+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
SchnookoLoly said:
Hi All,

In the interests of getting an idea of how processing times are affecting the London office, if you have applied DIRECTLY to London (not been transferred from Islamabad) then please post your timeline over here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.0.html;new#new

Then we can get you added to the London spreadsheet, linked in my signature. We are trying to get a better idea of how timelines are comparing for applicants who would be normally applying to London (British, Irish, Swedish, etc) as compared to Pakistani applicants being sent directly to London.

Thanks! :)
Hi SchnookoLoly,

In regards to your post in another thread, this will surely help applicants from Pakistan to compare the timelines. Here is my timeline so far.

App Received by CIC Mississauga : May 14, 2014
Married
Sponsor Approval : July 16, 2014
CSQ Approval : July 23rd, 2014
Medical was sent with the application
No Extra Documents are requested up till now

File transferred directly to London from Mississauga
Me (Sponsor) living in Montreal, Quebec
Principal Applicant (My wife) living in Pakistan

Please let me know if there is further info required to add in the spreadsheet

Thanks

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
shinningstar said:
Hi SchnookoLoly,

In regards to your post in another thread, this will surely help applicants from Pakistan to compare the timelines. Here is my timeline so far.

App Received by CIC Mississauga : May 14, 2014
Married
Sponsor Approval : July 16, 2014
CSQ Approval : July 23rd, 2014
Medical was sent with the application
No Extra Documents are requested up till now

File transferred directly to London from Mississauga
Me (Sponsor) living in Montreal, Quebec
Principal Applicant (My wife) living in Pakistan

Please let me know if there is further info required to add in the spreadsheet

Thanks
Thanks for adding your information! I've slotted you in. I agree, it will help both applicants from the UK and the other countries who apply through London as well as applicants from Pakistan get a bit of a better idea about what to expect in terms of timescales. Cheers!

NortoCan

Jul 14, 2014
Have been checking ECAS daily since the other ones that went "In Process" on September 2nd already had gotten either DM or the letter in the mail. And today when I checked my status had also changed to "Decision Made".. :eek: ;D

Now the mail can't get here soon enough ;D

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
NortoCan said:
Have been checking ECAS daily since the other ones that went "In Process" on September 2nd already had gotten either DM or the letter in the mail. And today when I checked my status had also changed to "Decision Made".. :eek: ;D

Congrats! Hopefully COPR isn't far behind! :)

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
SchnookoLoly said:
Thanks for adding your information! I've slotted you in. I agree, it will help both applicants from the UK and the other countries who apply through London as well as applicants from Pakistan get a bit of a better idea about what to expect in terms of timescales. Cheers!
Although for now I haven't seen much difference in the application processing time for ppl applying from London

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
shinningstar said:
Although for now I haven't seen much difference in the application processing time for ppl applying from London
Hah! Not quite. There's been a huge slowdown. There are still tons of people from October and November waiting, way more than would be expected at the 10-11 month mark! For awhile people were being approved inside 6 months like clockwork, waiting 7 or 8 was being really hard done by! More recently, though, it's slowed down to the point where 7-8-9 months is becoming more and more common and the average stats are creeping slowly upwards.

If you look at the cover sheet, it has stats of the last 20 approvals... and off of those, the average is getting close to 8 months. It used to be 5.

Things are definitely slowing down.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
MrPineappleHead said:
My application was received back in mid Jan with sponsorship approval exactly a month later. I've not heard a peep from CIC in London since they requested additional proof of cohabitation on the 7th of April.

My medicals will expire in mid November, when should I get in email contact with CIC about getting this extended?

I'm truly peeved off at the totally lack of communication from CIC and the ridiculous amount of time this process is taking. It's great seeing other people who applied around the same time as me get their 'Decision Made' updates, but I'm starting to feel quite left behind :'(. It's a pretty isolating experience being out of the workforce for almost 6 months. I'll try not to become too bitter though.
I can totally understand how you feel, and I felt the same way a few times as well. I promise as soon as you have a decision made you almost forget how difficult this process can be. Also, if it makes it any better you are not alone, there are people that have applied before you still waiting. One application has been waiting for 13 months now. Fingers crossed you hear something soon.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
NortoCan said:

Congratulations!

