+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Taylor-Hall said:
Hi can you please add us to the spreadsheet and where can the spreadsheet be viewed.

Application received Mississauga complete with Medical & police Record Check - December 10, 2013
(Category - child under 21)
Application sent to London - February 2014
Email - 2 recent passport size photos requested - Sept. 2014
Email - Updated IMM5406E Form requested - October 9, 2014
Application IN PROCESS - November 18, 2014
DECISION MADE - November 26, 2014

Have heard nothing since the last status update on the CIC site except that we will be contacted about the decision shortly. All other requests have been sent via email and returned by express mail.

Currently here in Canada on 1 year visitor's visa to expire Feb. 2015.

Really left hanging here...... :-[

Many thanks!!
The spreadsheet is linked in my signature. I have never had to add a 'child under 21' application before.

Can you confirm on which date did you receive sponsor approval? I have added you to the spreadsheet but it would be great if you could clarify that date for an accurate timeline.

Thanks!

Edit: In fact the spreadsheet is aimed at spousal sponsorship so I do not think your application should be included. I will wait til the boss SchnookoLoly comes and tells me what to do.

prairiegirl22

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (via UK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 27-08-15, COPR: 20-11-15
andrew-brit said:
I am waiting for PR just like you. This spreadsheet is the only thing keeping me going, haha!
I know - the whole thing is a bit agonizing. Should have had it in over the summer when we were out having so much fun we wouldn't have seen the time pass! Thank goodness this forum is here to shed some light on how it all works.

Also all, I did call on Wednesday. Though I gave no personal info to the agent, we received AOR the next day which seems to have happened to a lot who have called when the processing time has passed. Not sure how much of a coincidence this is.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
So I just landed yesterday, here is my experience:

1. Got upgraded to business class on the flight so I got off the plane fast
2. Long line up at the first customs booths, but they opened up a new line as soon as I got there
3. Woman at the counter was extremely stone faced and rude, and didnt say where I had to go so I had to ask somebody else after I was through with her
4. First in line at immigration, guy only asked me two questions (CoPR Qs, Ever been refused admission, ever been convicted of a crime), said welcome to Canada and sent me to get my SIN
5. System was apparently not co-operating so I was told to go to Service Canada to get my SIN
6. Got brochures from two ladies in red shirts, who gave me brochures and the OHIP app to fill and send from home

Time from I got off the plane till I was through at immigrations was 10 minutes!!

However, of course I had to wait an hour and a half for my bags... And they came on two different carousels (our flight got spread on three different carousels) so everybody was running back and forth (somebody should get fired).

Overall, good experience except for the usual customs attitude, but the immigration part was great!

Can't believe I am actually an effing Permanent Resident of Canada now! Thought I would feel different, but now back to life, back to to normal.

Now the process for citizenship begins (remembering to gather proof of residency).......

Shayreef

Apr 16, 2013
Hello,

I was just curious if anyone was aware of the process for obtaining a SIN card after receiving the COPR in the mail? I can only assume that there is yet another waiting process for receiving the SIN card after applying ... does anyone know whether it's something I can apply for online? In person? Average wait time?

Thanks in advance.

Shayreef

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Shayreef said:
Hello,

I was just curious if anyone was aware of the process for obtaining a SIN card after receiving the COPR in the mail? I can only assume that there is yet another waiting process for receiving the SIN card after applying ... does anyone know whether it's something I can apply for online? In person? Average wait time?

Thanks in advance.

Shayreef
If you "land" by air you can do it at the airport, if land you can go to any service canada and you will get it right away.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Shayreef said:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Shayreef
Just walk to nearby Service Canada. You do not need to book any appointment. Take your CoPR and Passport, it will be done in 10 mins. Remember, now a days there is no card, they just give you a letter size paper with you name, address, and SIN number with other information. You do not have to wait long like for PR card and Health card.

Gatawa04

Jan 9, 2014
Ipswich
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/01/2014
AOR Received.
28/02/2014
Med's Done....
25/01/2014
hie all

just a quick couple of questions

i went for my interview on the 12th of november where i was told it was a provisional yes pending background checks. i was asked to provide an extra police check for the three years i lived prior to moving to the UK as well as an updated IMM5669E
i have since applied for the police check and its arriving tomorrow through dhl. i just checked the canadian embassy london website and it says there are moving addresses does it mean that i will need to post the documents to the new address or do i post to the same old address as before??

Gatawa04

Jan 9, 2014
Ipswich
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/01/2014
AOR Received.
28/02/2014
Med's Done....
25/01/2014
just checked my account and in now says in process :) :) :) :)

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Gatawa04 said:
Spreadsheet updated!

