+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Feb 21, 2015
BritishBob said:
It should tell you that CIC will be in contact with you in some way or another (Sometimes email and sometimes by post). Click on the decision made and it should have a little transcript of the process.
When I click on it I pretty much just get a blank page. Unfortunately it doesnt say anything about how they will contact me.

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London (kept in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
nishra said:
its been almost a month after decision made and i still havnt received the COPR, i contact the agent last week and they confirmed me that my application has been approved and i should wait for COPR to sent to me, looking at this spreadsheet average waiting time is 2 weeks upto 4 weeks, the OTTAWA office looks like 2 weeks, but i am still havn't received mine!! what should i do?

thanks
Did you get a PPR or request for PR photos and a photocopy of the info passport page? How long has it been since you sent that off?

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
no i never been asked passport or photo's request, it just changed to decision made on 24th feb, since then i havnt received any mail, i contacted the agent 10 days ago and he said he confirmed that application is approved!! and the officer is finalizing my paper and i should recieve the COPR to mail my address, since then i havn't receive anything?? its strange coz it the spreadsheet showing it average time takes 2 weeks. and mine is been almost 1 month

Yomaben

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
London Uk
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02.02.14, resubmitted 17.06.14
AOR Received.
SA/ Approval 08.08.2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
26-03-14, re medical submitted 28-10-15
Interview........
21-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 17.11.15
LANDED..........
TBC
Hi Cassandra_1982
Congrats

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
Does anyone know how long it takes the London Visa Office to add new Information to your file when you send it to them? I emailed and posted (special delivery) a copy of my marriage certificate yesterday to them.

The reason I ask is that I have an application assignment date of 30th March 2015 on my GCMS notes, so I'm really hoping they add it to my file before then.

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
nishra said:
no i never been asked passport or photo's request, it just changed to decision made on 24th feb, since then i havnt received any mail, i contacted the agent 10 days ago and he said he confirmed that application is approved!! and the officer is finalizing my paper and i should recieve the COPR to mail my address, since then i havn't receive anything?? its strange coz it the spreadsheet showing it average time takes 2 weeks. and mine is been almost 1 month
I could be wrong, maybe one of the seniors can confirm but I was under the impression that once a You have DM, they either send a PPR or they request PR photos, updated info chart and photocopy of your passports info page. I don't know if it actually goes from DM to the COPR arriving in the mail.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
andyb2404 said:
I could be wrong, maybe one of the seniors can confirm but I was under the impression that once a You have DM, they either send a PPR or they request PR photos, updated info chart and photocopy of your passports info page. I don't know if it actually goes from DM to the COPR arriving in the mail.
After DM, it's usually just a straight shot to receiving the COPR. The majority of requests come before DM. Most visa-exempt applicants through London are never requested to send anything else in.

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
my visa office is Ottawa, looking at spreadhseet there is only 6 DM and 4 of them received COPR average time 2 weeks, someone is 1 week, Only Username ISH3 hasn't update since 2nd on jan, not sure if he/she has receieve the COPR or not, i am only one still waiting for COPR from Ottawa and it has been almost 4 weeks? what should i do? shall i contact them & chase up? how long does it usually takes to sent mail from canada to UK?

thanks for your support

acg

Feb 14, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
After DM, it's usually just a straight shot to receiving the COPR. The majority of requests come before DM. Most visa-exempt applicants through London are never requested to send anything else in.
If the application was retained in Mississauga (and maybe Ottawa too?) there's an option if you're outside Canada to get your COPR sent from the London office, so they seem to be requesting photocopy of info page from your passport, new PR photographs and updated information chart to be sent to London... I'm guessing this is because if the file is in Mississauga/Ottawa they don't have the photos/passport copy/info in London that they need to do up the COPR?

But, they also give the option of sending the passport photocopy, photos and updated info chart to Ottawa IF you're going to be in Canada for the next three months.. which may also make sense if they don't want to transfer the photos etc. from Mississauga to Ottawa..

