+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
Brit_Immigrant said:
If you are in Vancouver, you will have to drive down to the border and flagpole there, Peace Arch is the closest. It is not possible to flagpole at YVR without physically leaving the country.

I am also pretty sure that you have to pay $50 for your pr card and you have to order it from the cic website. Someone who has done it may have a better idea than me!
There is no charge for the PR card when you are applying for it as a landed immigrant for the first time. Only when renewing an expired one.

dj322

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th June 2013
File Transfer...
12th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2014
LANDED..........
Already here
Just another quick one.....once I get my PR card, will I still need to fill out a ESTA for each time I want to enter the US or does being a PR of Canada make one exempt?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
dj322 said:
Just another quick one.....once I get my PR card, will I still need to fill out a ESTA for each time I want to enter the US or does being a PR of Canada make one exempt?
I believe not. Only if ur a citizen

bmore321

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Canada (TWP)
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013 FBI Police Report
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
File Transfer...
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
17-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014 Received COPR 3-5-2014
LANDED..........
19-05-2014
I emailed the London office asking for address change and inquiry if they need any document from me. I had sent FBI police report earlier in January.

They have not updated the address but sent this email...

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your recent message.

Please be advised that your application is awaiting the review of an Immigration Officer.

Please consult our website for information regarding processing times.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Yours Sincerely,

thoughts?

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
bmore321 said:
I emailed the London office asking for address change and inquiry if they need any document from me. I had sent FBI police report earlier in January.

They have not updated the address but sent this email...

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your recent message.

Please be advised that your application is awaiting the review of an Immigration Officer.

Please consult our website for information regarding processing times.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

Yours Sincerely,

thoughts?
Just one of the generic responses. Sounds like your file is sitting in a box waiting for review.

The address change can take a while to come up on ecas.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Shayreef said:
Hello,

I just had a quick question regarding obtaining employment while the Permanent Residency application is ongoing. Is this possible? Is there some sort of temporary work visa/permit that my wife can apply for in order to work temporarily? I am applying via the Outland application but my wife currently resides with me in Canada and I am looking for ways that she can work legally during the lengthy application process. Or is this not possible?
Hi

There is no provision for outland applicants to apply for a temporary work permit. Your wife would need a job offer from an employer with a positive Labour Market Opinion in order to apply for a work permit.

I advise you to remove your name from your post.

Gatawa04

Jan 9, 2014
Ipswich
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/01/2014
AOR Received.
28/02/2014
Med's Done....
25/01/2014
Category........: FAM Married
Visa Office......: London UK
App. Filed.......: 29-01-2014
Doc's Request.: -
AOR Received.: -
File Transfer...: -
Med's Request: -
Med's Done....: 25-01-2014
Passport Req..:

Hello everyone

I am new to the forum, i am British and my wife is Canadian and we are hoping to be living together soon as we are getting tired of the communiting and the expense involved. We sent the application to Mississauga on the 29/01/2014 and it showed on the Canada post tracking service as recieved and signed for on the 02/02/2014.
How ever since then we havent heard anything, what should we be expecting from now on??
Could someone also add me to the spreadsheet

Thanks

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
dj322 said:
Yes, you still need an ESTA until you become a Canadian citizen. You also need to make sure you travel with your PR card each time (my hubby has been to the US 6 times with work and twice on vacation and we joked on our latest trip that he needn't bring it because no-one has ever asked for it....he got asked before we left Edmonton, when we left Orlando and when we had a lay-over in Minneapolis!! Typical!)

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Wow. This February has been a very quite month in the way of any news from CIC to anyone on the spreadsheet. Whats the hold up London?
176 days since sponsorship approval. It would be nice to get things moving shortly. It looks like our application is one of those that is pushing up the average unfortunately.

togethersoon

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
File Transfer...
"In Process" Jan 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March, 2013
Passport Req..
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2014
LANDED..........
April 3, 2014
Heppster said:
Wow. This February has been a very quite month in the way of any news from CIC to anyone on the spreadsheet. Whats the hold up London?
176 days since sponsorship approval. It would be nice to get things moving shortly. It looks like our application is one of those that is pushing up the average unfortunately.
Hang in there! We're at 258 days today, so we understand as well. I agree, it seems that February is quite slow! In our case, we are worried more about the medical expiring in March, and haven't gotten a response yet from CIC pertaining to the issue. CIC has definitely slowed down in recent weeks :(

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Gatawa04 said:
Hello everyone

I am new to the forum, i am British and my wife is Canadian and we are hoping to be living together soon as we are getting tired of the communiting and the expense involved. We sent the application to Mississauga on the 29/01/2014 and it showed on the Canada post tracking service as recieved and signed for on the 02/02/2014.
How ever since then we havent heard anything, what should we be expecting from now on??
Could someone also add me to the spreadsheet

Thanks
Welcome to the forum! You will hopefully hear from CIC with an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) giving you your file number about 2 weeks after your file has been received, and sponsorship approval about a month after... then your file goes to London, where you wait even more :)
You've been added to the spreadsheet - good luck!
Sweden

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Yes agreed they are moving very slow!! We are at 254 days today. So frustrating and stressful :(Let's see some progress! The whole time whenever I check the progress of our application it has said application received on June 10, 2013. It hasn't changed to showing its in process yet :(

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Sweden said:
Welcome to the forum! You will hopefully hear from CIC with an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) giving you your file number about 2 weeks after your file has been received, and sponsorship approval about a month after... then your file goes to London, where you wait even more :)
You've been added to the spreadsheet - good luck!
Sweden
Based on the January Outland 2014 spreadsheet it takes 29-31 days to get AOR, and the approval about 4-7 days after that