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Graihn said:
So I just landed yesterday, here is my experience:

1. Got upgraded to business class on the flight so I got off the plane fast
2. Long line up at the first customs booths, but they opened up a new line as soon as I got there
3. Woman at the counter was extremely stone faced and rude, and didnt say where I had to go so I had to ask somebody else after I was through with her
4. First in line at immigration, guy only asked me two questions (CoPR Qs, Ever been refused admission, ever been convicted of a crime), said welcome to Canada and sent me to get my SIN
5. System was apparently not co-operating so I was told to go to Service Canada to get my SIN
6. Got brochures from two ladies in red shirts, who gave me brochures and the OHIP app to fill and send from home

Time from I got off the plane till I was through at immigrations was 10 minutes!!

However, of course I had to wait an hour and a half for my bags... And they came on two different carousels (our flight got spread on three different carousels) so everybody was running back and forth (somebody should get fired).

Overall, good experience except for the usual customs attitude, but the immigration part was great!

Can't believe I am actually an effing Permanent Resident of Canada now! Thought I would feel different, but now back to life, back to to normal.

Now the process for citizenship begins (remembering to gather proof of residency).......
Congrats Graihn, shame about the customs attitude, had some pretty bad experiences with them in the past as well but at least its all over...for now!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
brucem said:
Congrats Graihn, shame about the customs attitude, had some pretty bad experiences with them in the past as well but at least its all over...for now!
Yeah it feels amazing it is all over!

prairiegirl22

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (via UK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
Gatawa04 said:
Now that I'm passed the SA stage, I'm wondering what to expect next. I understand my partner (the applicant) will be receiving communications from here on in and I can now see our status on the CIC website. Is the next thing to show up on there "In Process" and does that mean we will be close to "Decision Made"? Obviously these things will not be right around the corner yet I'm sure but just so I'm aware of what to look out for next.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
prairiegirl22 said:
Now that I'm passed the SA stage, I'm wondering what to expect next. I understand my partner (the applicant) will be receiving communications from here on in and I can now see our status on the CIC website. Is the next thing to show up on there "In Process" and does that mean we will be close to "Decision Made"? Obviously these things will not be right around the corner yet I'm sure but just so I'm aware of what to look out for next.
You can check timelines for others here : http://bit.ly/1nNv1Tk

There you can see how long people usually wait after In Process to get DM.

prairiegirl22

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (via UK)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
Graihn said:
You can check timelines for others here : http://bit.ly/1nNv1Tk

There you can see how long people usually wait after In Process to get DM.
Thanks Graihn, that wasn't actually my question though. The spreadsheet is absolutely fantastic however I'm more so wondering about the next stage on the CIC website as I can finally sign in. Someone was excited about the "In Process" stage so that must mean progress somehow. I would assume it to change from "Application Received" once it gets to Ottawa where our application is being sent. In general, it took some time to understand the stages for AOR and SA when first on here as there are so many acronyms that aren't spelled out for the uninitiated. :) And of course, CIC doesn't tell you much of anything!

Regardless, I think we will just sit back for the next 3 weeks and enjoy the holidays knowing there will be no word yet. And tentatively plan a moving date and exit strategy to get from the UK to Canada :p

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
prairiegirl22 said:
Thanks Graihn, that wasn't actually my question though. The spreadsheet is absolutely fantastic however I'm more so wondering about the next stage on the CIC website as I can finally sign in. Someone was excited about the "In Process" stage so that must mean progress somehow. I would assume it to change from "Application Received" once it gets to Ottawa where our application is being sent. In general, it took some time to understand the stages for AOR and SA when first on here as there are so many acronyms that aren't spelled out for the uninitiated. :) And of course, CIC doesn't tell you much of anything!

Regardless, I think we will just sit back for the next 3 weeks and enjoy the holidays knowing there will be no word yet. And tentatively plan a moving date and exit strategy to get from the UK to Canada :p
if your application is in ottawa, then generally it goes like this:

in process = file has been reviewed by an officer and it's in the final stages. if you received a passport request (only a copy since you are visa exempt) or request for a fee, then you'll see "in process" as soon as they received the paperwork which means they are now preparing your visa. Technically, they can not issue the visa until RPRF is paid (if not done up front). Note that a lot of visa exempt applicants do NOT get passport requests.

decision made = if you did not have an interview or request for more relationship/settlement information, this generally means your application has been approved and your COPR has been mailed out.

the ottawa spreadsheet is the blue link below in my signature. feel free to add yourself, and take a look at the "trends" for passport/fee request to in process to decision made.