+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
^It's also useful for the spreadsheet if we know the nationality of the applicant, if you are comfortable to say. If not then no worries. :)

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
SchnookoLoly, Thank you for your effort and the time you put here to answer our questions :) I am trying to be patient and just wait for the good news.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Hi guys,

I applied for PR under spousal category.
we are not living in Canada,, my spouse is a CANADIAN citizen though..

I am from a non-visa exempt country. Our current residential address changes a month ago.. how can i notify CIC about my current residential address change., because there is no option in ECAS.

while for the Permanent address, we use her parents home address in Canada, which is still the same.
So the only problem is that we have a new current address, how can we notify CIC. I mean on which address will they send COPR to me. Should I wait for the PP request? DO they send COPR on the same address from where the Passport is basically sent to them (Senders address)

kindly help

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
sh52 said:
Thanks!

How do I know which ones are Pakistani Apps that have been transferred directly to LVO?
All of the listed PK are those whose files are directly sent from MISSISSAUGA to LVO
Did you already got the PP request or whats ur status in ECAS now?

rays17026

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Hello Members

As mentioned before that I finally got my SA and my file was transferred to LVO in January 2015.
Yesterday we got an email from London asking to send in new immigration pics because they were not the right specification size.
My question is asking this early in the stage is that a good thing or why did we get asked to send in the right size of the pictures so early as it has not even been a month since our file was transferred.

Second question is that we mailed them the right size pics. But do we also have to email them as well to let them know that we have been mailed the information they were looking for or the mail once delivered will be sufficient enough.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

HaHi

Oct 10, 2014
Hi, I have an update for the spreadsheet:

My husband (currently in Pakistan) received an email on 14 January 2015 from LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca. The immigration officer expressed concerns regarding the validity of our marriage and therefore, sponsorship application, because we had not submitted the Provincial marriage certificate (our wedding was in Canada- my husband and his immediate family came to Canada on a Visitor Visa). We ordered the marriage certificate and replied by email on 19 January 2015, with a scanned copy of the certificate. We clarified that we mistook another submitted document for the marriage certificate (true!) and that we have mailed a certified copy to the address provided (we sent it by registered mail and it was delivered 23 January 2015).

I'm just wondering when we'll hear back, hopefully for a re-medical request.
We haven't received any further communication and the online application status says 'Application received'

Thanks!

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
rays17026 said:
Hello Members

As mentioned before that I finally got my SA and my file was transferred to LVO in January 2015.
Yesterday we got an email from London asking to send in new immigration pics because they were not the right specification size.
My question is asking this early in the stage is that a good thing or why did we get asked to send in the right size of the pictures so early as it has not even been a month since our file was transferred.

Second question is that we mailed them the right size pics. But do we also have to email them as well to let them know that we have been mailed the information they were looking for or the mail once delivered will be sufficient enough.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Reply to Q1 ... Its good that they have started processing your file...but they need all the documents and PIX to be correct..so dont make further inferences, its good for you that they are going through your file...just send them PIX of right specs..

Reply to Q2... You dont have to email, Mail is sufficient, you may track the status of your email.. Because LVO specially dont reply to emails , unless the email is very relevant or there is some real query...but if you are still double minded, just email them too but dont expect any reply or acknowledgement email (speaking from experience)

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
HaHi said:
Hi, I have an update for the spreadsheet:

My husband (currently in Pakistan) received an email on 14 January 2015 from LDNIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca. The immigration officer expressed concerns regarding the validity of our marriage and therefore, sponsorship application, because we had not submitted the Provincial marriage certificate (our wedding was in Canada- my husband and his immediate family came to Canada on a Visitor Visa). We ordered the marriage certificate and replied by email on 19 January 2015, with a scanned copy of the certificate. We clarified that we mistook another submitted document for the marriage certificate (true!) and that we have mailed a certified copy to the address provided (we sent it by registered mail and it was delivered 23 January 2015).

I'm just wondering when we'll hear back, hopefully for a re-medical request.
We haven't received any further communication and the online application status says 'Application received'

Thanks!
Spreadsheet updated. Did the e-mail give you a number of days to send in the requested document, such as 30/45/60 days? If so you will probably have to wait until that number of days has elapsed.

