+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Nabsnunu said:
Hi there,

Can we be added to the spreadsheet please:

App Received: 09 Sep 14
Sponsor approved: 28 Oct 14
In process: Not available yet
Processing office: Ottawa
London, UK

Thank you!!
Need to know if you are Common-Law or Married, and where you are located. :)

Nabsnunu

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2014
Doc's Request.
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
28-10-2014
File Transfer...
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
04-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2015
Married.

Located in London, UK :)

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a few questions that I hope someone would like to answer for me!

1. I haven't quiet understood if everyone who applies through family sponsorship is required to do an inteview? And in that case..at what point during the application process does this take place and where? Would that be at the Canadian embassy here in Sweden?

2. Let's assume there is no problem with my application, everything is very straight forward and nothing for them to doubt (wich I'm obviously hoping and counting on it beeing). Can I count on the processing times on CIC's website beeing accurate?

3. And also I would like to have it confirmed that when we send our applications in (sponsorship & PR), after my husbands sponsor application has been approved mine will be sent by CIC to the London office? I dont have to send anything else in?

Thanks for your time!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
mrs.sweden said:
I have a few questions that I hope someone would like to answer for me!

1. I haven't quiet understood if everyone who applies through family sponsorship is required to do an inteview? And in that case..at what point during the application process does this take place and where? Would that be at the Canadian embassy here in Sweden?
Very very few people are called for an interview. If your application is complete and straight-forward, it's highly unlikely you will be called. If you are called it will be much later in the process, and will be held at CIC-London.

2. Let's assume there is no problem with my application, everything is very straight forward and nothing for them to doubt (wich I'm obviously hoping and counting on it beeing). Can I count on the processing times on CIC's website beeing accurate?
Yes, if not faster. The spreadsheet linked in my signature should give you a pretty clear idea of processing times. Right now London averages about 8 months, and the vast majority of people on there have straight-forward applications.

3. And also I would like to have it confirmed that when we send our applications in (sponsorship & PR), after my husbands sponsor application has been approved mine will be sent by CIC to the London office? I dont have to send anything else in?

Thanks for your time!
The entire completed application, both parts, gets sent to Mississauga. Mississauga will process and determine sponsor eligibility, then forward the whole application to London. (Or Ottawa or hold it in Mississauga, as has been common recently.)

Hope that helps!

mrs.sweden

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SchnookoLoly said:
Very very few people are called for an interview. If your application is complete and straight-forward, it's highly unlikely you will be called. If you are called it will be much later in the process, and will be held at CIC-London.

Yes, if not faster. The spreadsheet linked in my signature should give you a pretty clear idea of processing times. Right now London averages about 8 months, and the vast majority of people on there have straight-forward applications.

The entire completed application, both parts, gets sent to Mississauga. Mississauga will process and determine sponsor eligibility, then forward the whole application to London. (Or Ottawa or hold it in Mississauga, as has been common recently.)

Hope that helps!

This definitely helps! Thank you very much!! :)

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
SchnookoLoly said:

Hope that helps!
Sorry for my ignorance.

But do you mean that even if we applied to London, VO there is a chance that PR is evaluated at CPC Ottawa?

In that case, how can we send passport request, if requested?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
London is currently picking up the backlog from Islamabad. As a result, a large number of applications sent to Mississauga meant to be forwarded to London have instead been held either in Mississauga, or forwarded to London. Have a look at the 2014 tab of the timeline spreadsheet linked in my signature, it shows the processing office.

If you are asked to send in a passport, the request will include details of where to send it. Some people processed in Mississauga have been asked to send it to Ottawa, others to London, and all other combinations. The letter will give you the appropriate instructions.

