+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Updated you both! Thanks for paying it forward! :)

Scotmoose

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-June-2014
File Transfer...
21-August-2014
Med's Done....
08-May-2014
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
N\A
VISA ISSUED...
In process as of 23 Jul 2015. COPR received 22 Sep 2015
LANDED..........
?
I'm hoping that the sending of applications to the Ottawa Office for some London applications, will start speeding things up for everyone in London. Considering we're a visa exempt country, it's crazy we're having to wait 11 months when Ottawa is issuing in 3 months.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
;D

OMG. First update since February. My application changed to "In Process" today, however it said they started processing on September 8th (I have been checking daily since then)!

Almost crapped my pants.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Graihn said:
;D

OMG. First update since February. My application changed to "In Process" today, however it said they started processing on September 8th (I have been checking daily since then)!

Almost crapped my pants.
Awesome news Graihn!!

Hopefully DM will follow shortly :)

amyt1984

Sep 11, 2014
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-05-2014
File Transfer...
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
Hi

I am new to this and would like to be added to the spreadsheet please :)

We have had a bit of a delay (thanks to the CRA) but just found out yesterday that my boyfriend is approved as a sponsor, and my file is winging its way to London. Fingers crossed there are no more delays!

Application received: 27th May (Mississauga)
Reissue of document requested: 10th July
Sponsor approved: 10th September
Medical: Upfront

Does anyone know how likely it is that I will need to have an interview in London? and at what stage in the process they are normally requested? Im hoping to head to Canada at Christmas for an 'extended holiday', as I simply can't wait any longer.

Also, does anyone know why I can't edit my profile on here?

Thanks

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Chevy23 said:
Awesome news Graihn!!

Hopefully DM will follow shortly :)
Thanks! I am in chock. I am sure I will be disappointed again soon though by more wait time.

Hoping it's the 3-10 days for DM and not 2 months (based on spreadsheet)

keego_1

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Thanks a mill for getting back to me SchnookoLoly, and putting the info on the Spreadsheet, I am in Dublin..... ;)

keego_1

Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
04-06-2014
Chevy23 said:
I've never heard of it happening like that

The address of the visa office where your application has been sent will be in the sponsorship approval
Hi Chevy23 yeap I got a letter from them saying that my partner was eligible as Sponser. And stating that the visa would be sent to London.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
amyt1984 said:
Hi

We have had a bit of a delay (thanks to the CRA) but just found out yesterday that my boyfriend is approved as a sponsor, and my file is winging its way to London. Fingers crossed there are no more delays!

Does anyone know how likely it is that I will need to have an interview in London? and at what stage in the process they are normally requested? Im hoping to head to Canada at Christmas for an 'extended holiday', as I simply can't wait any longer.

Thanks
Interviews through London are rare and you will probably not need one

But if needed I imagine it would be nearer the end of the process

You need to post a total of 10 posts to be able to edit your profile

amyt1984

Sep 11, 2014
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-05-2014
File Transfer...
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
Chevy23 said:
Interviews through London are rare and you will probably not need one

But if needed I imagine it would be nearer the end of the process

You need to post a total of 10 posts to be able to edit your profile
Awesome, thanks!!! ;D

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
Thanks God, they have received required IMM1344 form!! Smiley

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
amyt1984 said:
Hi

Thanks
Hello, and welcome!

I've added you. Glad SA is finally through!

Highly unlikely that you will be called for an interview. In over two years on here and on BritishExpats, I've seen a grand total of one person called for an interview. So it's very, very unlikely. (You can see on the spreadsheet the number of people who are already in Canada and applying outland!) Where are you in the UK right now? We are tracking locations for 2014 applicants; nearest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! :)

As for extended holiday, that's also not a problem. Take with you a copy of your receipt showing you've paid the fees, a copy of your SA letter or email, and a screenshot of ECAS. You can enter Canada under what's called 'dual intent' - that is, entering with two intentions - the first to enter as a visitor and comply with all restrictions based on visitors (including having a return ticket), but a secondary intention of hopefully staying permanently, subject to PR being approved. If you are travelling with your CAnadian spouse (in this case, spouse being common-law partner) and have all your evidence, there's about a 99.9% chance of you getting in with no problems. You'll probably be stamped for 6 months entry; if you need longer you can either request it from the agent there and then (may or may not work), but you can also apply for an extension online about a week before your visitor record expires.

Hope that helps!

keego_1 said:
Thanks a mill for getting back to me SchnookoLoly, and putting the info on the Spreadsheet, I am in Dublin..... ;)
I am assuming that you are Irish, then? I loved Dublin when I visited. :) (It's useful for the spreadsheet to highlight apps where the PA is not British, you'l lsee a few other lines in the Notes column where it says 'PA is Irish' or other nationality!)

GISGeek said:
Thanks God, they have received required IMM1344 form!! Smiley
Awesome, updated. A question, though, I see the PA is Pakistani, and you are currently located in Pakistan, so how is it that you are able to apply through London? Did you originally apply to Islamabad, and then your file was transferred to London? OR did you apply directly to London?

amyt1984

Sep 11, 2014
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-05-2014
File Transfer...
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
Hi

Yes that's all really useful.... thank you. Just need to carry on waiting now I suppose.

My nearest city is Belfast, Northern Ireland if you need it.

SchnookoLoly said:
Hello, and welcome!

I've added you. Glad SA is finally through!

Highly unlikely that you will be called for an interview. In over two years on here and on BritishExpats, I've seen a grand total of one person called for an interview. So it's very, very unlikely. (You can see on the spreadsheet the number of people who are already in Canada and applying outland!) Where are you in the UK right now? We are tracking locations for 2014 applicants; nearest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific! :)

As for extended holiday, that's also not a problem. Take with you a copy of your receipt showing you've paid the fees, a copy of your SA letter or email, and a screenshot of ECAS. You can enter Canada under what's called 'dual intent' - that is, entering with two intentions - the first to enter as a visitor and comply with all restrictions based on visitors (including having a return ticket), but a secondary intention of hopefully staying permanently, subject to PR being approved. If you are travelling with your CAnadian spouse (in this case, spouse being common-law partner) and have all your evidence, there's about a 99.9% chance of you getting in with no problems. You'll probably be stamped for 6 months entry; if you need longer you can either request it from the agent there and then (may or may not work), but you can also apply for an extension online about a week before your visitor record expires.

Hope that helps!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
amyt1984 said:
Hi

Yes that's all really useful.... thank you. Just need to carry on waiting now I suppose.

My nearest city is Belfast, Northern Ireland if you need it.
At least you know you aren't alone in the waiting game... you can see how many others are in the same boat!

Thanks for the location as well! :)