+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
So finally I've landed and I must say it's awesome to be back!!

My landing experience was interesting - to start no one could leave the plane until police officers had boarded to take these 3 guys of!

I got through customs ok just showed my copr and the guy there just asked me if I had any alcohol/tobacco or food in my bags

He then directed me to immigration, there was only about 5 people in front of me but because of the guys from the plane above two immigration officers were busy with them and that left I think maybe 3 others free - so I had to wait about 30-40 minutes

Finally the lady I saw was really nice and helpful she just asked who I was sponsored by then read over the copr with me got me to initial by each bit and then sign it

She stamped my passport and my copr, she kept the copr with my picture on and gave me the other copy of my copr - she also told me to take good care of it as I will need it in the future to apply for citenzenship

This process took about 20 minutes as she had to answer the phone a few times to

Now the only thing I am concerned about is the address, she wanted a physical address so I gave the one we are moving to and she said my pr card will go there! I said I have a po box to send my pr card to and she said no it's fine they can deliver it to the address!!!!

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works and I'm not going to get my pr card now! She did give me info on how to change my address with them if I need to

Has anyone else had there pr card delivered to there physical address?? I always though you need a po box for that

Thanks and sorry for the essay, just trying to be detailed for others who will be landing soon

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Chevy23 said:

My landing experience was interesting - to start no one could leave the plane until police officers had boarded to take these 3 guys of!

I got through customs ok just showed my copr and the guy there just asked me if I had any alcohol/tobacco or food in my bags

He then directed me to immigration, there was only about 5 people in front of me but because of the guys from the plane above two immigration officers were busy with them and that left I think maybe 3 others free - so I had to wait about 30-40 minutes

Finally the lady I saw was really nice and helpful she just asked who I was sponsored by then read over the copr with me got me to initial by each bit and then sign it

She stamped my passport and my copr, she kept the copr with my picture on and gave me the other copy of my copr - she also told me to take good care of it as I will need it in the future to apply for citenzenship

This process took about 20 minutes as she had to answer the phone a few times to

Now the only thing I am concerned about is the address, she wanted a physical address so I gave the one we are moving to and she said my pr card will go there! I said I have a po box to send my pr card to and she said no it's fine they can deliver it to the address!!!!

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works and I'm not going to get my pr card now! She did give me info on how to change my address with them if I need to

Has anyone else had there pr card delivered to there physical address?? I always though you need a po box for that

Thanks and sorry for the essay, just trying to be detailed for others who will be landing soon
PR cards are normally delivered to a physical address. If you offer a PO BOX, they might decide that it's not acceptable and decline to apply for it at the time of landing. What most people do if they are only coming to "land" but are not yet intending to "settle" is to provide the address of a trusted relative or friend. They can then forward it on to you if you have to leave Canada before it arrives.

zameer2u

May 4, 2014
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
Doc's Request.
Orig Edu Docs received in CA : 19th Dec 2014
AOR Received.
05-01-2014
File Transfer...
24-01-2014
Med's Request
Expired 03-Oct-2014 , Re-Med on 22-Jan-2015
Med's Done....
28 Jan 2015
Interview........
Waived Decision Made: 10-02-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2015, Received PP...: 13-03-2015
my timeline is on the left, plz add me to the spread sheet
thanks

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Chevy23 said:

Thanks for your updates Chevy! it helps to have all the experienced info we can get :) Looking forward when we have our chance!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
zardoz said:
PR cards are normally delivered to a physical address. If you offer a PO BOX, they might decide that it's not acceptable and decline to apply for it at the time of landing. What most people do if they are only coming to "land" but are not yet intending to "settle" is to provide the address of a trusted relative or friend. They can then forward it on to you if you have to leave Canada before it arrives.
I've now just found out that because we are living in Banff, the whole of Banff does not get delivery to an address only to a po box

So now I'm def going to have to update my address I have a number to call so I will gove that a try

Has anyone updated their pr card address? Is it best to call them? Or is there an online tool I can use?

@canadianinuk, thanks and I wish you luck with your application I'm still going to be around on the forum so if there's anything I can help with I will try my best :)

ConfuseApplicant

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Hello all,

First of many thanks for creating this thread. I am going to marry my fiancee, this December, who currently living in London, UK. I am not preparing for her sponsorship application for probably early 2015.

I encounter one confusion. Is there any minimum income limit to sponsor wife (first marriage for both of us and none of has any dependent). Reason is I am a graduate student and gets scholarship, which is not considered as income.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
ConfuseApplicant said:
Hello all,

First of many thanks for creating this thread. I am going to marry my fiancee, this December, who currently living in London, UK. I am not preparing for her sponsorship application for probably early 2015.

I encounter one confusion. Is there any minimum income limit to sponsor wife (first marriage for both of us and none of has any dependent). Reason is I am a graduate student and gets scholarship, which is not considered as income.
There is no minimum income for you. You do not even need to be employed.

Petitepoutine

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014; 16-03-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-07-2015
If someone wants to update the spreadsheet, we received an email today requesting an additional form (apparently we forgot to submit IMM5406). Sent it via email AND by the post today.

Bit bummed out that we forgot the form, but at least, we know things are moving along and can now access ECAS...

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
spreadsheet question...

If it helps you can add in my notes that I didn't pay RPRF upfront (don't know why!) but I did pay it before it was requested, on 9th September 2014.

Also, not sure if it's just a coincidence but the person below me in the spreadsheet, nishra, also has in their notes that they paid RPRF in early sept...not sure if that was meant to be in my notes or we both are just on the same path!

Thanks for your help :)

kalexandra

Aug 31, 2014
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
File Transfer...
06-08-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-01-2015
Hi everyone just a quick update to say I received my COPR in the post today so you can update the spreadsheet!
I am so excited!!!!!!
My moving date will be 21st January so all I have to do is book my flights now :)

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
kalexandra said:
Hi everyone just a quick update to say I received my COPR in the post today so you can update the spreadsheet!
I am so excited!!!!!!
My moving date will be 21st January so all I have to do is book my flights now :)
Congrats! Let us know how your landing goes :)

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
After requesting my ATIP notes, there´s finally been some movement on my application (what a coincidence)

As of 24th September, I´ve now gone 'in process'. Hopefully a DM will follow soon after. Also, I´m living in Montreal.

Thanks

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
kalexandra said:
I am so excited!!!!!!
I am just looking at your timeline at the side, just wondering when you say Aor do you mean sponsorship or did you actually get an AOR. how did you know when your file was transferred to London or where they done here in Mississauga? Congratulations !!!