+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
kks1234 said:
I too just wanted to throw in my thanks for everyone who has answered my questions through the process. Only wish I realised this forum was here before spending 6 months puzzling through the application forms on my own!

Also the quality of the spreadsheet on Outland London is AMAZING. The only other one i look at is Aug 14 outland and their spreadsheet is always in various states of disarray. Everyone should be super grateful for such easy to access and understand information.

Keep up the fab work :)
Haha, Andrew and I appreciate that the quality of the spreadsheet doesn't go unnoticed! For awhile it was editor-only, then the owner at the time decided to open it up so people could add themselves, and the quality/readability of the spreadsheet went downhill pretty quickly - people not adhering to standard formats, people adding in stuff wherever and whenever they felt like it... and then some trolls thought it would be funny to just delete all the data and start writing pen!s and b00bs all over it. Classy. So it was locked back up. After awhile I got made editor and then owner, and worked pretty hard at making it more readable and usable, and included some stats and the cover sheet. Andrew came on board a few months ago and has been awesome at writing some back-end code that makes management of the sheet SOOOOOO much easier - automating a few things I was having to update manually and that sort of thing. It's been a huge help. :)

So it's fantastic to know that the work and effort is noticed and appreciated - makes me smile. :)

You guys are awesome. *blush*

CanadaCanary

Mar 15, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
AOR Received.
30-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
Hey Everyone,

My first time on here and as I am sending off my application Friday/ Monday, won't be my last.

Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome spreadsheet and FAQ and all the other data. Helped me a lot in my fact finding and preparing this beast of an application.
I first started researching this back in September and it's taken months for us to gather all the documents!

I'm currently on an IEC permit in Canada, my wife and I have a no complications in our application so hopefully I have a speedy process!

When we send off the application I'll post it.
Cheers

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
This spreadsheet is bloody fantastic ;D I am an old fart on the computer and can't navigate a dam thing . Thank god you made it easy for us non computer people . Not every one uses computers well ,i do as little as possible since i learned shorthand and touch typing on a Manuel typewriter so all this copy and paste and stuff makes me crazy. I am happy that the spreadsheet is easy to read for people like myself. Well done both and Andrew for such a short time you have been on this site you have done a wonderful job.

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Haha, Andrew and I appreciate that the quality of the spreadsheet doesn't go unnoticed! For awhile it was editor-only, then the owner at the time decided to open it up so people could add themselves, and the quality/readability of the spreadsheet went downhill pretty quickly - people not adhering to standard formats, people adding in stuff wherever and whenever they felt like it... and then some trolls thought it would be funny to just delete all the data and start writing pen!s and b00bs all over it. Classy. So it was locked back up. After awhile I got made editor and then owner, and worked pretty hard at making it more readable and usable, and included some stats and the cover sheet. Andrew came on board a few months ago and has been awesome at writing some back-end code that makes management of the sheet SOOOOOO much easier - automating a few things I was having to update manually and that sort of thing. It's been a huge help. :)

So it's fantastic to know that the work and effort is noticed and appreciated - makes me smile. :)

You guys are awesome. *blush*
Maybe we should start a petition to get Andrew working on ECAS... ;) I also love the spreadsheet and find it very useful and I'm grateful for all the work that goes in.

Sadly at this point it's mostly making me jealous, but I still like to check in daily so see that things are ticking along in the London office, see a DM and hope that mine is next off the pile!

DPParmar

Jan 21, 2015
Surrey, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2015
Doc's Request.
22/09/2015
AOR Received.
25/04/2015
File Transfer...
04/05/2015 (In Process)
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Passport Req..
19-11-2015 (DM on ECAS)
Ditto to all comments on how much of a life saver this forum, spreadsheet, and the advice from the admins has been!!

Also an update that our application was delivered and signed for yesterday! Let the countdown begin!

