+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

lola_b

Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2014
Doc's Request.
03-10-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Thanks! I've added you. Where are you guys right now? Closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

Once you have sponsor approval through, your letter will say which office is actually processing your application - there's a mix of London, Ottawa, and Mississauga right now! We'll see where yours ends up! :)
Oh of course sorry - Calgary!! And yes I will keep the board updated. I should expect it by email, or post?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
If you provided an email, then you PROBABLY will get an email (be sure to check your Spam folder too!). A handful of people get it in the post even though they did provide an email, so keep an eye on both, but if you provided an email then you'll probably get an email. :)

Added your city! Thanks!

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
When you moved last month, did you inform CIC of your change of address? You should certainly do that. Showing them that your address has updated to Canada now should be good enough. You can include in the email that you send that your husband (who presumably is the Canadian) has started working, and that you will start working as soon as your PR comes through. No need to send much more than that!

I'd hope you aren't too far away from getting your result, but there are still quite a few waiting from Oct-Nov-Dec last year and only a handful from Jan-Feb who have been approved so far, so you might have a few more weeks ahead of you yet. Certainly the number of approvals that have been coming through have slowed down... there was one on 27-Aug and then nothing new until a few days ago! I think the reshuffling of applications between offices is really affecting wait times.

Good luck!
Thnx for your reply, I did inform my address change for the both of us last month. Will inform them if we move!

I know lot of ppl are waiting that applied before me and it seems all to be almost about luck when you get it (and when it's about my husband and me, we're probably always the most unlucky ones and get things last, so we're not even surprised), I just wish they could at least request something so I could see they are doing something about my application! Especially since I'm paranoid they're sending me requests and I'm just not getting them due to some email typo or something... Like happened with my CSQ request.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Aniabella said:
Thnx for your reply, I did inform my address change for the both of us last month. Will inform them if we move!

I know lot of ppl are waiting that applied before me and it seems all to be almost about luck when you get it (and when it's about my husband and me, we're probably always the most unlucky ones and get things last, so we're not even surprised), I just wish they could at least request something so I could see they are doing something about my application! Especially since I'm paranoid they're sending me requests and I'm just not getting them due to some email typo or something... Like happened with my CSQ request.
It's probably a bit of luck, but there are a ton of different factors in there. CIC requests security checks from RCMP and a few other places sometimes. Sometimes those checks come back quickly, and sometimes they take a bit longer. Sometimes they have to send for secondary or even tertiary checks depending on the results. Sometimes they have to request RCMP fingerprints if you share the same name and/or birthdate with a known criminal, so that's a delay. Sometimes they may take a bit longer to match up your payment record with your application, or your medical record with your application. And sometimes there are just mistakes, like your CSQ and such. There are quite a lot of factors that feed into how slowly or quickly an application goes through... the spreadsheet and others timelines is just meant to give a broad indication of how things are progressing... it looks like right now it's applications filed between October and February that are being approved. Fingers crossed yours isn't too much longer, but just sit tight. :)

keego_1

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Im being possessed in Londen, :eek: he he! Sorry could,nt help it :-[, processed...ahem.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Hello,

I completed my additional medical tests today - for spreadsheet

kalexandra

Aug 31, 2014
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
File Transfer...
06-08-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2014
LANDED..........
20-01-2015
Need people's opinions!
The London VO emailed me with details of sending extra documents like visa photos so my copr could be issued. At the bottom it said I could get in touch with them if I hadnt heard anything within 4 weeks.
It's been 4 weeks and I havent heard anything!
I've checked their website and it says email is the only way of contacting them.
So my questions are:
1.Have any of you emailed the VO before? If so, how long did it take for them to reply?
2. Is it worth calling the CIC in Mississauga? will they know what is going on?

I know my application has been accepted alot quicker than some other applications and I am very grateful for that, I'm just wondering what's going on with it that's all and if it's worth contacting them or leaving it for a while :)
Thanks guys!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
kalexandra said:
Need people's opinions!
The London VO emailed me with details of sending extra documents like visa photos so my copr could be issued. At the bottom it said I could get in touch with them if I hadnt heard anything within 4 weeks.
I've checked their website and it says email is the only way of contacting them.
So my questions are:
1.Have any of you emailed the VO before? If so, how long did it take for them to reply?

I know my application has been accepted alot quicker than some other applications and I am very grateful for that, I'm just wondering what's going on with it that's all and if it's worth contacting them or leaving it for a while :)
Thanks guys!
You should email them, they always read them but don't always reply. When they didn't reply to me I ordered gcms notes then an hour later they replied

So it's definitely worth emailing them especially if your past their specified waiting time - just write that in the email

Calling Mississauga is useless as once your application has left there they can't help you and will tell you to just contact London

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
kalexandra said:
Need people's opinions!
So my questions are:

Thanks guys!
Hi Kelaxandra

I have emailed them before so many times as my case is still processing and its been more than two year. Here is the email address in London, DGT provided this for me on Feb 11, 2013 and they do reply depending on the urgency of your query or your case. When I emailed them before, they replied within 2-5 days

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london

Give it a try. Good luck.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Something is happening again with my case (my case is like a snail pace) - London asked for copy of bio data page from the passport to be emailed to them. Wow hope this is it now. I've waited long enough now.

Angel28

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
Doc's Request.
23-12-2014 / 16-03-2015
AOR Received.
27-02-2014
File Transfer...
19-03-2014
Med's Request
upfront / July 22, 2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2014 / 19-08-2015
Interview........
No
qtazngal said:
Hi Kelaxandra

I have emailed them before so many times as my case is still processing and its been more than two year. Here is the email address in London, DGT provided this for me on Feb 11, 2013 and they do reply depending on the urgency of your query or your case. When I emailed them before, they replied within 2-5 days

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=london

Give it a try. Good luck.
Yes, you're right I e-mail them the reply me this
Your file is only 8 months into processing. It will be many months before we are able to review this file.
I'm not sure meaning of it. I'm worry about it.

EagleMan

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=red][b]Islamabad>>London :)[/b][/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue][b]June-2013[/b][/color][/move]
AOR Received.
[move][color=green][b]July-2013[/b][/color][/move]
File Transfer...
[move][color=brown][b]July-2013[/b][/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=purple][b] Oct-2014 [/b][/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=purple][b]Oct 2014[/b][/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green][b]PPR 2 on 4th Nov 2014[/b][/color][/move]
Angel28 said:
Your file is only 8 months into processing. It will be many months before we are able to review this file.
Many more months? ???

Can you copy paste the exact email reply?

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
lola_b said:
Oh of course sorry - Calgary!! And yes I will keep the board updated. I should expect it by email, or post?
Just for info - I got both :) An email first and then the same letter followed in the post.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
PF said:
Hello,

I completed my additional medical tests today - for spreadsheet
Awesome, updated.

Angel28 said:
EagleMan said:
Many more months? ???

Can you copy paste the exact email reply?
If you guys want to be added to the spreadsheet, then please post back here with:
-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not you are non-visa exempt
-Current location - closest major city is fine

If you post back with all that stuff then I (or one of the other editors) will add you to the spreadsheet.

As for it being months, yes, that is probably correct. Angel28, in your case, your application I think only got to London (or whatever office is processing you) in March - and the posted time of 11 months is from that date, not from the date you originally filed. So it's only been there 6 months, so could be quite a bit longer. In addition, if you are filing from Pakistan (I am guessing that this is the case based on your flag) then I'd expect your processing time to be well above the processing time of Brits. But that's just a guess. :)

In any case, let me know your dates - it will be interesting to see how processing times vary in London, and will help inform everyone who is applying via London.