+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

mmartin88

Feb 5, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Requested CSQs received: 05/03/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 (Wrongly registered INLAND application). NEW OUTLAND AOR: 08/02/2015
File Transfer...
25/02/2015 (retained in Mississagua)
Med's Done....
September/October 2014
Passport Req..
10/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received: 24/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/05/2015
kettle said:
I definitely will. So far they have been sending all of their requests with the CIC letters as back up so we can see exactly what they are looking for.

Is it completely unheard of that they wouldn't require the letters of declaration? I have people willing to write them, its just unlikely they'll get them done and notarized before our appointment Tuesday. (Were actually 5 hours north of Edmonton, and the consultants office)

The SO is of the mind to wait until CIC requests them, which I disagree with to some extent.
Personally, I would submit them, after all, they are on the CIC checklist.

& re: the Tuesday appointment issue: You can always send them at a later date. Have your friends write them, find a notary/commisionner of oaths who is near you (you can research online where to find them), get the letters notarized, and when that's done, mail them to your firm for review, who can send them off to CIC and they will be added to your application.

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
mmartin88 said:
Personally, I would submit them, after all, they are on the CIC checklist.

& re: the Tuesday appointment issue: You can always send them at a later date. Have your friends write them, find a notary/commisionner of oaths who is near you (you can research online where to find them), get the letters notarized, and when that's done, mail them to your firm for review, who can send them off to CIC and they will be added to your application.
Great advice! Thanks.

I have a friend/acquaintance who is a notary who is willing to do them free of charge as soon as I ask. I just cleared it with him this morning. Are my Step Father and former boss/friend sufficient? We attended the bosses wedding early in our relationship is why I was asking. She sees us together fairly often as well. The Step Father seems pretty self explanatory to me.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
kettle said:
Great advice! Thanks.

I have a friend/acquaintance who is a notary who is willing to do them free of charge as soon as I ask. I just cleared it with him this morning. Are my Step Father and former boss/friend sufficient? We attended the bosses wedding early in our relationship is why I was asking. She sees us together fairly often as well. The Step Father seems pretty self explanatory to me.
I'm with mmartin, you're better off sending it - it's on the checklist, so get it out the door. You don't have to have it by Tuesday, just send it yourself as soon as you get it sorted. :)

The boss is fine, I'd re-think having the second notarized one be your stepfather, though... worth him writing a letter, but I'd get someone else to do the notarized one simply because he's such a close relation... dunno. Could go either wya. If you have a few other friends to ask it would be good getting them to write you letters, but you can just have two notarized. We sent I think a total of 10 from a mix of friends and family from both sides, and just two were notarized.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SchnookoLoly said:
The boss is fine, I'd re-think having the second notarized one be your stepfather, though... worth him writing a letter, but I'd get someone else to do the notarized one simply because he's such a close relation...
?

The closer, the better. Our parents wrote our notarized letters.

kettle said:
I definitely will. So far they have been sending all of their requests with the CIC letters as back up so we can see exactly what they are looking for.

Is it completely unheard of that they wouldn't require the letters of declaration? I have people willing to write them, its just unlikely they'll get them done and notarized before our appointment Tuesday. (Were actually 5 hours north of Edmonton, and the consultants office)

The SO is of the mind to wait until CIC requests them, which I disagree with to some extent.
Contrary to what the others have said, I'd ditch the consultant immediately and send off the Use of Representative form to CIC revoking authority. I'd also be asking for a refund and not paying a single cent more to them, as there were a LOT of really stupid mistakes made.

As I said before, you can bypass the lawyer when submitting things like the letter and the PCC and just send it to CIC yourselves.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
canuck_in_uk said:
?

The closer, the better. Our parents wrote our notarized letters.
I only said that because it feels like family has a more vested interest. Ultimately as long as it's 2 notarized it probably doesn't matter massively.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
canuck_in_uk said:
Contrary to what the others have said, I'd ditch the consultant immediately and send off the Use of Representative form to CIC revoking authority. I'd also be asking for a refund and not paying a single cent more to them, as there were a LOT of really stupid mistakes made.

As I said before, you can bypass the lawyer when submitting things like the letter and the PCC and just send it to CIC yourselves.
I'm with you, I'd not want to pay them another cent!

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mmartin88 said:
Kettle should definitely hold on to her lawyer. I assume when her firm submitted the application, all correspondence is being sent directly to whatever firm she used, be it via email OR by mail (is this correct? CIC sends SA, AORs etc to the FIRM who then forwards it to you, Kettle?)

The last thing you want to do is get rid of the lawyer, have him/her receive some important document from CIC, and have him or her send it back to CIC with a notice saying, we are no longer representing this client, please contact her directly.

