+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
We received COPR today. I guess we're going to make a trip to Montana over the holidays.
It is conditional that we remain in a relationship for 2 years. We've been living together 5 years, but married for just under 2 years. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be conditional if we hadn't gotten married!!

Our application took just over a year. I have no idea what we would have done had my husband not been able to obtain a working holiday visa while we waited. I never imaged in was going to take this long.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Moun7 said:
Hi
I applied outland London for my wife's sponsorship in May 2014 and the status still reads "application received".
This is taking so long but on the other hand she just received multiple entry visitor visa to come and visit me in Feb. 2015. She is planning to make one way trip and no return flights......Not sure if this will be an issue at boarder security when she arrives in Toronto. Currently she is in London UK so if she comes to Canada can I change her current address to my address in Canada? This is because we are expecting that while she is here in Canada her PR will be issued...if this is the case does she actually need to fly back to UK?

Thanks.
It could be an issue but no one can tell you for sure. The fact she has a PR application in progress is good but if she is going with the full intention of not returning to the UK then she may be refused entry. If I were you I would get her to buy a refundable return ticket and then cancel it when she is in Canada. I would also warn against taking all her belongings as thats another red flag for the CBSA. Make sure she has all her PR paperwork with her.

You can also update address details by emailing London but I suppose there is that risk it doesn't get done in time and you get in a mix up about the COPR...also I'm not sure whether CBSA have access to that info and whether that might cause problems at the border, maybe some of the other members would know better than me.

haf07

Aug 26, 2013
An update on our application for the sake of tracking, checked the ECAS and the status has been moved to "in process" since December 10 apparently, hoping for a swift resolution.

A quick question, my medicals have been conducted probably 15 months back, 3 months prior to our file submission, so would they request new ones as they are older than a year or is it a case by case matter?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
canuknz said:
We received COPR today. I guess we're going to make a trip to Montana over the holidays.
It is conditional that we remain in a relationship for 2 years. We've been living together 5 years, but married for just under 2 years. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be conditional if we hadn't gotten married!!

Our application took just over a year. I have no idea what we would have done had my husband not been able to obtain a working holiday visa while we waited. I never imaged in was going to take this long.
They seem to decide ad hoc and not according to guidelines if they shoukd give condition 51. We only had one year consecutice CL but still no co 51

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
canuknz said:

Interesting. I'm in a similar situation... together 4 years married for just under 2 at the time we submitted application. I've been curious to know whether I'll get the condition. On balance I'm expecting it, but holding hope they make a 'mistake' and forget to include me as sometimes seems to happen.

No big deal in the grand scheme of things, just another thing to obsess/be annoyed about with CIC :p

Jonesy319

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Elstead, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Hi all,
I submitted our package and it has been received in Mississauga on Dec 9: I am the sponsor (Canadian citizen), we live in the UK, our VISA office will be London (unless it gets assigned elsewhere).

How do I add my info to the spreadsheet?

It may have already been answered here but how long will it take before I find out if I am approved as a sponsor and how will I know - will they contact me? I went on the 'check your application status' on the Govt of Canada website, input the receipt number but it says it doesn't recognise it yet. Does it only recognise the application after sponsorship approval?

Thanks in advance
Jonesy

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
canuknz said:
We received COPR today.
haf07 said:
An update on our application for the sake of tracking, checked the ECAS and the status has been moved to "in process" since December 10 apparently, hoping for a swift resolution.
Spreadsheet updated, thanks to both of you!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Jonesy319 said:
Hi all,
I submitted our package and it has been received in Mississauga on Dec 9: I am the sponsor (Canadian citizen), we live in the UK, our VISA office will be London (unless it gets assigned elsewhere).

It may have already been answered here but how long will it take before I find out if I am approved as a sponsor and how will I know - will they contact me? I went on the 'check your application status' on the Govt of Canada website, input the receipt number but it says it doesn't recognise it yet. Does it only recognise the application after sponsorship approval?

Thanks in advance
Jonesy
The spreadsheet is maintained by a few editors (in the past there was a problem with randoms changing/deleting data).

To be added to the spreadsheet please provide the below information and I will add you:

-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!
-Date principal applicant completed medical

The processing time is 58 days I believe for Stage 1, so basically 2 months for sponsor approval. If the sponsor provided an e-mail address then chances are they will receive an e-mail with the sponsor approval letter as an attachment.

