+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
romanlaughclinic said:
Decision made as of today (21 November).

I wonder if some kind soul could tell me (to save me trawling through this very resourceful thread!)...

a) whether that decision is likely to be a positive one and b) the timescales now involved for getting a COPR. I'm in the UK, my wife (sponsor) is in Saskatchewan, and our lawyer is in Toronto.

Appreciated!
a) if there was no interview, and you complied to any requests from CIC, the decision is most likely positive, and you can expect to receive the COPR in the mail.
b)how long it takes to get to you is dependant on how long the mail service takes, and where it was mailed. i am not sure if attorneys receive the paperwork for their clients, or if it gets mailed directly to the applicant.

Oct 18, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
a) if there was no interview, and you complied to any requests from CIC, the decision is most likely positive, and you can expect to receive the COPR in the mail.
b)how long it takes to get to you is dependant on how long the mail service takes, and where it was mailed. i am not sure if attorneys receive the paperwork for their clients, or if it gets mailed directly to the applicant.
Thank you!

Nov 21, 2014
Hi

Just joined the forum and hoping for a nice smooth PR process :) Please can I be added to the spreadsheet.

I sent off my application last week with it being received in Mississauaga on Friday 14th and signed for.

Do you know how long on average it takes to get an email acknowledging receipt of the application? I will send a message as soon as this is received

Moun7

Apr 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 22, 2014
AOR Received.
Jul 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Jul 22, 2014
Med's Done....
Mar 27, 2014
Passport Req..
Jun 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 03, 2015
Hi
I applied sponsorship of my wife (in UK) in May 2014. Gone through stage 1 approval but now this waiting time is getting serious now :(
My wife wants to visit me during Christmas and spend holiday season on visitor visa. Can she come? What are her chances? She holds Indian passport and is UK resident (holds indefinite UK resident permit)...would appreciate some strong advise.

nick

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
ukcannadaconnection said:
Hi

Just joined the forum and hoping for a nice smooth PR process :) Please can I be added to the spreadsheet.

I sent off my application last week with it being received in Mississauaga on Friday 14th and signed for.

Do you know how long on average it takes to get an email acknowledging receipt of the application? I will send a message as soon as this is received
To be added to the spreadsheet please provide this info:

-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

The above is a template of what is needed - obviously you do not have sponsor approval, which visa office for stage 2, but answer what you can.

You will not receive an e-mail confirmation from Mississauga. The first contact you will likely receive is sponsor approval in about 50 days time.

Lexxiee

Nov 21, 2014
Hi all
I have been a long time avid reader of this forum as I was on my preparation journey for PR application. It is the most informative helpful and stress releasing forum I have ever encountered!
Big Thanks to you guys!! :D
Now my application is in process I would love to be permitted to add my details the the spreadsheet.
I hope I have posted all info needed below but if I have missed anything please just shout!

Spousal Sponsorship Outland : London
Date application received in Mississauga : 10th October
Married
Visa Exempt ( i am originally from UK )
Current Location : Montreal Quebec ( I am living and working on a company sponsored work permit)

Thanks so much !! ;D

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Hmm, looks like I started posting a reply earlier, and then closed the window. So let's try this again. :)

gander said:
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could please give me some advice, sorry if this comes across as impatient! After submitting my PR application on the 9th of September (outland, common-law, I am British and my girlfriend is Canadian), the only contact I have had from CIC is an email, sent on the 20th of October, saying that they received my file on the 12th of September. I was hoping that SA would come through in less than two months, and I've tried to just not think about it but as of today its been 70 days since they received my application, and still no sponsor approval, despite CIC's processing times saying that stage 1 is currently taking 48 days, and that 'they are currently working on application received on the 25th of September (stage 1). I have tried many combinations of information to log into ECAS, but to no avail.. Am I right in thinking I won't be able to check on my application until I have received SA? And could anyone possibly offer any educated guess as to why my SA is taking longer than the other applications on the spreadsheet that were submitted in september?

Thanks in advance
+1 to what petitepoutine said.
Are you certain the email received 20-Oct isn't your sponsor approval? The timing is right. You should call CIC as well as send a case-specific email and see what's up as you certainly should have heard by now.

I've also added you to the spreadsheet. Please let me know where you're located, and then please keep us updated as to how you progress. Adding your info to the spreadsheet is the best way to pay it forward and say thanks for the advice you ask for and receive on here. :)

romanlaughclinic said:
Decision made as of today (21 November).

I wonder if some kind soul could tell me (to save me trawling through this very resourceful thread!)...

a) whether that decision is likely to be a positive one and b) the timescales now involved for getting a COPR. I'm in the UK, my wife (sponsor) is in Saskatchewan, and our lawyer is in Toronto.

Appreciated!
+1 to what has already been said. Chances are if they were going to reject you, they would have asked for other information first - additional proof of relationship, additional forms, and so on.

