+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
At least you know you aren't alone in the waiting game... you can see how many others are in the same boat!

Thanks for the location as well! :)
Hi. Please add me as "In Process" as of sept 8

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Graihn said:
;D

OMG. First update since February. My application changed to "In Process" today, however it said they started processing on September 8th (I have been checking daily since then)!

Almost crapped my pants.

Fantastic news !!!!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Graihn said:
Hi. Please add me as "In Process" as of sept 8
Done, sorry I missed you before! :)

afroza

Jul 5, 2014
afroza said:
Thank you for your reply. Yea that's why we are very worried at this point. We are feeling also it's very long. One of my friend got the visa withing 4 weeks after "in process" status change. I will see if CIC reply to me. sigh.. :(

Application received: Dec, 23rd/2013
Sponsor approved: Jan, 28/2014
In process: July, 5th/2014

Please add me to the spreadsheet. Thank you.
Does anyone know if we apply for visitor visa for my husband to be here for the baby's birth, will this affect the sponsorship process? I heard few people were rejected visitor visa even though they had legit reasons.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
afroza said:
Does anyone know if we apply for visitor visa for my husband to be here for the baby's birth, will this affect the sponsorship process? I heard few people were rejected visitor visa even though they had legit reasons.
Is your husband British?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
I assume then that he's not visa-exempt either?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Do you mind saying what country? Just useful for the spreadsheet... and for answering this question.

I think you're going to just have to try your luck with applying for a visitor visa for him to visit for the birth. Say exactly what you've said here. YOu have filed for PR, you understand he can't stay in Canada, and if he's still a student he'll presumably have to return to the UK in January to finish his studies as well. But all you can really do is apply and see what they say.

Visa-exempt people usually don't have an issue at the border entering either for a short visit or under dual intent.... the fact that you have an app in process really helps the question (since even if he technically overstays, the app is in process anyway)... I think you just have to apply and hope for the best.

afroza

Jul 5, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Do you mind saying what country? Just useful for the spreadsheet... and for answering this question.

I think you're going to just have to try your luck with applying for a visitor visa for him to visit for the birth. Say exactly what you've said here. YOu have filed for PR, you understand he can't stay in Canada, and if he's still a student he'll presumably have to return to the UK in January to finish his studies as well. But all you can really do is apply and see what they say.

Visa-exempt people usually don't have an issue at the border entering either for a short visit or under dual intent.... the fact that you have an app in process really helps the question (since even if he technically overstays, the app is in process anyway)... I think you just have to apply and hope for the best.
Hmm.. I see. He has a Bangladeshi passport. Do you know of any reason why someone might be rejected to visit for birth? I know that we are almost near the end of sponsorship processing time but the fact is we don't know anything for certain when he will get the visa.

Also, will he fall under a tourist visa or parent and grandparents visa?

Thank you for your help.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
afroza said:
Hmm.. I see. He has a Bangladeshi passport. Do you know of any reason why someone might be rejected to visit for birth? I know that we are almost near the end of sponsorship processing time but the fact is we don't know anything for certain when he will get the visa.

Also, will he fall under a tourist visa or parent and grandparents visa?

Thank you for your help.
They'll reject him if they don't think he'll leave after the birth or that he'll overstay. It will be up to you to try to convince CIC that that's not the case. So as I said in my last post, include evidence that you have applied for PR for your husband, include evidence that he'll be returning to the UK at the end of his trip, reiterate that you understand that he can't stay in Canada until PR is granted, and so on. Book his plane ticket that shows the return flight as well. Hard to say whether or not he'll be approved, but all you can do at this point is present your case and hope the visa is granted.

It would be a tourist visa I believe, since your unborn child can't sponsor for a parents' visa!

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Graihn said:
Thanks! I am in chock. I am sure I will be disappointed again soon though by more wait time.

Hoping it's the 3-10 days for DM and not 2 months (based on spreadsheet)
Hope you get it soon. For me is in process from 22nd of August. Having that until 24th of June they had not started any of the processes (security, eligibility). I am afraid that they have just started those processes which takes at least two months.
On the other hand, spreadsheet shows almost 90% have got their DM in 1-2 weeks since changing to "In Process".

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Hello all,

I submitted my application for PR Outland, on September 2nd and today I received a letter from stating the following:

"Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your eMedical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the panel physician. The panel physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out."

Any thoughts people?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
PF said:
Hello all,

I submitted my application for PR Outland, on September 2nd and today I received a letter from stating the following:

"Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your eMedical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the panel physician. The panel physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out."

Any thoughts people?
Depending on where your medical was done, it could be either an incomplete/incorrect examination or something has shown up in the results. Personally I think that not all panel physicians are of the same quality.

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Thanks, it's somewhat thrown me for a loop as I had my annual examination done a few weeks prior to the medical for pr and it came back clean.

This is somewhat throwing for a loop - I'll call the panel physician tomorrow morning.