Yes, generally you can only check the application status after you receive SA. For my application we received SA on a Friday and could check ECAS on the Saturday.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Moun7 said:
Hi
I applied outland London for my wife's sponsorship in May 2014 and the status still reads "application received".
This is taking so long but on the other hand she just received multiple entry visitor visa to come and visit me in Feb. 2015. She is planning to make one way trip and no return flights......Not sure if this will be an issue at boarder security when she arrives in Toronto. Currently she is in London UK so if she comes to Canada can I change her current address to my address in Canada? This is because we are expecting that while she is here in Canada her PR will be issued...if this is the case does she actually need to fly back to UK?

Thanks.
Yes, her booking a one-way flight will almost certainly be a problem - and it will be more of an issue for the AIRLINE in the first instance. The airline may refuse to fly her if she can't prove that she will be allowed entry to Canada, and not having a return flight greatly increases the chances of that. When my husband (a Brit) booked his one-way ticket, he was asked at the gate for proof that he would be allowed into Canada - he had his COPR and PR at that point, so they let him board, but if he did not have that documentation he would have been denied boarding. (Last year my brother had a holiday booked to Australia and there was some mix-up at the gate and the airline didn't have a record of his visitor visa, even though he had applied for it and had proof of it; they denied him boarding and he missed his flight. He was rebooked two days later, luckily.)

So your wife should absolutely book a return ticket.

In addition, she will face questions with Canadian immigration if she's flying on a one-way ticket. She will need to show certain proof to the border agent. Read this carefully and make sure you have all the evidence with you: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada#Can_I_wait_in_Canada_while_my_application_is_being_processed:_Dual_Intent

So your wife CAN stay in Canada, but book maybe a flexible ticket with a return, or book a return for maybe 6 months out (you can always just not use the return)... do NOT book a one-way.

Jonesy319 said:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
Jonesy
Please post the following and you will be added to the spreadsheet:
-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

How long will it take for sponsor - look at the spreadsheet and CIC's website. Processing time is about 2ish months. This is why the spreadsheet exists. You can see how fast those before you are hearing, you can assume yours will be similar.

If you provided an email address in your application then they will probably email you. Otherwise it will be a letter in the post.

Chances are your application has not yet been entered into the system. Most people can only log in after sponsor approval.

Jonesy319

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Elstead, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2015
Med's Done....
05-11-2014
Hi and thank you, here is my information for my partner for the spreadsheet:

Date application received in Mississauga: Dec 9
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Common law
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! London
-Date principal applicant completed medical: November 4

Petitepoutine

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014; 16-03-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-07-2015
I am curious. I've seen a lot of people ordering their GMCS notes to see how far along their application is, etc. In some cases, it seems to activate some movement.

Obviously, our application is still well within the normal processing time. But I was wondering when the ideal time is to order our notes?

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Jonesy319 said:
Hi and thank you, here is my information for my partner for the spreadsheet:

Date application received in Mississauga: Dec 9
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Common law
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! London
-Date principal applicant completed medical: November 4
I added you to the spreadsheet.

mec14

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
11-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 16-06-2015, COPR arrived 25-06-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
Petitepoutine said:
I am curious. I've seen a lot of people ordering their GMCS notes to see how far along their application is, etc. In some cases, it seems to activate some movement.

Obviously, our application is still well within the normal processing time. But I was wondering when the ideal time is to order our notes?
I ordered mine after about 6 months. It was good because it's nice to know that my application has been safely received in London and is actually being looked at, but I don't think think it does anything for the processing time.

If anything it prompts somebody to go on an update GCMS (some my updates were on the same day as the request) but I doubt it makes anyone take action. In fact I'm now too paranoid to order a new set for fear of the opposite conspiracy theory... that they put your file back at the bottom of the pile! :-\

It takes a month to get the report after you request it, so if your app is being processed in Canada then it's probably not worth it given the faster processing times.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
I would not bother with the GCMS notes. If CIC is inundated with notes, then they can't be spending the time processing applications. There's no point asking if you just want information. You're within processing times, well within, so my suggestion is just to sit tight and don't give CIC extra unnecessary work.

I personally think that those who claim that asking for GCMS notes "kick-starts" things is just them reading into it - chances are they are ordering around the time when their applications would be coming up anyway, and for every person whose notes "kick-start" something, there are a zillion others whose notes have not kick-started anything, so I personally think that they are just reading into a relationship that simply does not exist.