+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sarahelf

Jan 27, 2015
Hi thank you all for your helpful information. Just a quick one from me: my boyfriend and I will be common law on September 1st 2015. My IEC Visa runs out on the 5th of September, but I am planning on submitting a visitors visa to stay here for a couple more months. I am starting to get my PR application ready now, so that when it comes to the time we are common law, I can submit the application to CIC. However, I need to work back in the UK whilst it is in progress. Will my boyfriend and I lose common law status if I go back to the UK to work whilst the application is in progress? I want to stay with him, but there is no way of supporting myself if I stay. Thanks for any information.

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
nishra said:
Hello Guys!!

Since 12 Januray 2015 my application status has changed to "In Process" and i check 4 times a day and its still showing "In Process" by looking at spreadsheet its showing avearge time changing from In Process to Decison Made is 2 weeks? and mine is been 2 weeks exact? how long do you think i can wait?

Good Luck everyone !!
Hi Nishra,

I've been in Process since the 15th Jan and I too check daily! I'm being processed via London though so I think you will get DM before me! Hopefully we'll both get news very soon.....

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Hi,
Two month ago I got ATIP notes which says that all my background checks are passed. I also sent a document to them 6th of October and they said that it will take up to 4 month to verify it!!

Today our local MP came with the news that my background is still in process! and needs a case officer to review it and we still should wait until early May. My application is in London from January 2014.

I want to know if there is a way to push them or even sue CIC? Only checking a document is not a big job, but they do not consider my application.

I appreciate any help guys. Thank you.

prairiegirl22

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (via UK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 27-08-15, COPR: 20-11-15
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the passport request that comes when they start processing your application. My partner is visa exempt (Australian) so we know that we will not have to submit his physical passport. However, I've seen on this thread that you often get asked for a photocopy - is this of the first page only? (which we already submitted with the app) or of the whole book?

The reason I ask is that he is applying for his first British passport by March and he needs to send his current Aussie passport in for that application which is 6+ weeks processing time. There is a good chance the request from CIC will come when we don't have the passport so I'm trying to anticipate what they might need from us regarding that all important document!

Thanks in advance

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Okay, a zillion posts being answered all in one.

smily_S said:
Hi SchnookoLoly,

are those applications (of Pak) transferred directly from Mississauga to LVO being deal as from standard countries?
The applications on the spreadsheet are the ones that were sent directly from Mississauga to London. Anything that went via Islamabad and was later transferred to London is not included on the spreadsheet. "Standard countries" refers to the applications that would have gone through London anyway - that is, applications made by Brits, Swedish, Irish, etc.

Scotmoose said:
Does anyone know if the visa agents in London, who process the spousal sponsorship will be pulled to work on IEC when it opens mid Februrary? I'm more just asking to see if they'll be a slowdown for a couple of months after it opens.
Resources get shuffled around as required. Everything slows down in January because a load of streams re-open, not just IEC. This includes Express Entry, Grandparent Sponsorship, and so on.

Sibby said:
Quick question, originally submitted application in November and recently received email requesting for form 5406. I sent the form and saw confirmation of delivery.

My question is does anyone know if our application will go to the back of the queue or will they just update that they received missing form and be processed like a november application. Wondering if anyone has ever had any experience with that kind of situation.

Secondly what are the chances they will ask for new police clearance as the three month period will probably have lapsed by time they look at application.
Sometimes it goes to the back, and sometimes it does not. Hard to say. Your best indication is to look at the spreadsheet. The Notes column shows where people have had additional requests (info, documents, etc); you can see how their timelines have or have not varied.

DPParmar said:
Quick question, just in the process of filling out forms and gathering docs. For the Sponsorship Evaluation Form (IMM 5481), when it asks for your employment info, do you put current currency (£) or do you have to convert to CAD $?
I would put it in CAD. Use the current exchange rate. On a separate sheet of paper, write out your calculation, something like:
Original earning in GBP: £50,000
Exchange rate used: 1.90 on 3-Feb-2015
CAD equivalent: $94,822
(all figures fictional just for the purposes of illustration!)

Sibby said:
Hi all, I have another question which I hope someone will be able to help with. My sponsor has a child from a previous relationship
The child doesnt live in canada and lives in a different country with her mother. My husband (sponsor) is supporting her financially. Question is should I have included her as my dependent on form IMM 0008 or not. I didnt include her as I didnt think she was my dependent but now that I have been asked for missing IMM 5406, this got me thinking. I did put her on form 5406 under section B (children) as it lists step children as well.