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Graihn said:
Thanks, hopefully by next week. Want to start making the necessary plans for international office transfer to Canada.

Saw that holgerdanske got his in 3 days to Denmark.

So you can also update that my VO is London and location is Stockholm, Sweden.

tHanks
Congratulations! Lets have a fika and celebrate it! I am also waiting in Stockholm for my DM :D

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
saeedar said:
Congratulations! Lets have a fika and celebrate it! I am also waiting in Stockholm for my DM :D
Haha thanks! I'm in India now though !

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
MrPineappleHead said:
My application was received back in mid Jan with sponsorship approval exactly a month later. I've not heard a peep from CIC in London since they requested additional proof of cohabitation on the 7th of April.

My medicals will expire in mid November, when should I get in email contact with CIC about getting this extended?

I'm truly peeved off at the totally lack of communication from CIC and the ridiculous amount of time this process is taking. It's great seeing other people who applied around the same time as me get their 'Decision Made' updates, but I'm starting to feel quite left behind :'(. It's a pretty isolating experience being out of the workforce for almost 6 months. I'll try not to become too bitter though.
You are not alone. Mine is in LVO from January. Just be patient!
About your medical exam, you can send them an email one or two month before it is expired. Mine expires in October and I sent an email two weeks ago. Now it is extended for another year.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
saeedar said:
You are not alone. Mine is in LVO from January. Just be patient!
About your medical exam, you can send them an email one or two month before it is expired. Mine expires in October and I sent an email two weeks ago. Now it is extended for another year.
+1. About 6 weeks before it expires, drop them an email.

Some people, like saeedar, have theirs extended for a year.

Someone on BE emailed, and CIC emailed back and said "we're about to issue your COPR. Can you land by x date?" The guy said yes (it was about 6 weeks after his medical expiry) and COPR arrived a week later with that date on it.

Worst case, they'll ask you to go for a second medical, which gives you another year. This request is pretty rare, though.

So you have a few options, just depends what CIC decides!

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Hah! Not quite. There's been a huge slowdown. There are still tons of people from October and November waiting, way more than would be expected at the 10-11 month mark! For awhile people were being approved inside 6 months like clockwork, waiting 7 or 8 was being really hard done by! More recently, though, it's slowed down to the point where 7-8-9 months is becoming more and more common and the average stats are creeping slowly upwards.

If you look at the cover sheet, it has stats of the last 20 approvals... and off of those, the average is getting close to 8 months. It used to be 5.

Things are definitely slowing down.

Sigh...I think I might bring bad luck! I applied Inland JUST when the halt happened, didn't even get an AOR for more than 5 months, applied Outland instead and now it looks like London is slowing down...you guys can blame it on me 8)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
alicia13 said:
Sigh...I think I might bring bad luck! I applied Inland JUST when the halt happened, didn't even get an AOR for more than 5 months, applied Outland instead and now it looks like London is slowing down...you guys can blame it on me 8)
Haha. PRetty sure the slowdown is because of Islamabad. :p

On the upside, outland will STILL be faster overall!

NortoCan

Jul 14, 2014
So.... When I applied for my PR I put my in-laws address as the mailing address because me and my boyfriend didn't know if we would be staying at our place through the entire processing of our application. Yesterday my boyfriends brother called and said that there was a letter in the mail for me from CIC (I also got DM on ECAS yesterday). I asked if he had signed for the letter and he said no, so now I'm dying of curiosity about this letter. I won't get to see it until tomorrow but I'm wondering whether this is my COPR or if it's a letter regarding my extension as a visitor (which would be strange since I applied online) :eek:

I might be weird but I don't want him to open it for me, because I wanna do it myself. So I guess I can't really complain :p But I'm just really nervous and at the same time excited to see what it really is.