+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Heppster said:
Just having one of those days where I am frustrated seeing so much movement happening with applications that have been submitted months after mine. Hearing that our application is still awaiting Officer Review was a real blow. They say that they work on applications the order in which they are received. That is complete BS and I would like to know what their system is, or lack thereof... It seems unfair that so many wait month upon months while others are in and out within a few months.
I totally understand. When I was going through the process, I would come on here and unleash hell, complaining about the system and how it can be improved etc. It really made me feel better so I encourage you to keep doing it!! However the truth is, applications move much more quickly now then they have for 4-5 years so your wait will not be as bad or as long as you think.

Additionally, there are variables which affect the time it takes to complete background checks which CIC do not have any influence over. Overseas travel, similarity between a name and a known criminal's name, membership of political groups, history of military service etc. Most likely none of these apply to you but my argument is that the duration of background checks are an unknown factor. Some fly through, some take longer for whatever reason, and we can't do anything but wait.

So hang in there, have a rant, and you'll be through before you know it.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
markstimson said:
Supply and demand my friend! And there is certainly demand :) But you're probably right.
Actually, what would happen, as has been discussed on here many times in the past, is that everyone would somehow find the resources for "expedited processing" and it would still be the same old crawl, except that everyone would *think* that they are being expedited and CIC would be raking in the cash.

amoc

Feb 3, 2014
Hello,

My partner and sent our common-law sponsorship application in December. We are both living in the UK at the moment (he's English), but I am on a temporary visa and will have to return to Canada in October. Our application will be processed at the London office…but I am still waiting to hear if I have been approved as a sponsor. According to the Royal Mail tracking number our application was received in Mississauga on Dec.17th, 2013, but we have yet to hear a word. I am growing concerned as the CIC website says that they are currently working on applications received Dec. 27th. Surely we would have heard by now if I have been approved as a sponsor? Did anyone else have to wait over 6 weeks to hear if they were approved as a sponsor? I have tried contacting the Mississauga office to no avail and I don't think the London office can help at this point... My apologies if this all seems naive, I am still familiarizing myself with the entire process!! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Heppster said:
Just having one of those days where I am frustrated seeing so much movement happening with applications that have been submitted months after mine. Hearing that our application is still awaiting Officer Review was a real blow. They say that they work on applications the order in which they are received. That is complete BS and I would like to know what their system is, or lack thereof... It seems unfair that so many wait month upon months while others are in and out within a few months.
I suspect that many of these really fast applications are expedited just to keep the average wait time down on paper. They are pretty evenly spaced and usually are complete in 2 months. That can dramatically lower the average wait time for the completed process, so it looks like everyone at cic are hitting their targets. Obviously have no proof of this, but it wouldn't surprise me. I guess it is just luck of the draw if your application is one of these. I highly doubt that any of these applicants have an extremely better application than yourself.

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
amoc said:
Hello,

My partner and sent our common-law sponsorship application in December. We are both living in the UK at the moment (he's English), but I am on a temporary visa and will have to return to Canada in October. Our application will be processed at the London office...but I am still waiting to hear if I have been approved as a sponsor. According to the Royal Mail tracking number our application was received in Mississauga on Dec.17th, 2013, but we have yet to hear a word. I am growing concerned as the CIC website says that they are currently working on applications received Dec. 27th. Surely we would have heard by now if I have been approved as a sponsor? Did anyone else have to wait over 6 weeks to hear if they were approved as a sponsor? I have tried contacting the Mississauga office to no avail and I don't think the London office can help at this point... My apologies if this all seems naive, I am still familiarizing myself with the entire process!! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Did you provide an email address on your application? If so they should email you. If not, they will send you one by snail mail. Make sure that your information is correct on your forms. If so... don't worry. CIC's communication is not award winning, and you should hear something eventually. They should send you an AOR email, or letter first, before you get your sponsorship approval email, or letter.

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Brit_Immigrant said:
I suspect that many of these really fast applications are expedited just to keep the average wait time down on paper. They are pretty evenly spaced and usually are complete in 2 months. That can dramatically lower the average wait time for the completed process, so it looks like everyone at cic are hitting their targets. Obviously have no proof of this, but it wouldn't surprise me. I guess it is just luck of the draw if your application is one of these. I highly doubt that any of these applicants have an extremely better application than yourself.
You may be right.. Speaking of such, the quarterly update on processing times should be updated on the CIC website any day now... Lets see if it comes down from 10 months!

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
Heppster said:
Bear in mind that I also received the generic, "your application is awaiting review by an officer" and the next day or 2 it changed to in process. Don't get disheartened. I definitely did, but remember you are right at the end now. The light at the end of the tunnel is just around the corner pal.

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
Brit_Immigrant said:
That's a great point and I had never thought about it that way. Thanks for the insight.

togethersoon

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
File Transfer...
"In Process" Jan 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March, 2013
Passport Req..
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2014
LANDED..........
April 3, 2014
Does the London VO currently accept drop box submissions after PPR at the 38 Grosvenor St. location?

Many thanks!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
MCARTER82 said:
That's a great point and I had never thought about it that way. Thanks for the insight.
My guess is: "Oh, that looks organized and colorful, how pretty, I will choose that one for my random pick of the week!"

My sticky tags are of three different colors, hell yeah.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Graihn said:
My guess is: "Oh, that looks organized and colorful, how pretty, I will choose that one for my random pick of the week!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Graihn said:

LOL - mine was so colorful and well organized. I even had printed labels and a table of contents!

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Mine was nicely organised until FedEx lost it and it turned up on a runway in Tennessee

jennfwa

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Mine was all colour coded and organised too, but when they sent it back to me because I missed a form they had already re-sorted it in another order.

maica1x

Jan 9, 2014
Hi All, I've recently sent in my outland application to Mississauga. Does anyone know when and how (post or email) I get an identification number to check my case progress online? Thanks