HaHi

Oct 10, 2014
andrew-brit said:
Spreadsheet updated. Did the e-mail give you a number of days to send in the requested document, such as 30/45/60 days? If so you will probably have to wait until that number of days has elapsed.
Thanks. They gave him 60 days to reply. I'm really hoping our file isn't just going to sit there until March. I'm going to contact the office to see if we can get the file under review given that we've now passed 11 months.

aaron black

Feb 5, 2015
Hi,

Im just wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple questions. I am a UK resident (though am currently travelling) and i am applying for a Working Holiday Visa to work in Canada this month to live with my current girlfriend aswell (to whom i am marrying later this year). They have now changed their policy and so are giving 2 years for the lucky ones who recieve it. We are looking to apply for me to become PR and i feel that if i receive a WHV, it would give me enough time to apply inland or outland whilst i am over there and would recieve PR before the two years are up. What i am more concerned about is if I do not recieve a working holiday visa. From what i have read it takes approximately 1 year if applying OUTLAND but can still head to Canada for short periods of time and she cannot leave. However i read if applying for INLAND it takes much longer to get PR though after 4 months you receive an Open Work Permit.

My main questions are, aslong as the papers are correct. How likely is it that it will take no longer than four months to be granted OWP and would i be allowed to go over on just a visitor visa and within the first couple days apply for INLAND with what then would be my current wife? And then when my visitor visa get close to expiring i can then extend?

much appreciated for any help that you can give.

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
shy_guy said:
Hi guys,

I applied for PR under spousal category.
we are not living in Canada,, my spouse is a CANADIAN citizen though..

I am from a non-visa exempt country. Our current residential address changes a month ago.. how can i notify CIC about my current residential address change., because there is no option in ECAS.

while for the Permanent address, we use her parents home address in Canada, which is still the same.
So the only problem is that we have a new current address, how can we notify CIC. I mean on which address will they send COPR to me. Should I wait for the PP request? DO they send COPR on the same address from where the Passport is basically sent to them (Senders address)

kindly help
use this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=london&_ga=1.57280878.59491614.1419065779 I also notified LVO regarding my job change status last month

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
GISGeek said:
use this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=london&_ga=1.57280878.59491614.1419065779 I also notified LVO regarding my job change status last month
Thanks..
Do LVO acknowledge by email after you send that form. How long do they take to send you an acknowledgement email..

RideOrDie

Dec 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th November 2014
AOR Received.
22nd January 2015 SA Received...: 26th January 2015 Via email
File Transfer...
26th January 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
ECAS Changed"In Process" 4th September 2015...ECAS Changed "Decision Made"on 21st September 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Received 23rd September 2015
Hi Everyone,

I received SA on 26th January 2015 and my application was sent to LVO, my ECAS has been updated 2 days after receiving SA in the perminant residence section to "medicals received".

My question is does LVO send out AOR?

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
No they don't.

RideOrDie said:
Hi Everyone,

I received SA on 26th January 2015 and my application was sent to LVO, my ECAS has been updated 2 days after receiving SA in the perminant residence section to "medicals received".

My question is does LVO send out AOR?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
aaron black said:
Hi,

Im just wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple questions. I am a UK resident (though am currently travelling) and i am applying for a Working Holiday Visa to work in Canada this month to live with my current girlfriend aswell (to whom i am marrying later this year). They have now changed their policy and so are giving 2 years for the lucky ones who recieve it. We are looking to apply for me to become PR and i feel that if i receive a WHV, it would give me enough time to apply inland or outland whilst i am over there and would recieve PR before the two years are up. What i am more concerned about is if I do not recieve a working holiday visa. From what i have read it takes approximately 1 year if applying OUTLAND but can still head to Canada for short periods of time and she cannot leave. However i read if applying for INLAND it takes much longer to get PR though after 4 months you receive an Open Work Permit.

My main questions are, aslong as the papers are correct. How likely is it that it will take no longer than four months to be granted OWP and would i be allowed to go over on just a visitor visa and within the first couple days apply for INLAND with what then would be my current wife? And then when my visitor visa get close to expiring i can then extend?

much appreciated for any help that you can give.
My first suggestion would be to sit down with a cup of tea and read this article thoroughly: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada It answers most of the questions in your post. My brief thoughts:

--Inland takes OVER two years to get PR. Outland takes an average of 8 months, faster if your application stays in Canada. See the spreadsheet linked in my signature of an idea of processing times.
--You can remain in Canada as a visitor while your application is being processed. Read the section about waiting in Canada under dual intent in the wiki article I gave you.
--There is no requirement for your sponsor to remain in Canada.
--Yes, if you apply inland, you may get an OWP within 4 months. That seems to be pretty accurate timescales right now. Read the wiki to understand pros and cons of inland vs outland.