Could this be correct? Did everyone who got DM from Mississauga get a request for these things?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Scotmoose said:
Does anyone know how long it takes the London Visa Office to add new Information to your file when you send it to them? I emailed and posted (special delivery) a copy of my marriage certificate yesterday to them.

The reason I ask is that I have an application assignment date of 30th March 2015 on my GCMS notes, so I'm really hoping they add it to my file before then.
When i sent them an email to correct address it took about 10 days before it showed up on ecas.They did confirm my email saying hat they would up date my file.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
nishra said:
my visa office is Ottawa, looking at spreadhseet there is only 6 DM and 4 of them received COPR average time 2 weeks, someone is 1 week, Only Username ISH3 hasn't update since 2nd on jan, not sure if he/she has receieve the COPR or not, i am only one still waiting for COPR from Ottawa and it has been almost 4 weeks? what should i do? shall i contact them & chase up? how long does it usually takes to sent mail from canada to UK?

thanks for your support

I would phone them to confirm it has been put in the mail.

If it has,I would say the hold up is due to Canada post.they are pretty useless.ive had things held up by the, for weeks for no aparant reason.
hopefully it shows up soon!keep us informed.

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
acg said:
If the application was retained in Mississauga (and maybe Ottawa too?) there's an option if you're outside Canada to get your COPR sent from the London office, so they seem to be requesting photocopy of info page from your passport, new PR photographs and updated information chart to be sent to London... I'm guessing this is because if the file is in Mississauga/Ottawa they don't have the photos/passport copy/info in London that they need to do up the COPR?

But, they also give the option of sending the passport photocopy, photos and updated info chart to Ottawa IF you're going to be in Canada for the next three months.. which may also make sense if they don't want to transfer the photos etc. from Mississauga to Ottawa..

Could this be correct? Did everyone who got DM from Mississauga get a request for these things?
My App was retained in Mississauga and I had the option of sending the photos and passport info copy to London or Ottawa. I sent it to Ottawa because I will be here in Canada for the next 3 months.
BritishBob is also waiting I believe.

Charlie_85

Feb 21, 2015
12/03/2015 - Extra docs required: additional proof of sponsor's intent to return to Canada and confirmation of current mailing address requested

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
sunsunsunsunsunsun said:
Online under Sponsorship Application Status it now says "decision made". When I click on it it doesnt tell me if the decision is good or bad. Does this mean I was approved as a sponsor?
ECAS never gives you details of the decision. You should receive something either in the post or in your email. Be sure to check spam and junk folders.

Scotmoose said:

No one knows for sure, it's a massive "it depends". After the package arrives at CIC's office it has to be opened and matched to your file - not sure how long that takes. I wouldn't put much weight in the assignment date, though, just sit tight and be patient. Stressing yourself out does absolutely no good to anyone.

andyb2404 said:
Not necessarily. MOST of the time extra documents are requested before DM. In a small number of cases, passport copies or photos are requested after ECAS changes. A good portion of people don't have any additional requests. So don't read into it if you haven't received any requests.

nishra said:

thanks for your support
Give it another 2 weeks then call them to chase it up. Please stop posting the same question 15 times. I'm pretty sure you've received the advice already that COPR can take up to 6-8 weeks to arrive in the post after ECAS changes to DM, plus you know you've already been approved because you were told that on the phone. Give it another two weeks and then call them up if you still haven't received anything. Oh, and calm down. Seriously.

Charlie_85 said:
12/03/2015 - Extra docs required: additional proof of sponsor's intent to return to Canada and confirmation of current mailing address requested
Updated, thanks!!

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Not necessarily. MOST of the time extra documents are requested before DM. In a small number of cases, passport copies or photos are requested after ECAS changes. A good portion of people don't have any additional requests. So don't read into it if you haven't received any requests.
Ah ok. Thanks!
I received the passport copies, photo and info chart request 3 days after receiving a DM, so I thought that was the normal procedure.