Yomaben

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
London Uk
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02.02.14, resubmitted 17.06.14
AOR Received.
SA/ Approval 08.08.2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
26-03-14, re medical submitted 28-10-15
Interview........
21-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 17.11.15
LANDED..........
TBC
I support the motion to start a petition to get Andrew working on ECAS!!!

mrsb2014

Jan 14, 2015
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London :'(
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Originally Jan 20 2015 (included wrong checklist) resent Mar 27 2015
Doc's Request.
Oct 9th - RCMP CHECK & RPRF requested
AOR Received.
Apr 28 2015
File Transfer...
May 15 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 23 2014
Hi Everyone

I'm looking for some help as I am so upset and angry with myself for what Ive received today and cannot get through to CIC for help.

Whilst sending my OUTLAND application I accidentally printed off the INLAND document checklist, but somehow managed to send the OUTLAND sponsored spouse questionnaire. So had a letter and my application sent back today asking for the correct form IMM5285 which is the inland form not the outland. After looking at the OUTLAND checklist I've now go to redo a few forms too :(

So now I don't know what to do. I wanted to go OUTLAND and be all done quicker but now I'm starting from scratch and the last 2 months have been a waste!! However if i send the application back as requested I should get an Open Work Permit in 4 months but PR would take 18m / 2yrs. I'm already in Canada as visitor and as I'm in Alberta I'm entitled to Healthcare and a Driving Licence now as my husband is a citizen.

I'm totally lost and just need some help if anyone has been in a similar situation...

Thank you so much

Yomaben

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
London Uk
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02.02.14, resubmitted 17.06.14
AOR Received.
SA/ Approval 08.08.2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
26-03-14, re medical submitted 28-10-15
Interview........
21-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 17.11.15
LANDED..........
TBC
Outland LONDON, UK Spousal Application

I asked CIC Canada call center last night, to get an update on my application since SA approval in August 2014, the agent i spoke with said, since my application is OUTLAND she is unable to provide me details about the status of my application however advised me to contact London office. The agent said if my application was InLAND, she would have discussed the status with me. She sounded nice on the phone though!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mrsb2014 said:
Hi Everyone

So now I don't know what to do. I wanted to go OUTLAND and be all done quicker but now I'm starting from scratch and the last 2 months have been a waste!! However if i send the application back as requested I should get an Open Work Permit in 4 months but PR would take 18m / 2yrs. I'm already in Canada as visitor and as I'm in Alberta I'm entitled to Healthcare and a Driving Licence now as my husband is a citizen.

Thank you so much
just an fyi, there is still no substantial proof it "only" takes 4 months from the day cic receives your application that you will receive the OWP. really, it's only been 3 months since the pilot program started, and very few people (or any) who applied after dec 22 have actually seen an owp. so, please don't be subject to the dangling carrot that is the owp pilot program, at least not until after April 22, when it can be confirmed whether it actually does only take 4 months. does the applicant already have a job waiting for them so that they can start immediately upon receiving the owp? if not, then i'd think very carefully about getting stuck in inland processing as a visa exempt applicant. if the applicant requires a visa, then the choice would depend on where their application would process. in the grand scheme of things, if it doesn't actually take only 4 months to get the owp, then there probably won't be much of a jump start over applying outland.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
mrsb2014 said:
Hi Everyone

I'm looking for some help as I am so upset and angry with myself for what Ive received today and cannot get through to CIC for help.

Whilst sending my OUTLAND application I accidentally printed off the INLAND document checklist, but somehow managed to send the OUTLAND sponsored spouse questionnaire. So had a letter and my application sent back today asking for the correct form IMM5285 which is the inland form not the outland. After looking at the OUTLAND checklist I've now go to redo a few forms too :(

I'm totally lost and just need some help if anyone has been in a similar situation...

Thank you so much
Where is the principal applicant from/which visa office would your application go to for stage 2?

No one can tell you what you should do, it is all about your priorities. If getting the applicant working is your number 1 then inland should be faster. I said should because the new scheme is not 4 months old yet and it remains to be seen how it play out.

Personally I am of the opinion that you should apply outland because in doing so you can leave the country if necessary, but I do not know which visa office would handle stage 2 for your application.

mrsb2014

Jan 14, 2015
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Apr 28 2015
File Transfer...
May 15 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 23 2014
andrew-brit said:
Where is the principal applicant from/which visa office would your application go to for stage 2?

