+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
^ That is precisely the point of the spreadsheet. It gives more real-time data, and it also filters out the vast majority of very complex cases. About 95% of cases that come through the spreadsheet are 'straight-forward' cases ... canadian sponsor meets non-canadian partner, usually British or similar, they live together for awhile, or get married, it's all very poetic, then they decide to come to Canada together, and thus do sponsorship. Sometimes there's kids, sometimes they've lived in a few other places, but generally speaking the file is pretty straight-forward. When more people come on here trying to get an idea of timelines, they usually fall in the same bucket, which is why being able to quote average timelines for "straight-forward" cases is a better metric for us than the 80% metric that CIC quotes.

This is part of the reason that we have started tracking processing via different offices (which, worth mentioning, was a pain in the backside to get those stats cooperating in the spreadsheet, but I digress)... tracking applications from "standard" applicants who would normally apply via London, how those application processing timelines vary depending on whether they're processed in Mississauga vs Ottawa vs London, then also helping profile Pakistani applications that have been sent directly from Mississauga to London and how those timelines compare.

I've kind of lost track of where I was going with this, so I'll just shut up now. :)
+1 for all the effort it is appreciated!

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
SchnookoLoly said:
^ That is precisely the point of the spreadsheet. It gives more real-time data, and it also filters out the vast majority of very complex cases. About 95% of cases that come through the spreadsheet are 'straight-forward' cases ... canadian sponsor meets non-canadian partner, usually British or similar, they live together for awhile, or get married, it's all very poetic, then they decide to come to Canada together, and thus do sponsorship. Sometimes there's kids, sometimes they've lived in a few other places, but generally speaking the file is pretty straight-forward. When more people come on here trying to get an idea of timelines, they usually fall in the same bucket, which is why being able to quote average timelines for "straight-forward" cases is a better metric for us than the 80% metric that CIC quotes.

This is part of the reason that we have started tracking processing via different offices (which, worth mentioning, was a pain in the backside to get those stats cooperating in the spreadsheet, but I digress)... tracking applications from "standard" applicants who would normally apply via London, how those application processing timelines vary depending on whether they're processed in Mississauga vs Ottawa vs London, then also helping profile Pakistani applications that have been sent directly from Mississauga to London and how those timelines compare.

I've kind of lost track of where I was going with this, so I'll just shut up now. :)
+1

I just became PR yesterday and will be getting married with my fiancée, living in London, this February. This thread has been a very helpful and informative to prepare for my to be spouse's PR application. :)

Shayreef

Apr 16, 2013
Hello All,

I just had a few questions and was hoping someone could assist me. First of all, after applying in March 2014 for Permanent Residence, my wife was finally approved last week (I did not add her info to the spreadsheet) -- It was a long wait but we finally received the letter from the Immigration Office in London with all the appropriate documents.

Upon review I noticed that the letter had assumed my wife was not currently living in Canada (I did the Outland Application); however she has been residing in Canada since November 2013 and we were able to extend her Visitor Record until July 2015 as we were waiting for the PR to be approved. I called the Immigration Office in Canada and spoke to a representative that explained we would be contacted by an Immigration Agent for an appointment (interview) to finalize the Permanent Residence Approval. Yesterday we received an email from CIC with an interview date scheduled for Wednesday November 12, 2014 in Calgary.

Here are my Questions:

1. What will this interview consist of? Will they be asking Q's to determine whether our marriage is, in fact, legitimate?
2. When will my wife be eligible for a SIN (Social Insurance Number) card? (So that she may begin applying for work in Canada)
3. Do any of you have advice for this interview? In all honesty I am not concerned because our marriage is legitimate and I have no problem proving that if questioned -- I am just not very good at remembering exact dates.

For all those still waiting, I wish you all the best of luck with your applications -- stay positive and be patient.

Shayreef

srfheat

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Passport Req..
17-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-12-2014
I'm not sure if it was late yesterday or this morning, but my ecas status has changed to DECISION MADE!

Can't quite believe it! Hoping to see our COPR soon!

AW23

May 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad NOW LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 April 2012
Doc's Request.
24 May 2014
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
30 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
8 Sep 2014
Passport Req..
26 Sep 2014, Sent:oct 27, Rcvd: nov 6, 14
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 30, 2014
Hello. I just got the visa and my baby rcvd canadian temporary passport with 2 years validity. Now can we travel over it? or is there anything left to do after getting the baby's passport?

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
srfheat said:
I'm not sure if it was late yesterday or this morning, but my ecas status has changed to DECISION MADE!

Updated and congratulations! Please be sure to let us know once your COPR arrives.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
srfheat said:

Congratulations! Always great to hear good news

Shayreef

Apr 16, 2013
Hello All,

I just had a few questions and was hoping someone could assist me. First of all, after applying in March 2014 for Permanent Residence, my wife was finally approved last week (I did not add her info to the spreadsheet) -- It was a long wait but we finally received the letter from the Immigration Office in London with all the appropriate documents.

