+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

MissK

Feb 14, 2014
Checked my Ecas and decision made as of November 21 :D Hopefully it wont take to long before my COPR arrives in the mail

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
MissK said:
Checked my Ecas and decision made as of November 21 :D Hopefully it wont take to long before my COPR arrives in the mail
Congratulations! Spreadsheet is updated. Please let us know when you receive your COPR for the spreadsheet.

bhegs

Oct 12, 2014
Hi there, could I be added to the spreadsheet please...

-Date application received in Mississauga: October 16, 2014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Married
-Date of sponsor approval: N/A as of yet.
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email): N/A as of yet.
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had: N/A as of yet.
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt: Exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- London UK

Thanks!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
bhegs said:
Hi there, could I be added to the spreadsheet please...

-Date application received in Mississauga: October 16, 2014
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Married
-Date of sponsor approval: N/A as of yet.
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email): N/A as of yet.
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had: N/A as of yet.
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt: Exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- London UK

Thanks!
Added! Keep us posted with any future updates!

Wannagohome

Sep 29, 2014
Scotmoose said:
I know from looking at the spreadsheets etc...that I still have a while to go. Just frustrating when you see people going through London that applied at the beginning of the year that still haven't heard an answer. How I wish my application had been kept in Canada.
Scotmoose said:
Is it just me or is London one of the slowest Visa exempt offices at the moment :(
I feel the pain too. Although London is within its timescales, the spreadsheet highlights the speed of Mississauga. Cannot get my head around their speed :eek:. We are all wishing that our applications were kept in Mississauga. Nothing any of us can do but wait. Having said that I do agree that its very frustrating when you monitor the speed of movements on the spreadsheet, above and below your own. I shall just go and cry into my coffee now, stamp my feet and tear up paper :D ;D :D ;D

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Wannagohome said:
I feel the pain too. Although London is within its timescales, the spreadsheet highlights the speed of Mississauga. Cannot get my head around their speed :eek:. We are all wishing that our applications were kept in Mississauga. Nothing any of us can do but wait. Having said that I do agree that its very frustrating when you monitor the speed of movements on the spreadsheet, above and below your own. I shall just go and cry into my coffee now, stamp my feet and tear up paper :D ;D :D ;D
Hahahaha, I remember being there! When I applied, there were two people who applied a week before me who were finished WAY faster, super frustrating!

BTW I don't see you on the spreadsheet... it sounds like you have applied and are waiting, but I don't see you on there... the more data the better!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Scotmoose said:
Is it just me or is London one of the slowest Visa exempt offices at the moment :(
Don't forget, they are now processing much (if not all) of the applicants from Pakistan in London.
It seems, especially with the recent removal of client choice Q4 in IMM 0008, that CIC are playing "musical chairs" with visa offices.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
zardoz said:
Don't forget, they are now processing much (if not all) of the applicants from Pakistan in London.
It seems, especially with the recent removal of client choice Q4 in IMM 0008, that CIC are playing "musical chairs" with visa offices.
Wow, I did not notice that! Eep. Thanks for pointing that out...

Wannagohome

Sep 29, 2014
zardoz said:
Perhaps I am being super dense here....but...surely that's going to create a backlog for other nationalities being processed in London. Is the Pakistan backlog taking priority then? If so, it would appear that London will knee deep in applications. The knock on effect of that will probably be, newly created backlog will be shipped somewhere else ;D "musical chairs" ...no more like pass the parcel :eek:

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Wannagohome said:
Perhaps I am being super dense here....but...surely that's going to create a backlog for other nationalities being processed in London. Is the Pakistan backlog taking priority then? If so, it would appear that London will knee deep in applications. The knock on effect of that will probably be, newly created backlog will be shipped somewhere else ;D "musical chairs" ...no more like pass the parcel :eek:
Guessing you haven't been following much recently!

The processing time in Islamabad at the beginning of 2014 was up to 33 months or something like that. Too many applications, not enough staff, generally more complicated applications.

So to help take off some of the pressure, Mississauga started forwarding applications that would normally go to Islamabad to London instead. Around the same time then, in order not to overwhelm London, Mississauga started keeping applications that would normally go to London in Mississauga and Ottawa. If you look at the spreadsheet, this is why we added the column for processing office (Column E). Applications started going around March-April, and by June nearly all British applications were being held in Canada. Not all, but most.

So yeah, it is a bit of musical applications, haha, though all the reasoning makes sense and it seems like CIC is at least trying to do right by applicants normally applying in London.

Someone also was told in an email from CIC that Islamabad applications are not subject to the same normal 11 month processing timeframe... but it's hard to tell exactly how timelines are changing, hence tracking how timelines differ between offices. Under the detailed lines on the spreadsheet, there's a chart for processing times split by office.

Wannagohome

Sep 29, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:

The processing time in Islamabad at the beginning of 2014 was up to 33 months or something like that. Too many applications, not enough staff, generally more complicated applications.

So to help take off some of the pressure, Mississauga started forwarding applications that would normally go to Islamabad to London instead. Around the same time then, in order not to overwhelm London, Mississauga started keeping applications that would normally go to London in Mississauga and Ottawa. If you look at the spreadsheet, this is why we added the column for processing office (Column E). Applications started going around March-April, and by June nearly all British applications were being held in Canada. Not all, but most.

So yeah, it is a bit of musical applications, haha, though all the reasoning makes sense and it seems like CIC is at least trying to do right by applicants normally applying in London.

Someone also was told in an email from CIC that Islamabad applications are not subject to the same normal 11 month processing timeframe... but it's hard to tell exactly how timelines are changing, hence tracking how timelines differ between offices. Under the detailed lines on the spreadsheet, there's a chart for processing times split by office.

Ohhhhh!!! I realised from the spreadsheet what was going on, what I didn't realise was the distribution of London applications since this backlog had been implemented. So, that's makes sense now. What was a, albeit little panic, has now been dowsed and I can now go back to tearing up may paper, sadly coffee all gone !! ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
SchnookoLoly said:

What I don't understand is why if there trying to do right by applicants that would normally go to London, are some peoples applications still being sent there? I just don't understand there reasoning as there's no way, shape or form that mine would be viewed as a "complex" case. Also my gcms notes shed no light on this. Anyone able to shed anymore light on this? The whole processes and inconsistencies are just irritating.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Scotmoose said:
What I don't understand is why if there trying to do right by applicants that would normally go to London, are some peoples applications still being sent there? I just don't understand there reasoning as there's no way, shape or form that mine would be viewed as a "complex" case. Also my gcms notes shed no light on this. Anyone able to shed anymore light on this? The whole processes and inconsistencies are just irritating.
There have been some quick turnarounds in London during 2014. Unfortunately that is the best you can hope for Scotmoose - that you are one of the lucky ones in London VO! My application went there as well.

It is bothersome that most are staying in Mississauga and only a few make it to London but remember the posted timeline is 11 months so try to focus on that rather than on Mississauga. I presume the reason why Mississauga is going so fast is because they have no backlog and they have only recently started processing outland apps.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Scotmoose said:
It might be something with background checks. It might be because of somewhere you lived. It might be because of something with where the sponsor lived. It might be because not 100% of applications are being held and every xth application is sent to London for whatever reason. There is probably some method to how they choose which applications go where.