She is not part of my pr application and is not coming toncanada but will remain living with her mother. Just so confused now. Would appreciate any help on this.
The child is probably already Canadian and therefore does not need to be included. Canadian children are not included on the application form at all.

sarahelf said:
Hi thank you all for your helpful information. Just a quick one from me: my boyfriend and I will be common law on September 1st 2015. My IEC Visa runs out on the 5th of September, but I am planning on submitting a visitors visa to stay here for a couple more months. I am starting to get my PR application ready now, so that when it comes to the time we are common law, I can submit the application to CIC. However, I need to work back in the UK whilst it is in progress. Will my boyfriend and I lose common law status if I go back to the UK to work whilst the application is in progress? I want to stay with him, but there is no way of supporting myself if I stay. Thanks for any information.
There has been a lot of debate about this. If you leave Canada right after you file your application then CIC may -- MAY -- get grumpy about it - you would have only just qualified, so you'd need to be 100% sure that they will deem your one-year living together as sufficient. Most people who aren't living together have qualified as common-law for awhile, which CIC does allow. Of course, the shorter the relationship and common-law status, the riskier it is. Given that you are right on the cusp, I would suggest either staying in Canada as a visitor, having your boyfriend accompany you to the UK, or getting married and applying as a married couple, where living apart is not taken into (as much) consideration.

If you must live separately, I would suggest trying to remain living together until you at least have sponsor approval through. Alternatively, consider applying inland (then you will definitely not be able to go back to the UK) and you can get a work permit after 4 months, as long as you are fine for the actual PR to take over two years to be in hand.

saeedar said:
Hi,
Two month ago I got ATIP notes which says that all my background checks are passed. I also sent a document to them 6th of October and they said that it will take up to 4 month to verify it!!

Today our local MP came with the news that my background is still in process! and needs a case officer to review it and we still should wait until early May. My application is in London from January 2014.

I want to know if there is a way to push them or even sue CIC? Only checking a document is not a big job, but they do not consider my application.

I appreciate any help guys. Thank you.
Sue CIC? For what? Forget that. That's ridiculous. You are in a lineup with hundreds of other people. Relax.

I know you have been waiting for ages, but you are from a non-visa-exempt country and those applications do take a lot longer. The thing is that now your application has been in London for 13 months, which is over their advertised 11, so all you can do is email them to ask for an update. But you have already gotten your MP involved, and you have your case notes, so there's not much more you can do for now but continue to wait.

They aren't out to get you, they aren't holding your application back as a joke - it is an official immigration process and for some people it takes a long time, and for some people it takes a very long time. It's possible there are flags in your application. It's possible that your background checks are completed, but came back with flags, so further checks are required.

Yes it's frustrating, but there isn't much you can do but continue to wait. Give it 2-3 weeks and then chase up with an email again. Badgering them won't accomplish anything since you already have your notes, and you've already gotten your MP involved.

prairiegirl22 said:
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the passport request that comes when they start processing your application. My partner is visa exempt (Australian) so we know that we will not have to submit his physical passport. However, I've seen on this thread that you often get asked for a photocopy - is this of the first page only? (which we already submitted with the app) or of the whole book?

The reason I ask is that he is applying for his first British passport by March and he needs to send his current Aussie passport in for that application which is 6+ weeks processing time. There is a good chance the request from CIC will come when we don't have the passport so I'm trying to anticipate what they might need from us regarding that all important document!

Thanks in advance
They will ask for the whole passport, in colour, all pages, front and back, including the blank ones. Your photocopies should make their own 'full passport'.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Hi SchnookoLoly,

I have noticed that you are very active memeber and helpful and I would like to know if you or other senior member have answer to my query below

I have applied for Family class sponsorship under spousal category, Outland application. I am from non-visa exempt country.
So my question is If i can possibly delay the passport request for 1 or two month if I am not ready to travel to Canada that time. I mean , Given the fact, that there is so uncertainty about our application and God knows when I am going to get PP request and decision made on ECAS.

So I am just curious to find out if its possible for instance if I am traveling at the time of Passport (PP) request or about to travel in near future for business purposes and unable to submit my passport. Kindly help in this regard.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
shy_guy said:
Hi SchnookoLoly,

I have noticed that you are very active memeber and helpful and I would like to know if you or other senior member have answer to my query below

I have applied for Family class sponsorship under spousal category, Outland application. I am from non-visa exempt country.
So my question is If i can possibly delay the passport request for 1 or two month if I am not ready to travel to Canada that time. I mean , Given the fact, that there is so uncertainty about our application and God knows when I am going to get PP request and decision made on ECAS.

