+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Ralphstars

May 9, 2012
canuknz said:
This is news (good news) to me, as we're still debating between Alberta and BC. Are Canadians (me) eligible for Alberta Healthcare immediately upon returning to Canada? Or do I still need to get my own insurance for 3 months? And will my husband be eligible as soon as we arrive in Canada? We're not sure if he's going to be on a visitors visa, IEC, or PR by the time we arrive. If he's on an IEC, one of the requirements is that he shows proof of 12 months of health insurance, so if he arrives with me, is this not necessary?
We are going to be Visitors until our spousal PR is issued and are taking 3 months insurance to cover us with immediate effect in the event of any delays whilst we are waiting for our own Alberta Healthcare number - just to be sure !
We have chosen CanadaSure and it's a couple of hundred GBPs for me and my son.
I don't know anything about IECs sorry.

Nicky

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Ralphstars said:
My husband checked this out yesterday with a representative from the registry for Alberta Healthcare and he confirms that once I get my Visitors Permit as the spouse of a Canadian I will be entitled to an Alberta Healthcare number too !

Nicky :D
Just to note that the definition of "common law" in Alberta requires 3 years, rather than the CIC definition as 1 year, so common law spouses under 3 years will not be covered by AB health care the same as a married spouse.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
ghunter said:
Just to note that the definition of "common law" in Alberta requires 3 years, rather than the CIC definition as 1 year, so common law spouses under 3 years will not be covered by AB health care the same as a married spouse.
I thought you maybe typo-ed but WOW, after a google search you are right.. 3 years.

I really find it can be confusing and annoying that different agencies consider common law after a different amount of time.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
canuknz said:
This is news (good news) to me, as we're still debating between Alberta and BC. Are Canadians (me) eligible for Alberta Healthcare immediately upon returning to Canada? Or do I still need to get my own insurance for 3 months? And will my husband be eligible as soon as we arrive in Canada? We're not sure if he's going to be on a visitors visa, IEC, or PR by the time we arrive. If he's on an IEC, one of the requirements is that he shows proof of 12 months of health insurance, so if he arrives with me, is this not necessary?
The healthcare aspect is tricky with IEC, as some provinces (such as Alberta, like Becki said above) do give coverage. I know that BC will give coverage as well, though there is a waiting period of the balance of the month of arrival plus 2 months and the person must prove they are working at least 18 hours a week. But there are some provinces that don't give any coverage to IEC/working holiday participants; CIC and CBSA can never be 100% certain that a participant without insurance will not go to those provinces, so they require travel insurance regardless (though it isn't always asked for). If the border guard asks for it, he'll need to have it, even if you are there.

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
canuck_in_uk said:
The healthcare aspect is tricky with IEC, as some provinces (such as Alberta, like Becki said above) do give coverage. I know that BC will give coverage as well, though there is a waiting period of the balance of the month of arrival plus 2 months and the person must prove they are working at least 18 hours a week. But there are some provinces that don't give any coverage to IEC/working holiday participants; CIC and CBSA can never be 100% certain that a participant without insurance will not go to those provinces, so they require travel insurance regardless (though it isn't always asked for). If the border guard asks for it, he'll need to have it, even if you are there.
So on EIC is the requirement to have health insurance for the full duration of the visa (12 months)? Or can you do 3 months? Are there any plans that offer cancellation?

Can someone also confirm that I (Canadian) would be eligible for Alberta Health Care as soon as I arrive in Alberta from overseas?

We're planning on moving back without jobs lined up, so money's going to be tight and we're looking to save money wherever we can. I guess the big problem is that we're going to be looking for jobs in BC and Alberta so won't be a "resident" of either until we get jobs.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
canuknz said:
So on EIC is the requirement to have health insurance for the full duration of the visa (12 months)? Or can you do 3 months? Are there any plans that offer cancellation?

Can someone also confirm that I (Canadian) would be eligible for Alberta Health Care as soon as I arrive in Alberta from overseas?

We're planning on moving back without jobs lined up, so money's going to be tight and we're looking to save money wherever we can. I guess the big problem is that we're going to be looking for jobs in BC and Alberta so won't be a "resident" of either until we get jobs.
The requirement is 12 months for IEC. You can purchase 3 months but the border guard can ask for proof of 12 months, you'd have to either purchase another policy on the spot or be refused entry.

Call AHCIP to confirm if you'll be covered.

Be very careful with that. If you get AHCIP but then move to BC after less than 6 months living in Alberta, AHCIP can charge you for any services you received in that time.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
So, just to see if anyone else has done this.
We divided the application into three parts.

