line. Take your frustration elsewhere.
I just want to take this opportunity to concur/support the admins and let you know how much I appreciate the spreadsheet. Its a great running spreadsheet and is formatted WAY better compared to some of the other ones on this forum..AND offers statistics/analysis which is a bonus. I've probably told countless people how surprised I am at what a professional resource its been - as well as this forum. THANK YOU!
Nishra, why don't you consider where you would be without ANY of the information provided here. Duh.

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
rhcohen2014 said:
why don't you try to figure things out on your own and exercise your brain a bit? it doesn't take a rocket scientist (or even a high school student) to figure out this sh*t. please, try helping yourself FIRST before demanding others to help you. we are here to answer questions, yes, but we are not here to answer questions by rude people, questions that are easily answered by doing a bit of homework, or questions that are asked a bazillion times. if you want to be able to add information to the spreadsheet, THEN ASK NICELY. if others besides yourself think it's a good idea, then maybe it will be added. or here's a thought, start your own damn spreadsheet with the information you want to know.

good luck with your process, sounds like you're certainly going to need it!
WELL I DID ASK YOU GUYS NICELY!! didnt get the answer UNTIL i start being rude (thats your thought) even she the one being rude!! (telling me to calm down) the I GOT THE ANSWER - PERFECT!!!! and i didnt know you guys work here for free doing this for spare time,,,, seriously look back and think when people ask you guys. give them the answer in nice way, dont throw a rockets to me and tell me to stop posting or repeating our post over again, dont expect everyone has the same knowledge as you do!!! to be honest i don't have TIME to do my homework,, im not like you have spare time and spend it here and others with their issues...i have better things to do...but anway thanks for your support good luck to everyone for their COPR