So I am just curious to find out if its possible for instance if I am traveling at the time of Passport (PP) request or about to travel in near future for business purposes and unable to submit my passport. Kindly help in this regard.
I don't know for sure, but usually when you get a request from CIC, you're given a time period in which you have to respond. SO when they ask for your passport, you'll have 30 days (or something similar) to send it in. You can try emailing them if you get the request at an inopportune time, but no guarantees they'll be okay with it. So your best bet will be to just deal with the request when it arrives.

As for moving to Canada, when your COPR is issued, it will have an expiry date on it. You simply have to show up at a Canadian border (land or air) before that date - but you do not have to MOVE on that date. You can show up, land (activate PR) and then turn around and leave on the next flight. BUT your PR clock starts ticking. So let's say that you get approval later this year, and your COPR is issued with an expiry date of 1 October 2015. That means you'll have until 1 October 2015 to show up at the Canadian border. You do this in August, on 15 August 2015. You stay for a week, and leave on 23 August 2015 back to wherever you are now until you can sort yourself out properly to move.

Your clock starts ticking on 15 August 2015. That means that between that date and 14 August 2020 you have to accumulate 730 days in Canada in order to maintain your PR (or living abroad with your Canadian spouse). So you'd have until spring/summer 2018 (roughly) to move and maintain your PR.

Hope that helps.

(PS: Be sure to do a search of previous threads both on here and on BritishExpats.com as you will find a lot of these questions are commonly asked and answered.)

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Thanks Sir...

very Satisfactory response..I am thankful...
I was just curious...let see..hopefully my plans doesnot conflict with CIC request of PP..

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
shy_guy said:
Thanks Sir...

very Satisfactory response..I am thankful...
I was just curious...let see..hopefully my plans doesnot conflict with CIC request of PP..
I'm not a sir... and you are welcome. :)

Sibby

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
IMM 5406 27 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
25 Sept 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 31 October 2015 - COPR arrived 16 December 2015
LANDED..........
18 December 2015!!!
Schnookololy... you are a star. Thanks for taking the time to reply and give sound advice.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Krrrsta said:
Lawyer has sent off our application today! Here's hoping for super fast processing lol
Awesome, if you want to be added to the spreasheet then let me know whether you applied Married or CL and where you're located, then either I or Andrew will add you! :)

andyb2404

Star Member
Jul 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London (kept in Mississauga)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Doc's Request.
22-02-2015
AOR Received.
20-02-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
March 27th 2015
LANDED..........
April 4th 2015
Does anyone have any experience switching from an IEC to visitor status while awaiting for an outland PR application?

I mailed off my application at the end of November so we should be clearing stage one in the next month or so fingers crossed, now my 2nd IEC expires early April.
I understand I need to switch my status 30-40 days before my IEC expires but does anyone know if I should ask for 12 months as a visitor or 6 months to see me through the rest of the PR process? Neither my wife or I do well when we are apart from each other.
Has anyone ever been rejected when changing their status to visitor after an IEC while waiting for PR?
We will be submitting proof that my wife can financially support me while I am a on visitor status and proof of enough funds for a flight back to the UK if need be.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
andyb2404 said:
I understand I need to switch my status 30-40 days before my IEC expires but does anyone know if I should ask for 12 months as a visitor or 6 months to see me through the rest of the PR process? Neither my wife or I do well when we are apart from each other.
Has anyone ever been rejected when changing their status to visitor after an IEC while waiting for PR?
We will be submitting proof that my wife can financially support me while I am a on visitor status and proof of enough funds for a flight back to the UK if need be.
Though CIC recommends applying to change your status 30 days before your status expires, you can actually apply up to the day before. Ask for one year. With proof of sufficient finances and proof of the PR app, there is pretty much no chance of being refused.

rays17026

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Hi fellow members. Can you please help me. So I have finally got my sponsor approval.

My question is that in my Sponsor approval it states that my file has been forwarded to the visa office abroad for further processing and lists this address below.

London
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
2-4 Cockspur Street
Westminster, London
SWIY 5DH, United Kingdom

I though that London Visa Office had moved in December to the new address at Canada House, Trafalgar Square, London.

So is the file transferred to the correct address?

The other question is that I know London Visa Office doesn't issue AOR. So how will I ever find out as to when my file has reached LVO and at what date do I start counting the 11 months for the processing times. Should I order notes or what should I do.

I will be extremely grateful to anyone who can guide me in the right direction and answer these questions at the top. Thanks in advance.