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
(03-06-2013 - expired) 26-07-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
The second thing that's jumping out is that you say that you and your partner are common-law, but that you are living apart - that's a HUGE problem. Someone 2-3 pages back just posted that CIC requested additional proof that they have been living together the past 12 months, and that was after they filed their application. They are still living together, so it's not a problem, but if you are living apart then you may not be considered common-law partners.
[quote author=canuck_in_uk]
I will once again state that I've seen many couples on this forum who were living apart after becoming common-law be approved without issue and reference the CIC manual:

OP 2 Processing Members of the Family Class - 5.36

How can someone in Canada sponsor a common-law partner from outside Canada when the definition says “is cohabiting”?

According to case law, the definition of common-law partner should be read as “an individual who is (ordinarily) cohabiting”. After the one year period of cohabitation has been established, the partners may live a part for periods of time without legally breaking the cohabitation. For example, a couple may have been separated due to armed conflict, illness of a family member, or for employment or education-related reasons, and therefore do not cohabit at present (see also 5.44 for information on persecution and penal control). Despite the break in cohabitation, a common-law relationship exists if the couple has cohabited continuously in a conjugal relationship in the past for at least one year and intend to do so again as soon as possible. There should be evidence demonstrating that both parties are continuing the relationship, such as visits, correspondence, and telephone calls.

This situation is similar to a marriage where the parties are temporarily separated or not cohabiting for a variety of reasons, but still considers themselves to be married and living in a conjugal relationship with their spouse with the intention of living together as soon as possible. For common-law relationships (and marriage), the longer the period of separation without any cohabitation, the more difficult it is to establish that the common-law relationship (or marriage) still exists

[/quote]

Its really good to get different opinions about this; and I must say I do feel marginally more optimistic having seen how this situation is described in the manual, so thanks for that canuck_in_uk :)

[quote author=SchnookoLoly]
I'm hesitant to add you to the spreadsheet right now because I'm not certain you're eligible to be sponsored anymore. First is the DUI and removal from Canada; I don't know the rules around convictions and sponsorship, but I seem to have it on my mind that you can't be sponsored for PR while you are inadmissible to Canada, but I'm not certain about that.
[/quote]

And I must say that I'm a little disappointed not to be added to the spreadsheet. My PR IS being assessed, fortunately the embassy have not been so quick to dismiss, it hasn't been refused outright, and appears to be following the standard pattern, irrelevant of the outcome. Which will hopefully happen soon as it went 'In Process' on my ECAS on Oct 10. Is the spreadsheet only for successful applicants? It seems like unfair manipulation of the stats to me, but maybe I'm just disappointed at being rejected again lol!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
BChome said:
Its really good to get different opinions about this; and I must say I do feel marginally more optimistic having seen how this situation is described in the manual, so thanks for that canuck_in_uk :)

And I must say that I'm a little disappointed not to be added to the spreadsheet. My PR IS being assessed, fortunately the embassy have not been so quick to dismiss, it hasn't been refused outright, and appears to be following the standard pattern, irrelevant of the outcome. Which will hopefully happen soon as it went 'In Process' on my ECAS on Oct 10. Is the spreadsheet only for successful applicants? It seems like unfair manipulation of the stats to me, but maybe I'm just disappointed at being rejected again lol!
I cannot comment on your application but the spreadsheet would make little sense if it included the timelines of rejected applications. In its current form having rejected applications would affect all the formulas, etc.

Of course there could be a 'Rejected' tab but perhaps those applications are few and far between.

Anyway, I hope you get approved and your application makes it to the spreadsheet!

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
andrew-brit said:
I cannot comment on your application but the spreadsheet would make little sense if it included the timelines of rejected applications. In its current form having rejected applications would affect all the formulas, etc.

Of course there could be a 'Rejected' tab but perhaps those applications are few and far between.

Anyway, I hope you get approved and your application makes it to the spreadsheet!
Thanks! I hope so too!
Sorry, I'm still not clear on how data is entered into the spreadsheet, the way you describe it, rejected applications are not included, which is fair enough. However, if an application is refused upon submission then obviously it won't be added to the spreadsheet, but if the application proceeds through the standard structure before a decision is made (either positive or negative), are they not included in the spreadsheet while their case is being assessed and is in process? Is this not how the spreadsheet works? People submit their application timelines prior to their PR being issued? I'm confused...
A cynical person could interpret it in such a way, that it appears the administrators of the spreadsheet have made judgement on an application before processing has been completed by the embassy? It would nice to be corrected on this...

