+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
NVJ said:
I was really excited/hopeful that between the first and the 5th of March that they seemed to get through 2 weeks of applications for sponsor approval (according to spreadsheet) but since then there has been no movement. I check every day willing for dates to start moving onto the 2015 spreadsheet. Waiting was never my strong point!! :eek:
the processing time for sponsor approval has no bearing on the sponsoring at visa offices around the world. the opposite has also been seen: SA takes substantially long when visa offices take less time to process. they are 2 different things, done by different offices.

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
the processing time for sponsor approval has no bearing on the sponsoring at visa offices around the world. the opposite has also been seen: SA takes substantially long when visa offices take less time to process. they are 2 different things, done by different offices.
Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I was saying, I wasn't taking about the 2 different things. I was just noticing that on the spreadsheet during the first 5 days of March people who had sent their applications between December 2nd and Dec 15th had received SA. That seemed to be moving quickly. But since that time no more people have updated their SA status (so it looks like its slowing...even though it might just be that people are not updating). It's like the saying "a watched pot never boils".

Petitepoutine

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014; 16-03-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-07-2015
Yay! We have movement in Ottawa. We received an email today from the VO requesting my husband's CSQ (which is odd, since the Québec immigration ministry should have forwarded it automatically); more evidence of my intention to return to Canada (as I, the sponsor, am currently living in the UK) and confirmation of my husband's postal address.

We are visiting Québec next week to look for an apartment, so we'll document our search and (hopefully) our lease agreement. I'm hoping that will be sufficient proof of my intention to return, as I don't have a job offer or a plane ticket yet...

I'm a bit bummed that this might delay our application further (they gave us 45 days to comply), but relieved to finally see some movement.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Petitepoutine said:
Yay! We have movement in Ottawa. We received an email today from the VO requesting my husband's CSQ (which is odd, since the Québec immigration ministry should have forwarded it automatically); more evidence of my intention to return to Canada (as I, the sponsor, am currently living in the UK) and confirmation of my husband's postal address.

We are visiting Québec next week to look for an apartment, so we'll document our search and (hopefully) our lease agreement. I'm hoping that will be sufficient proof of my intention to return, as I don't have a job offer or a plane ticket yet...

I'm a bit bummed that this might delay our application further (they gave us 45 days to comply), but relieved to finally see some movement.
It sounds like they are nearing the end of your application, usually address confirmations come towards the end. So that's a good thing! Proof of intent is easy - just provide your game plan and including evidence of your apartment search and/or lease will be excellent. It is not likely to be much of a delay! Fingers crossed! Spreadsheet updated. :)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
NVJ said:
Sorry, I think you misunderstood what I was saying, I wasn't taking about the 2 different things. I was just noticing that on the spreadsheet during the first 5 days of March people who had sent their applications between December 2nd and Dec 15th had received SA. That seemed to be moving quickly. But since that time no more people have updated their SA status (so it looks like its slowing...even though it might just be that people are not updating). It's like the saying "a watched pot never boils".
oh I see, my appologies. actually it seems to be speeding up for SA again. January applicants are reporting getting AOR and SA, so it seems it's back down to 65ish days.

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
oh I see, my appologies. actually it seems to be speeding up for SA again. January applicants are reporting getting AOR and SA, so it seems it's back down to 65ish days.
That's good news! :D

nishra

Nov 6, 2014
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
PBA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-JUN-14
AOR Received.
22-AUG-14
File Transfer...
22-AUG-14
Med's Done....
22-JUN-14
Interview........
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
24-FEB-15 DECISION MADE
lsh3 said:
Hello!
We have almost identical timelines. I think we just have to wait for something to come in the mail telling us if we have been approved or not. We haven't got our letter yet. Very anxious to (hopefully) get some good news! Good luck!! :)
hello.

just curious, did you receive your COPR yet? i checked the spreadhseet and it shows that your decision made on 5th jan but you havnt receive your COPR yet? its strange only 2 apps from feb decision made have received the COPR, mine is been almost 3 weeks!!!

janicenewk

Feb 19, 2015
Hey all,

Can anyone explain to me about the medical examination that is required for my common-law partner? The Documents checklist I have says it is required, but when my boyfriend called Dublin to make an appointment their office told him that I need to send in my application first, then come for a medical. Is this true?
I have been reading a few threads and some people are saying that they mailed a medical WITH tiehr first application, and some are saying they didnt, and CIC contacted them requesting it. I dont want to prolong the visa process any more than necessasry by not including the medical, but i am confused.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
The doctor in Dublin is incorrect. You *HAVE* to send your medical with your application. Be sure to specify to the doctor that it's for a family class application, NOT a working permit application, and that the medical has to be done beforehand. If he refuses, then find another doctor who isn't inept. :)

See the FAQ in my signature and search for "medical" for more. :)

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
janicenewk said:
Hey all,

Can anyone explain to me about the medical examination that is required for my common-law partner? The Documents checklist I have says it is required, but when my boyfriend called Dublin to make an appointment their office told him that I need to send in my application first, then come for a medical. Is this true?
I have been reading a few threads and some people are saying that they mailed a medical WITH tiehr first application, and some are saying they didnt, and CIC contacted them requesting it. I dont want to prolong the visa process any more than necessasry by not including the medical, but i am confused.
[/q

The DR is getting confused. You must tell them its an upfront medical. No forms to take with you and no you don't send your application first.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
janicenewk said:
Hey all,

Its called an e medical which generates a bar code, this is sent directly from your Dr to CiC. They will give you a copy and you will attach this to your application. You will also need an xray and some blood work . You will have to take some ID with you normally a passport .

janicenewk

Feb 19, 2015
OK, thank you! Also, we are still waiting on a criminal record check to come through from the Republic (which could take up to 3 weeks)- Because there is a chance for medical's to expire during the visa process--would you recommend waiting until we receive the criminal record check before getting a medical (ex. doing the medical very last)?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
janicenewk said:
OK, thank you! Also, we are still waiting on a criminal record check to come through from the Republic (which could take up to 3 weeks)- Because there is a chance for medical's to expire during the visa process--would you recommend waiting until we receive the criminal record check before getting a medical (ex. doing the medical very last)?

Sorry couldn't get back on the site. You have to have your police reports in before the 3 months, but your medicals you do not. Its a tough one, but personally i would just go and do them now or next week or the week after. The reason i say this is because in Canada my husband was able to get an appointment the next day. My step son in the U.K. had to wait 3 weeks then she cancelled then we made another appointment and she cancelled again . They only had 1 panel Dr that we could go see. So its up to you how you feel. My husband had his medicals extended by CIC.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hafiz_faiq said:
I want to know that if I come on visitor visa and applied for right to work so can I get it? Because it was a mistake of CIC for taking so long to decide my case however the timeline was 11 months from London UK.
You can come to Canada as a visitor but have no right to apply for a work permit based on your spousal app.

Your app was transferred from Islamabad, so the 11 month processing time does not apply to you.

acg

Feb 14, 2015
janicenewk said:
Police certificates in Dublin don't usually take that long (I requested one last Monday and got it last Friday), but I don't know if you're requesting from outside Ireland. Also, if you are in Canada I'd recommend getting the visa medical done there... it's €300 to get it done in Ireland and I think I paid $220 (about €160) including chest x ray/bloods in Canada (I got two medicals because my first one ran out).
Also, you can definitely get it done before you apply in Dublin (I did this). The visa medical centre (in the Mater) is the same one for all categories for Canada and Australia, so it's likely the secretary is confused.