Of course no one can say for sure until you actually receive your COPR in the post, but I'd say 99.999% chance it's positive. :)

ukcannadaconnection said:
Hi

Welcome! I'll add you to the spreadsheet but first I Need to know whether you applied as Married or Common-Law, and where you are located. Post that then I'll add you. :)

About a 90% chance you won't hear anything from CIC until you get sponsor approval. The vast majority of people do not year from Mississauga to say their application has been received, hence the strong suggestion that you send your application tracked, as that's the only sure indicator that your application has made it to CIC.

Moun7 said:
Hi
I applied sponsorship of my wife (in UK) in May 2014. Gone through stage 1 approval but now this waiting time is getting serious now :(
My wife wants to visit me during Christmas and spend holiday season on visitor visa. Can she come? What are her chances? She holds Indian passport and is UK resident (holds indefinite UK resident permit)...would appreciate some strong advise.

nick
As she is an Indian national, she will have to apply for a visitors visa. Honestly I don't know the particulars, though, so I'd suggest posting a new thread on the main board as you will find more answers there.

I am also missing a location for your wife on the spreadsheet. If you can provide that, that would be great.

Lexxiee said:
Hi all
I have been a long time avid reader of this forum as I was on my preparation journey for PR application. It is the most informative helpful and stress releasing forum I have ever encountered!
Big Thanks to you guys!! :D
Now my application is in process I would love to be permitted to add my details the the spreadsheet.
I hope I have posted all info needed below but if I have missed anything please just shout!

Spousal Sponsorship Outland : London
Date application received in Mississauga : 10th October
Married
Visa Exempt ( i am originally from UK )
Current Location : Montreal Quebec ( I am living and working on a company sponsored work permit)

Thanks so much !! ;D
Welcome! Glad you were able to find the forum helpful! I've added you to the spreadsheet. Once you get SA, let us know and let us know which office will be holding your application! Good luck and thanks for the info!

Nov 21, 2014
andrew-brit said:
To be added to the spreadsheet please provide this info:

-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

The above is a template of what is needed - obviously you do not have sponsor approval, which visa office for stage 2, but answer what you can.

You will not receive an e-mail confirmation from Mississauga. The first contact you will likely receive is sponsor approval in about 50 days time.
Hi

Think the below is all that is current applicable

-Date application received in Mississauga: 14/11/14
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law: Common Law
-Current location of the principal applicant- Toronto (originally from UK)

Thanks a lot for the estimated timeline on when receive the first correspondance, can stop checking our spam mailbox now!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
^ Added, thanks!

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
Is it just me or is London one of the slowest Visa exempt offices at the moment :(

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Scotmoose said:
Is it just me or is London one of the slowest Visa exempt offices at the moment :(
It's roughly middle of the pack. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
I know from looking at the spreadsheets etc...that I still have a while to go. Just frustrating when you see people going through London that applied at the beginning of the year that still haven't heard an answer. How I wish my application had been kept in Canada.

gander

Nov 20, 2014
Petitepoutine said:
First, make sure to check the sponsor's spam (if you provided an email address) as our SA ended up there initially. If you still haven't received it, I strongly suggest you give them a call. There have been a few cases lately of applicants who haven't been notified about SA and found out it already had been granted when they called CIC. If it's the sponsor who calls, they might even be able to give you a UCI number to access ECAS.

70 days does seem a bit long, especially since you haven't been asked for additional documents or updated forms...
Thanks for the advice, I checked my GF's junk mail, but it unfortunately wasn't there. Any chance you know the number that I would need to call please?

gander

Nov 20, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Hmm, looks like I started posting a reply earlier, and then closed the window. So let's try this again. :)

+1 to what petitepoutine said.
Are you certain the email received 20-Oct isn't your sponsor approval? The timing is right. You should call CIC as well as send a case-specific email and see what's up as you certainly should have heard by now.

I've also added you to the spreadsheet. Please let me know where you're located, and then please keep us updated as to how you progress. Adding your info to the spreadsheet is the best way to pay it forward and say thanks for the advice you ask for and receive on here. :)

+1 to what has already been said. Chances are if they were going to reject you, they would have asked for other information first - additional proof of relationship, additional forms, and so on.
Hi SchnookoLoly, thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm pretty certain that it wasn't spender approval, the wording definitely seemed like it was a notice that would assess my application to check if my sponsor was eligible, rather than actual SA. I hope I'm wrong though! Ive been trying to copy and paste the letter into this message but it won't let me (says I can't post links). Like I said, Im pretty sure, but I could always send it to you, or a screen shot for conformation, assuming you have time (no worries if not)!

Despite them saying I can use my UCI or application number (I already have a UCI from two working holiday visas) I cannot log on using any combination of my, or my sponsors information.. Very frustrating! Sorry to be a pain, but do you know how to go about sending CIC a case specific email? And I have PM'd my location to andrew_brit to be added to the spreadsheet, thank you for your work on the spreadsheet, I just discovered it and its very informative, even if it has made me feel worse about my own application lol

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
gander said:
Thanks for the advice, I checked my GF's junk mail, but it unfortunately wasn't there. Any chance you know the number that I would need to call please?

Call 1-888-242-2100 this is the call center .