Part 1: Sponsor forms and supporting documents (supporting documents are attached sheets with answers to questions that needed more writing space, plus all the documents that are listed in the instruction guide)

Part 2: Principal applicant forms and supporting documents (supporting documents are attached sheets with answers to questions that needed more writing space, plus all the documents that are listed in the instruction guide)

Part 3: Proof of relationship (divided into photos, communication, and other documents)

Do you guys think that it is fine to leave all the proof of relationship for a separate part of the application, because it is really hard to decide what proof of relationship goes into which part of the application (sponsor vs. principal applicant). The only thing I kind of worry about is the fact that I added the statutory declarations to Other documents in Proof of relationship, but I made it clear throughout the application ( and all the different table of contents ) where to find them. I know what the document checklist orders are, but the fact that we have two (Western Europe and the main one) which contradict each other when it comes to supporting documents is rather stupid and I hope they don't get pissed off about that in London.

It just seems to me it would make life easier for everyone.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It actually makes no difference how you organize it as they reorganize everything at CPC-M to suit their process requirements.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Graihn said:
So, just to see if anyone else has done this.
We divided the application into three parts.

Part 1: Sponsor forms and supporting documents (supporting documents are attached sheets with answers to questions that needed more writing space, plus all the documents that are listed in the instruction guide)

Part 2: Principal applicant forms and supporting documents (supporting documents are attached sheets with answers to questions that needed more writing space, plus all the documents that are listed in the instruction guide)

Part 3: Proof of relationship (divided into photos, communication, and other documents)

Do you guys think that it is fine to leave all the proof of relationship for a separate part of the application, because it is really hard to decide what proof of relationship goes into which part of the application (sponsor vs. principal applicant). The only thing I kind of worry about is the fact that I added the statutory declarations to Other documents in Proof of relationship, but I made it clear throughout the application ( and all the different table of contents ) where to find them. I know what the document checklist orders are, but the fact that we have two (Western Europe and the main one) which contradict each other when it comes to supporting documents is rather stupid and I hope they don't get pissed off about that in London.

It just seems to me it would make life easier for everyone.
This is exactly how we organized ours, but as Zardoz said, for all we know they just reorganize it as they see fit anyways.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
ghunter said:
This is exactly how we organized ours, but as Zardoz said, for all we know they just reorganize it as they see fit anyways.
Yeah if I was a VO, if I get the sponsor part with a bunch of relationship proof attached, and the principal applicant with proof of relationship docs with it, I would probably take them all and review as one part, cause why do it twice. I am sure all the boxes they have to tick are in order, and not here and there.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Guys i have a few questions . Had my husbands medical done here,at the end of Dec while he was here visiting ,it was half the price of the U.k.We are still waiting for our marriage certificate . He has returned back to the U.K.

1) If it don't come by the time i need
to send off the application would you recommend i send it off with out it ,or get another medical. I am under the understanding that the medical is valid for 1 year as long as they receive it by the end of the 3 month term.

2) Do you recommend i get a signature for the application package if i send it by courier or just send it off express without signature .

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
taffy7 said:
Guys i have a few questions . Had my husbands medical done here,at the end of Dec while he was here visiting ,it was half the price of the U.k.We are still waiting for our marriage certificate . He has returned back to the U.K.

1) If it don't come by the time i need
to send off the application would you recommend i send it off with out it ,or get another medical. I am under the understanding that the medical is valid for 1 year as long as they receive it by the end of the 3 month term.

2) Do you recommend i get a signature for the application package if i send it by courier or just send it off express without signature .
Medicals are valid for 1 year, the 3 month rule is for Police Certificate. So - you can send the application with the medical. and hope that you get the PR before the 1 year expiry. London processes some files fairly fast, so you might not have to re-do a medical, and they can also extend it in some cases. So - send it with the medical (unless there is only 2 or 3 months left for example), and hopefully you won't have to re-do one.

I would recommend a signature for your own peace of mind. CIC doesn't always send a message that your application has been opened, so it's nice to know that it has made it to CIC until you hear from them. But up to you of course.

Sweden

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Sweden said:
Medicals are valid for 1 year, the 3 month rule is for Police Certificate. So - you can send the application with the medical. and hope that you get the PR before the 1 year expiry. London processes some files fairly fast, so you might not have to re-do a medical, and they can also extend it in some cases. So - send it with the medical (unless there is only 2 or 3 months left for example), and hopefully you won't have to re-do one.

I would recommend a signature for your own peace of mind. CIC doesn't always send a message that your application has been opened, so it's nice to know that it has made it to CIC until you hear from them. But up to you of course.

Sweden

Thanks Sweden ,i was panicking over the medical . Great will wait till marriage certificate arrives and send it all off together ,and yes i will get a signature .

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
One last question and then I'm done:

Under sponsorship evaluation; does my sponsor put in my name in undertakings not in effect?
If so, in which one.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Graihn said:
One last question and then I'm done:

Under sponsorship evaluation; does my sponsor put in my name in undertakings not in effect?
If so, in which one.
Nevermind, got it. I am a current and should not be listed on the ssecond page, so I just wrote N/A there. Another thread just confused the heck out of me, hence I asked and didnt look for my self. Dat dummy