+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
I have updated everyone above.

saeedar said:
Hi,
MP has recently told us that CIC will ask for military service exemption card and because of that my background check is pending. I am planning to go to my home country Iran, end of November and keep waiting there. So far it has been 10 months waiting time for us.

Do you know if in case of an interview I can choose another migration office like Ankara or it must be LVO or any other that I don't know?
I do not know for sure, but I do not think you have a choice of office. I have not heard of anyone being allowed to choose.

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
File recieved 16th July 2014, I recieved my sponsorship approval on 16th September, i'm in the UK but my file is being processed in Mississauga

kateface

Apr 29, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Spreadsheet updates: Our application is processing in London, my current location is Hull, UK and I had my change of address (when I moved back to the UK from canada) confirmed 2 September.

In other news: does anyone have any thoughts/experience on the importance of police checks? I lived in Saint Lucia for right on 6 months but didnt include a police check as I was getting frustrated trying to figure out HOW to go about getting one as a foreign national. Im now trying to sort it out so that Ill have it all ready if its requested but Im not getting very far. is there anyone else who has had trouble getting checks from anywhere and what was your experience with cic because of it?

Hope you're all doing ok :)

anonapplicant8

Aug 28, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 16-10-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
ATTENTION 2014 APPLICANTS

So in the past six or so months, London has been a bit chaotic in terms of applications. They are processing a bunch of applications from Islamabad to help with the backlog there, and as a result, a bunch of people who have requested processing in London have had their applications transferred to Mississauga or Ottawa.

If you applied in 2014, please post here and let us know which office is processing your application. It will say it in your sponsor approval letter, something along the lines of "Your file has been transferred to -x- for processing."

Thanks everyone!

-Schnooks, Becki567, and ghunter, your friendly spreadsheet editors. :)
Hi,

Could I be added to the sheet.

Application sent: 22-Aug-2014
Received by tracking: 25-Aug-2014
Visa Office: London was put on the form but not sure yet.
Notes: Sent old IMM1344 (Updated form not requested yet)

Thank you.

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Becki567 said:
I have updated everyone above.

I do not know for sure, but I do not think you have a choice of office. I have not heard of anyone being allowed to choose.
Thanks Becki. I hope that they will request the document soon.
Where can I ask this question? LVO never answers emails.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
TheJim said:
File recieved 16th July 2014, I recieved my sponsorship approval on 16th September, i'm in the UK but my file is being processed in Mississauga
Saw you on BE and added you there. :) FYI for future updates you can just post on either of the boards as the three of us watch both!

kateface said:
Hello Everyone,

Spreadsheet updates: Our application is processing in London, my current location is Hull, UK and I had my change of address (when I moved back to the UK from canada) confirmed 2 September.

In other news: does anyone have any thoughts/experience on the importance of police checks? I lived in Saint Lucia for right on 6 months but didnt include a police check as I was getting frustrated trying to figure out HOW to go about getting one as a foreign national. Im now trying to sort it out so that Ill have it all ready if its requested but Im not getting very far. is there anyone else who has had trouble getting checks from anywhere and what was your experience with cic because of it?

Hope you're all doing ok :)
Updated your location, thanks! As for the police check, CIC has a page that has a link to each country and tells you exactly how to get a police check for that country. I'd keep trying to get it unless you find otherwise on CIC. Since it was right on 6 moths I suspect that yes, you are going to have it requested - they are pretty strict about it.

anonapplicant8 said:
Hi,

Thank you.
Added. I need to know whether you're applying as Married or Common-law, and your location (nearest major city is good enough!). Thanks!

anonapplicant8 said:
Hi,

Thank you.
Added; as above, married/common-law and location, please!

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
Application in progress August 5th. We're at 9 months now and thinking this is a bit ridiculous.