At this point, unless the lawyer is charging you an arm and a leg, is just to stick it out with him/her, and take everything he or she tells you with a grain of salt, read up on sponsorship requirements on your own as well to make sure it all goes smoothly!
To the bold, yes that is correct. The consultant isnt charging by the hour, or an arm and a leg. The other half most definitely doesn't want to stop using them.

I think I am caught up on what else they might expect, I have begun chasing down letters just in case they request them. The essay and proof of cohabitation are pretty solid on their own there isn't any grey area at all I am afraid.

mmartin88

Feb 5, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/10/2014
Doc's Request.
Requested CSQs received: 05/03/2015
AOR Received.
30/01/2015 (Wrongly registered INLAND application). NEW OUTLAND AOR: 08/02/2015
File Transfer...
25/02/2015 (retained in Mississagua)
Med's Done....
September/October 2014
Passport Req..
10/04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received: 24/04/2015
LANDED..........
02/05/2015
kettle said:
To the bold, yes that is correct. The consultant isnt charging by the hour, or an arm and a leg. The other half most definitely doesn't want to stop using them.

I think I am caught up on what else they might expect, I have begun chasing down letters just in case they request them. The essay and proof of cohabitation are pretty solid on their own there isn't any grey area at all I am afraid.
Also, I see a lot of people suggesting you just send letters and documents to CIC YOURSELF.

Before doing this, be sure to read over your contract that binds you with your lawyer/consultant firm.

If one of the clauses states something like they have the sole authority to represent you, then you submitting directly to CIC and by-passing them (by? bi?) is a breachment of the terms of the contract you signed. This could have all sorts of consequences, as it makes them no longer liable for your application. Depending on your agreement, they could even terminate their mandate with you due to the fact you breached a clause.

If you choose to ditch your consultant, notify CIC, change addresses etc etc etc, then that's fine (I advise against it at this point, but it's ultimately your choice). But be wary of ligering in between doing it on your own while you are still bound to the lawyer.

christof135

Mar 18, 2015
christof135 said:
Once a request for passports is sent from cic, how long does it take for them to return the passports? It can't be long surely? Or I wouldn't be able leave the country for ages....?
Any senior members got an answer for this?

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
mmartin88 said:
Also, I see a lot of people suggesting you just send letters and documents to CIC YOURSELF.

Before doing this, be sure to read over your contract that binds you with your lawyer/consultant firm.

If one of the clauses states something like they have the sole authority to represent you, then you submitting directly to CIC and by-passing them (by? bi?) is a breachment of the terms of the contract you signed. This could have all sorts of consequences, as it makes them no longer liable for your application. Depending on your agreement, they could even terminate their mandate with you due to the fact you breached a clause.

If you choose to ditch your consultant, notify CIC, change addresses etc etc etc, then that's fine (I advise against it at this point, but it's ultimately your choice). But be wary of ligering in between doing it on your own while you are still bound to the lawyer.
Thank you for the sage advice. Ditching the consultant isnt something I'd take lightly. Since we've paid her and upfront for courier fees I'd sooner see her send the documents as required. (Forgive me if this makes some of you want to pull your hair out)

I just checked online and was actually able to find our file. (they had the country of birth wrong, England instead of Wales) and it is just showing "Application Recieved" so perhaps we're not as far along as I had hoped. :/

ETA:

Thank you ALL for your advice, I didnt mean to single one person out and thank them specifically or try to make anyone feel as though their advice wasn't appreciated. It is ALL appreciated!

Feb 21, 2015
Online under Sponsorship Application Status it now says "decision made". When I click on it it doesnt tell me if the decision is good or bad. Does this mean I was approved as a sponsor?

BritishBob

Oct 22, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Retained in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/12/2014
AOR Received.
21/02/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
02/06/2015
It should tell you that CIC will be in contact with you in some way or another (Sometimes email and sometimes by post). Click on the decision made and it should have a little transcript of the process.

Jan 23, 2015
I'm so excited we got AOR today!! ;D 8)

Just wondering if I can be updated on the spreadsheet..
And it was the 22nd of Jan hey recieved application not 14th and medical was done the 12th of Jan

Omg I'm so happy
I can't wait for the next stage now

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Cassandra_1982 said:
I'm so excited we got AOR today!! ;D 8)

Just wondering if I can be updated on the spreadsheet..
And it was the 22nd of Jan hey recieved application not 14th and medical was done the 12th of Jan

Omg I'm so happy
I can't wait for the next stage now
Spreadsheet updated!

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
its been almost a month after decision made and i still havnt received the COPR, i contact the agent last week and they confirmed me that my application has been approved and i should wait for COPR to sent to me, looking at this spreadsheet average waiting time is 2 weeks upto 4 weeks, the OTTAWA office looks like 2 weeks, but i am still havn't received mine!! what should i do?

thanks