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
andrew-brit said:

Perhaps it would be useful to add a rejected tab to the spreadsheet?
I know that prior to starting my application, one of the first questions I posed was 'what percentage of applicants were successful and how many applications were rejected?' I imagine its a pretty common question when people are researching applying for PR. It would be really useful to have some figures displayed somewhere :) and if it was on the spreadsheet, it could also easily encompass at what stage during the application process it was rejected?
Just a thought... ...it could increase inclusivity and present a more thorough representation of PR application stats :)

ps I'm a scientist, I'm a numbers person! ;)

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
BChome said:
Thanks! I hope so too!
Sorry, I'm still not clear on how data is entered into the spreadsheet, the way you describe it, rejected applications are not included, which is fair enough. However, if an application is refused upon submission then obviously it won't be added to the spreadsheet, but if the application proceeds through the standard structure before a decision is made (either positive or negative), are they not included in the spreadsheet while their case is being assessed and is in process? Is this not how the spreadsheet works? People submit their application timelines prior to their PR being issued? I'm confused...
A cynical person could interpret it in such a way, that it appears the administrators of the spreadsheet have made judgement on an application before processing has been completed by the embassy? It would nice to be corrected on this...
Disclaimer. I am not responsible for the spreadsheet.

Ongoing applications are added to the spreadsheet[/b] by the editors. My application has been added, and if my application was to be refused I believe it would be removed. My reasoning for this is I have been looking at the spreadsheet for the last 3 months and have not seen any lines in it marked as rejected, so either there has never been a rejection or they are removed.

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
andrew-brit said:

Ongoing applications are added to the spreadsheet[/b] by the editors. My application has been added, and if my application was to be refused I believe it would be removed. My reasoning for this is I have been looking at the spreadsheet for the last 3 months and have not seen any lines in it marked as rejected, so either there has never been a rejection or they are removed.
Yep, that seems like standard procedure, which is why I'm a little miffed as to why I'm not being added to the spreadsheet?
Good luck Andrew-brit! I hope you get to Canada soon!

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
andrew-brit said:

This is my timeline, but I've been told I can not be added to the spreadsheet...?

PR application received 22 Aug 2013
sponsor approval 11 Sept 2013
RPRF and (2nd updated) medical requested 10 July 2014
RPRF receipt and medical results received 26 July 2014
Case in process 10 Oct 2014
RCMP fingerprints, new UK police certificate, and updated schedule A requested 15 Oct 2014
Received 24 Oct 2014

I don't understand what is wrong with this information and why it can't be added?

BChome

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Wales
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0512 and 2121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
15-07-14 & 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
15-07-2014
Med's Done....
BChome said:
Perhaps it would be useful to add a rejected tab to the spreadsheet?
I know that prior to starting my application, one of the first questions I posed was 'what percentage of applicants were successful and how many applications were rejected?' I imagine its a pretty common question when people are researching applying for PR. It would be really useful to have some figures displayed somewhere :) and if it was on the spreadsheet, it could also easily encompass at what stage during the application process it was rejected?
Just a thought... ...it could increase inclusivity and present a more thorough representation of PR application stats :)

ps I'm a scientist, I'm a numbers person! ;)
And to add a further suggestion to this; completed successful applicants appear green on the spreadsheet, unfinished applications are presented in white, how about red (or any other colour) for rejected ones? Then the date in the DM column would apply to both the successful and rejected applications? A whole load more data and information could be added to the spreadsheet without significantly altering the current format or increasing input work load?
How about it spreadsheet people?

Anybody else have any thoughts on this?
...all systems (including basic excel spreadsheets) should be in a constant state of evolution so improvements are continually made, don't you think?