+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

togethersoon

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
File Transfer...
"In Process" Jan 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March, 2013
Passport Req..
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2014
LANDED..........
April 3, 2014
mahrukhshoaib said:
I was wondering which country are u from ? I am sponsoring my Pakistani husband and I am a Canadian resident (not a citizen yet). For some unknown reason my file is sent to London visa office. And I know a couple of other Pakistani files sent to London so I am sure this isn't a mistake or something. So I am just trying to relate my case to yours.
I guess I can't help you there, as I don't know much about the Pakistan situation. I'm a Canadian by birth, and my husband has lived in the UK for more than 2 years (and has a visa to remain for late 2014), so we opted to apply through the London VO. Good luck though!

Did your husband live in the UK before or have an existing visa for the UK? I think it may be because they automatically send it to London if they see that the applicant has an existing valid visa. It should be good for you both anyway though, right? If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the Islamabad office take longer?

mahrukhshoaib

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Sep 2013
Doc's Request.
30 April 2014
AOR Received.
8 Oct 2013
File Transfer...
24 Oct 2013
Med's Request
3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
11 Sep 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1&2- 20 Oct 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
28 Nov 2014 ALHAMDOLILLAH
togethersoon said:
I guess I can't help you there, as I don't know much about the Pakistan situation. I'm a Canadian by birth, and my husband has lived in the UK for more than 2 years (and has a visa to remain for late 2014), so we opted to apply through the London VO. Good luck though!

Did your husband live in the UK before or have an existing visa for the UK? I think it may be because they automatically send it to London if they see that the applicant has an existing valid visa. It should be good for you both anyway though, right? If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the Islamabad office take longer?
Yah Islamabad visa office is standing at a 32 months’ timeline, so I am hoping it’s a good thing even if doesn’t take 10 months for us. I will still be thankful to GOD. And no, neither me nor my husband has even been to UK. I think it’s just that they are trying to shed the load off Islamabad office becoz since oct 2013, I have heard a lot of files that are technically supposed to be processed at isb office and re-routed to London.

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
MCARTER82 said:
Yes I sent them an email on Jan 15th and I got DM on Jan 20th. I'm not sure if I just got lucky and they were already looking at my file, or if my email woke them up. Who knows!
Hi ya,
I'm thinking of sending them an email but was wondering what you asked them in the email
you sent, the last thing I want to do is send an email that might annoy the particular officer of our application and have it refused.
Any help would be great thanks. :)

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
B1007 said:
Hi ya,
I'm thinking of sending them an email but was wondering what you asked them in the email
you sent, the last thing I want to do is send an email that might annoy the particular officer of our application and have it refused.
Come on buddy...don't tiptoe around them! Do you honestly think you're going to get refused for asking for an update?

Stop thinking about it and do it! I'm not trying to be rude, just supportive that sending an email is the correct thing to do. I remember during my process that I emailed asking for an update, and they replied to advise I needed an RCMP certificate. Who knows how long it would have taken to have received that request if I didn't badger. You've paid them over a grand in $ so you are entitled to customer service.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
markstimson said:
Come on buddy...don't tiptoe around them! Do you honestly think you're going to get refused for asking for an update?

Stop thinking about it and do it! I'm not trying to be rude, just supportive that sending an email is the correct thing to do. I remember during my process that I emailed asking for an update, and they replied to advise I needed an RCMP certificate. Who knows how long it would have taken to have received that request if I didn't badger. You've paid them over a grand in $ so you are entitled to customer service.
I agree with Mark, it is a service that you are paying for, so asking to know how the processing is going isn't exactly outrageous. When I first emailed them I had some excuse about my medical not showing up on ECAS, even though from my GCMS notes we knew was there. Go ahead and email them - a reply will probably give you a bit of reassurance, I know it always did for me!

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
B1007 said:
Hi ya,
Did you get my reply? Totally agree with Mark. I emailed them in November and January and never once thought if I email them it might piss them off or go against me. We have a right to know what is going on, and why it's taking so long. These are our lives they are playing with, at the end of the day.

Good luck buddy!

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
Hi guys, just looking a bit of feedback with this.

My wife ( my sponsor ) who is in the UK with me at the present and is a mature PhD student about to finish. She has recently been approved as my sponsor and my application is on its way to the London office.

She is currently on the job hunt in Canada as well as starting work over here, My query/ concern is will the London office see that she is not working in Canada ( at the moment ) as a reason not to grant the visa, even though there is no financial requirements?

anyone got any insight/experience?

thanks, John.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
jkgtr said:

My wife ( my sponsor ) who is in the UK with me at the present and is a mature PhD student about to finish. She has recently been approved as my sponsor and my application is on its way to the London office.

She is currently on the job hunt in Canada as well as starting work over here, My query/ concern is will the London office see that she is not working in Canada ( at the moment ) as a reason not to grant the visa, even though there is no financial requirements?

thanks, John.
No. We have successfully done this.

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
thanks!

looking for some reassurance more than anything else

:)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
jkgtr said:
thanks!

looking for some reassurance more than anything else

:)
you'll be fine :) my sponsor was a student living outside of Canada when he sponsored me, and it wasn't a problem, we got approved (and lots of other people in the same case). CIC wants to see that you have a plan (having a good education and looking for a job in Canada counts as one :) ) so you don't go on welfare, but being a student is not an issue.
Sweden

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
jkgtr said:

thanks, John.
No, we were both living in the UK when we applied. She must move to Canada either before or with you though.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
B1007 said:
Has anyone had to wait more than 10 months for their visa being a UK citizen and born in the UK. My in-laws can't believe how ridiculous the wait for UK citizens is seeing that the UK is the mother land of Canada (and France)
Many have, yes. And not sure what France has got to do with it

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
herewecome said:
No, we were both living in the UK when we applied. She must move to Canada either before or with you though.
definatly the plan is for her to go first into her profession which is in education so that will start with the new term in September and i will either go with depending on how far along the application is or after

Shayreef

Apr 16, 2013
Hello,

I just had a quick question regarding the Travel History of my Wife (who is applying for Permanent Residence) ... My wife is a British Citizen and has traveled extensively since she was 18 years old -- she has had the same passport since she turned 18 and it is covered in Entry Visas/Stamps from some, but not ALL, of her trips. Some of the stamps are faded and unfortunately not legible and because she is a European Citizen most countries she visited in the EU did not even stamp her passport at all when she entered.

I know that Canadians are able to request a Record of Travel History for up to 10 years (or so I read) and was wondering if anyone knew whether or not something similar was available for British Citizens through the UK Border Agency.

Otherwise I will just have her write down as many places as she remembers and explain in a letter that there are some places that she cannot remember exact dates because she has traveled so extensively.

Thank you