Upon review I noticed that the letter had assumed my wife was not currently living in Canada (I did the Outland Application); however she has been residing in Canada since November 2013 and we were able to extend her Visitor Record until July 2015 as we were waiting for the PR to be approved. I called the Immigration Office in Canada and spoke to a representative that explained we would be contacted by an Immigration Agent for an appointment (interview) to finalize the Permanent Residence Approval. Yesterday we received an email from CIC with an interview date scheduled for Wednesday November 12, 2014 in Calgary.

Here are my Questions:

1. What will this interview consist of? Will they be asking Q's to determine whether our marriage is, in fact, legitimate?
2. When will my wife be eligible for a SIN (Social Insurance Number) card? (So that she may begin applying for work in Canada)
3. Do any of you have advice for this interview? In all honesty I am not concerned because our marriage is legitimate and I have no problem proving that if questioned -- I am just not very good at remembering exact dates.

For all those still waiting, I wish you all the best of luck with your applications -- stay positive and be patient.

Shayreef

Sibby

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
IMM 5406 27 Jan 2015
AOR Received.
11-02-2015
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
25 Sept 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 31 October 2015 - COPR arrived 16 December 2015
LANDED..........
18 December 2015!!!
srfheat said:

Unbelievable timeline..Congratulations. Wow. Great seeing good news like this. Am preparing to send our application today so keeping our fingers crossed that we will have a similiar good timeline...... fingers crossed!!!

keego_1

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Hi all,

I have been asked for extra information from London Visa Office regarding history since I was eighteen and two passport photos, I have completed this on a new form which was e-mailed to me a few days back. They would also like proof of cohabitation from the last 12 months. I have been looking through the CIC webpage trying to find a form that I can fill out and get signed by a laywer, I'm am wondering is this the procedure, I'm not to sure what form it is, and I don't have much info in the e-mail.
I would be grateful if any of you folks out there know if I'm doing the right thing....

keego_1

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
keego_1 said:
Hi all,

I have been asked for extra information from London Visa Office regarding history since I was eighteen and two passport photos, I have completed this on a new form which was e-mailed to me a few days back. They would also like proof of cohabitation from the last 12 months. I have been looking through the CIC webpage trying to find a form that I can fill out and get signed by a laywer, I'm am wondering is this the procedure, I'm not to sure what form it is, and I don't have much info in the e-mail.
I would be grateful if any of you folks out there know if I'm doing the right thing....

keego_1
I take it you are applying under common-law? They are asking that you provide proof that you and your partner have been living together continuously for the last 12 months in order to qaulify under CL criteria. Ideally they are looking for a lease agreement, mortgage, joint bank account with the same address or any other bills that will prove that you have been residing at the same address, along with photos, emails etc etc. On your original application in the country specific guide (western Europe) it details what you are required to provide - see below. A letter from a lawyer will not suffice.

"If you are a common-law or conjugal partner, provide evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing and has existed for at least 12 months prior to your application. Also provide details of the history of your relationship and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing.
Note :The sponsor and the applicant who are common law or conjugal partners must provide historical evidence of their ongoing relationship. If they are in a relationship of two years or less and have no children together, the applicant will receive conditional permanent resident status, if the application is approved."

keego_1

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Thank you brucem for that info I am applying under common law, so what I understand is:
proof that you and your partner have been living together continuously for the last 12 months
Plus:
evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing and has existed for at least 12 months prior to your application.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Shayreef said:
Hello All,

Here are my Questions:

Shayreef

It would be nice if you would add your information to the spreadsheet. It's a nice way to say thanks for asking for advice on here. The more data on the spreadsheet, the more accurate it becomes. So if you could provide your info for the spreadsheet, it would be appreciated.

To answer your questions anyway (and it would be nice if you posted your info in return):

1: There's no set structure for the interview. They will ask a lot of what was included in your application, and will be looking for any inconsistencies. Just be honest and truthful. It's best if you are both at the interview, and if you want, bring any additional evidence you have of your relationship and your intention to stay in Canada with you. They may not need it, but better to have it and not need it than to be asked for it and not have it.

2: She can go get a SIN after she lands as a PR.

3: Same as #1.

keego_1 said:
Hi all,

keego_1
Cohabitation from the past 12 months - same sort of stuff you provided when you applied as CL. Joint bank statements, lease or mortgage, insurance policies, utilities, other mail, and so on.

Evidence of genuine and continuing relationship - all of the above, plus the 'softer' stuff - trips together, outings together, meeting friends and family, christmas/birthday/whatever cards, plans for a wedding (if you have that), letters from friends and family, and so on.

keego_1

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Thanks a million Mr SchnookoLoly just want you to know I appreciate what you do on this site.....

keego_1