No one can tell you what you should do, it is all about your priorities. If getting the applicant working is your number 1 then inland should be faster. I said should because the new scheme is not 4 months old yet and it remains to be seen how it play out.

Personally I am of the opinion that you should apply outland because in doing so you can leave the country if necessary, but I do not know which visa office would handle stage 2 for your application.
Hi Thanks for your quick responses.

I'm British so London.

Now I've calmed down and got a hold of my husband to chat I do want to stay Outland as kind of just want it over with.
Plus its not a priority for me to work.

I'm confused on what to do now though as my application went to inland. Do I just start again, discard the CIC letter from outland and send it in as new to inalnd? Or write an explanation letter?

Any advice greatly appreciated

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mrsb2014 said:
Hi Thanks for your quick responses.

I'm British so London.

Now I've calmed down and got a hold of my husband to chat I do want to stay Outland as kind of just want it over with.
Plus its not a priority for me to work.

I'm confused on what to do now though as my application went to inland. Do I just start again, discard the CIC letter from outland and send it in as new to inalnd? Or write an explanation letter?

Any advice greatly appreciated
write an explanation letter. the last thing you need is the application to come back again.

mmartin88

Feb 5, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Requested CSQs received: 05/03/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 (Wrongly registered INLAND application). NEW OUTLAND AOR: 08/02/2015
File Transfer...
25/02/2015 (retained in Mississagua)
Med's Done....
September/October 2014
Passport Req..
10/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received: 24/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/05/2015
andrew-brit said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding, even if you apply INland, you can still leave the country. However, it's not advised to as: 1) if you leave & for whatever reason and you are denied back into Canada, your application would be voided as you need to physically be in Canada when your PR is issued. & 2) If you are out of the country when your PR is issued, it's also voided.

So, again, please correct me if I'm wrong (I don't want to mis-inform anyone!), but being an inland doesn't necessarily legally obligate you to stay in Canada for the 2+ years it takes to process an inland application... It's simply seen as risky to leave due to the implications. Is that right?

So if someone who is visa exempted (ie: Brit Citizen) and has legal status in Canada (visitor/worker/whatever) does INLAND, could technically leave for say, a week to go back to England or wherever, and come back.

They just need to take into account the risks of leaving. Right?

mrsb2014

Jan 14, 2015
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Apr 28 2015
File Transfer...
May 15 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 23 2014
mmartin88 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from my understanding, even if you apply INland, you can still leave the country. However, it's not advised to as: 1) if you leave & for whatever reason and you are denied back into Canada, your application would be voided as you need to physically be in Canada when your PR is issued. & 2) If you are out of the country when your PR is issued, it's also voided.

So, again, please correct me if I'm wrong (I don't want to mis-inform anyone!), but being an inland doesn't necessarily legally obligate you to stay in Canada for the 2+ years it takes to process an inland application... It's simply seen as risky to leave due to the implications. Is that right?

So if someone who is visa exempted (ie: Brit Citizen) and has legal status in Canada (visitor/worker/whatever) does INLAND, could technically leave for say, a week to go back to England or wherever, and come back.

They just need to take into account the risks of leaving. Right?

That's the way i have always thought of it but I also figured if i left I'd be with my husband anyway so doubt i would be refused... but there's always a risk!

Either way I have now resent my correct application for Outland as I will have to go back during the inland process for a wedding so not worth the risk,its a lot of time and money to be thrown away if I'm refused entry!

Thanks for the support guys! This forum is a life saver!!! :-*

mrsb2014

Jan 14, 2015
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Apr 28 2015
File Transfer...
May 15 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 23 2014
sorry my post was added to the bottom of the quote then!

That's the way i have always thought of it but I also figured if i left I'd be with my husband anyway so doubt i would be refused... but there's always a risk!

Either way I have now resent my correct application for Outland as I will have to go back during the inland process for a wedding so not worth the risk,its a lot of time and money to be thrown away if I'm refused entry!

Thanks for the support guys! This forum is a life saver!!!