+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Christopholus said:
My application got updated on line today to Decision Made. That's exciting, I just hope its the right decision...
Updated the spreadsheet, thanks!

Macanadian

Sep 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 11/24/14 : ))))))

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Good morning knowledgeable people!

As our flight to Canada approaches I'm getting nervous about the information we need to supply at the border. We have decided to wait for the remainder of by husband's PR application time in Canada with my family. I know I've read on this forum that it's quite common, and ok to do this...but I'm panicking now about what if they think he won't leave if the PR isn't granted and then don't let him in!

I feel I'm getting a bit carried away with my worries but any advice of the border crossing in this situation would be welcome.

We absolutely don't intend to overstay if it doesn't come through, though we have no reason to believe we will have any issues.

We can bring bank statements to show funds, and I have a letter from CIC saying I'm approved as sponsor. We have just had a little girl and just want to be able to spend some of this waiting time with my family in Canada.

Thanks as always for your advice

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Macanadian said:
Decision made 11/24/14 : ))))))
Congrats, I updated the spreadsheet! Did they request an updated info chart, passport photos etc?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
CanadianInUK said:
Good morning knowledgeable people!

As our flight to Canada approaches I'm getting nervous about the information we need to supply at the border. We have decided to wait for the remainder of by husband's PR application time in Canada with my family. I know I've read on this forum that it's quite common, and ok to do this...but I'm panicking now about what if they think he won't leave if the PR isn't granted and then don't let him in!

I feel I'm getting a bit carried away with my worries but any advice of the border crossing in this situation would be welcome.

We absolutely don't intend to overstay if it doesn't come through, though we have no reason to believe we will have any issues.

We can bring bank statements to show funds, and I have a letter from CIC saying I'm approved as sponsor. We have just had a little girl and just want to be able to spend some of this waiting time with my family in Canada.

Thanks as always for your advice
Read this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada#Can_I_wait_in_Canada_while_my_application_is_being_processed:_Dual_Intent

That's got everything you need to know about what you need to have with you at the border. Good luck!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CanadianInUK said:
I know I've read on this forum that it's quite common, and ok to do this...but I'm panicking now about what if they think he won't leave if the PR isn't granted and then don't let him in!

Best advice: don't be nervous. In my few years on the forum, the only visa-exempt people with a sponsorship app in process that I've seen knocked back at the border are a few Americans who showed up at the border with all of their worldly possessions in U-hauls.

CBSA officers know that very few spousal PR apps for visa-exempt applicants are refused, so they give a lot of leeway in this situation. When we entered mid process, it was really straightforward. The CBSA officer verified that we had a PR app in the system, asked how much money we had (didn't even ask for proof) and told my partner not to work until he became a PR. We travelled on one-way tickets and I had purchased a separate fully refundable ticket for my partner just in case but the officer never even brought up the subject of having to leave Canada.

Christopholus

Sep 27, 2012
This morning I received the email with instructions for the final stage of processing- sending up to date information and passport photocopies etc.
I can't remember whether I should consider my spouse as "accompanying me to Canada" or not. She is a Canadian citizen and is sponsoring me, and we have no dependants. We are both currently living in Canada. Do I need to send pictures of her and passport photocopies too?

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Christopholus said:
This morning I received the email with instructions for the final stage of processing- sending up to date information and passport photocopies etc.
I can't remember whether I should consider my spouse as "accompanying me to Canada" or not. She is a Canadian citizen and is sponsoring me, and we have no dependants. We are both currently living in Canada. Do I need to send pictures of her and passport photocopies too?
Do what the e-mail asks. I doubt they are asking for pictures of your spouse. Remember the whole PR application is about those who want PR. Your spouse already has PR, well in fact citizenship. If you are still in doubt post the relevant section from the e-mail.

Christopholus

Sep 27, 2012
Thanks, that is what I thought. It asks for "A photocopy of the photo and personal information pages of your passport and of the passport of your accompanying spouse..."

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hello all,

Does a sponsor, older than 18 years, sponsoring a spouse need to fill "Schedule A- Background Declaration (IMM 5669)" and "Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)"?

Or these forms are for principle applicant and only her/his family members, other than sponsor, older than 18 years.

colin_slaven1988

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrew-brit said:
Do what the e-mail asks. I doubt they are asking for pictures of your spouse. Remember the whole PR application is about those who want PR. Your spouse already has PR, well in fact citizenship. If you are still in doubt post the relevant section from the e-mail.
Agreed. I got that email a week or so ago and it's just if you application has spouse who is accompanying you....like getting PR too . But she isn't :)

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
PhdStream said:
Hello all,

Does a sponsor, older than 18 years, sponsoring a spouse need to fill "Schedule A- Background Declaration (IMM 5669)" and "Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)"?

Or these forms are for principle applicant and only her/his family members, other than sponsor, older than 18 years.
Remember, the forms you mentioned are part of the applicant forms. Your sponsor is a permanent resident or citizen of Canada so they are not applying for PR.

In short, only you, the principal applicant needs to fill in the forms mentioned above. You should however enter your spouse's details where it asks for your spouse's information.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
andrew-brit said:
Remember, the forms you mentioned are part of the applicant forms. Your sponsor is a permanent resident or citizen of Canada so they are not applying for PR.

In short, only you, the principal applicant needs to fill in the forms mentioned above. You should however enter your spouse's details where it asks for your spouse's information.
thanks for your prompt reply.

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Read this: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada#Can_I_wait_in_Canada_while_my_application_is_being_processed:_Dual_Intent

That's got everything you need to know about what you need to have with you at the border. Good luck!
canuck_in_uk said:
Best advice: don't be nervous. In my few years on the forum, the only visa-exempt people with a sponsorship app in process that I've seen knocked back at the border are a few Americans who showed up at the border with all of their worldly possessions in U-hauls.

CBSA officers know that very few spousal PR apps for visa-exempt applicants are refused, so they give a lot of leeway in this situation. When we entered mid process, it was really straightforward. The CBSA officer verified that we had a PR app in the system, asked how much money we had (didn't even ask for proof) and told my partner not to work until he became a PR. We travelled on one-way tickets and I had purchased a separate fully refundable ticket for my partner just in case but the officer never even brought up the subject of having to leave Canada.
Thanks SchnookoLoly and canuck_in_uk! I'm sure we'll be fine but you've helped my confidence and sanity :) We fly on the 3rd Dec via Calgary to see my grandpa and then on from there to Vancouver Island. So Calgary will be the official entry. I'll let you know how it goes!

Ah yes just reminded myself to change my address with CIC too!

jamestneutron

May 29, 2013
Hello everyone...

I received my COPR in the post this morning. This is pretty big news...and you are the first to find out! Ok, I did try to call my mother first with the news...but she didn't answer. I can't tell you how helpful the forum has been...and I will continue to recommend it to anyone who may find it useful.

My letter was issued on October 28th, but was only sent out on November 17th. It was a worrying couple of weeks...even checking with Canada Post if they had any record of an attempted delivery or returned item. The knowledge that others also had to wait a few weeks helped with the worry...and why not ask the question when you are at the post office...they can look up by name or address.

So, just have to cross the border and come back in....thank you for all of your help.