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
canuknz said:
Application in progress August 5th. We're at 9 months now and thinking this is a bit ridiculous.
Ask your MP to check your status with CIC. You may need extra document as happened for us. My application is pending because of lacking one document and they don't ask for it.
MP says I must wait for their request.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
saeedar said:
Ask your MP to check your status with CIC. You may need extra document as happened for us. My application is pending because of lacking one document and they don't ask for it.
MP says I must wait for their request.
No, do not do this. Get your MP to intervene once you have passed the posted processing time, which right now for London is 11 months from when they receive your application. 9 months, while over the average, is still WELL within London's posted processing time. Getting your MP to intervene takes up time that they don't have that can be better spent elsewhere.

Send CIC a case-specific email, using both their email address and the online enquiry form. Leave your MP out of it until you've passed London's processing time.

canuknz - updated!

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
Hello everyone,

So, my husband and I moved to Canada last month as planned even though I haven't so far gotten even one single request from LVO since we filed our application in January and July GCMS showed absolutely no progress after Mississauga. Hopefully next week we'll get some news in the new notes we ordered few weeks ago.

Anyway, my husband will probably get a job here soon and because of that, we might move next week. Besides the obvious address change, should I also scan LVO the new lease and inform them about his new job? We sent them some papers in our initial application to prove his intentions of returning to Canada, so should we now prove that he really did it now?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Btw, we are being processed in London and our location is Montreal.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Aniabella said:
Hello everyone,

So, my husband and I moved to Canada last month as planned even though I haven't so far gotten even one single request from LVO since we filed our application in January and July GCMS showed absolutely no progress after Mississauga. Hopefully next week we'll get some news in the new notes we ordered few weeks ago.

Anyway, my husband will probably get a job here soon and because of that, we might move next week. Besides the obvious address change, should I also scan LVO the new lease and inform them about his new job? We sent them some papers in our initial application to prove his intentions of returning to Canada, so should we now prove that he really did it now?

Thank you for your thoughts!

Btw, we are being processed in London and our location is Montreal.
When you moved last month, did you inform CIC of your change of address? You should certainly do that. Showing them that your address has updated to Canada now should be good enough. You can include in the email that you send that your husband (who presumably is the Canadian) has started working, and that you will start working as soon as your PR comes through. No need to send much more than that!

I'd hope you aren't too far away from getting your result, but there are still quite a few waiting from Oct-Nov-Dec last year and only a handful from Jan-Feb who have been approved so far, so you might have a few more weeks ahead of you yet. Certainly the number of approvals that have been coming through have slowed down... there was one on 27-Aug and then nothing new until a few days ago! I think the reshuffling of applications between offices is really affecting wait times.

Good luck!

anonapplicant8

Aug 28, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 16-10-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Saw you on BE and added you there. :) FYI for future updates you can just post on either of the boards as the three of us watch both!

Updated your location, thanks! As for the police check, CIC has a page that has a link to each country and tells you exactly how to get a police check for that country. I'd keep trying to get it unless you find otherwise on CIC. Since it was right on 6 moths I suspect that yes, you are going to have it requested - they are pretty strict about it.

Added. I need to know whether you're applying as Married or Common-law, and your location (nearest major city is good enough!). Thanks!

Added; as above, married/common-law and location, please!
City: Cambridge, UK
Married

Thank you :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012

lola_b

Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2014
Doc's Request.
03-10-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2014
Hi all!
Thank you so much for all the advice and help on here. Although I am a new registrant and first time poster - I have been reading the forum for years and it has proved indispensable for preparing the application!

Please can you add us to the spreadsheet?

Application type - Outland married
Application sent - August 23 2014
Application received - August 25 2014.
Visa office requested was London as my husband is British.

Any other info you may need?
Now we wait :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
lola_b said:
Hi all!
Thank you so much for all the advice and help on here. Although I am a new registrant and first time poster - I have been reading the forum for years and it has proved indispensable for preparing the application!

Please can you add us to the spreadsheet?

Application type - Outland married
Application sent - August 23 2014
Application received - August 25 2014.
Visa office requested was London as my husband is British.

Any other info you may need?
Now we wait :)
Thanks! I've added you. Where are you guys right now? Closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!

Once you have sponsor approval through, your letter will say which office is actually processing your application - there's a mix of London, Ottawa, and Mississauga right now! We'll see where yours ends up! :)