+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

jay10

Star Member
Aug 23, 2010
Hi, I'm wondering if you could advice me on this.....if as a PR, my family ( spouse and 3 kids-all British citizens) visits me whilst there applications are still in progress at London office, would the kids be entitled to start school in Canada during this period. Just a thought.

homeagain said:
Hello Everyone, I haven't posted on here since last year but wanted to let you all know that my husbands PR only took a total of 6 months to come through and that was with them returning the application once to for us to add more information and one email from London asking for more photos (which they lost when they sent me the application package back.)

My only gripe and warning is this: if you decide to have your partner stay here in Canada as a visitor as we did, you will have the option of going to the US border to do what the US called Flagpole. But be advised it is a lesson in too much power and paranoia on the part of the Homeland Security folks. It sounds really easy but the not so pleasant American Border people interrogated me for 45 minutes and I don't exaggerate, they had an issue with the fact I changed my name years ago and was married before. They were accusatory and rude. I have no police or criminial record either. (I am a full blooded born right here Canadian and hubby is British born). They asked questions that made no sense to me since I was not actually "entering the USA" nor was I doing anything that should involve them. It was pretty awful to say the least. They didn't say a word to my husband. Eventually (with nothing to hold us on any longer) they led our car back to the line to drive back to Canada and we were 20 minutes in the CBSA office and they were lovely and kind.

So do be mindful that though it is an option to do the flagpole thing you better not be in a rush and better be ready to have people power trip all over you. After a long 6 hour drive I wasn't in the mood for it nor did I expect it.

Good luck everyone and I hope your applications go quickly and without too many problems.
Take Care
Tori :D :D

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
jay10 said:
Hi, I'm wondering if you could advice me on this.....if as a PR, my family ( spouse and 3 kids-all British citizens) visits me whilst there applications are still in progress at London office, would the kids be entitled to start school in Canada during this period. Just a thought.
Jay I am going to PM you

Ralphstars

May 9, 2012
jay10 said:
I have had experience of this situation with my young son and schooling in Canada whilst we wait for our PR to be issued - I have been waiting in the UK because I was advised initially he couldn't attend school while we wait - now I know he can we are flying out in the NY after a year apart from my Canadian husband !
It seems it is Province-specific, so I contacted the school board in Alberta who confirmed that as my husband is Canadian ( and therefore legally allowed to live and work in Canada ) and we are his family ( my son is his step son ) and because we have an active PR application under spousal sponsorship my son is permitted to study without applying for a study permit. We had to produce documented proof of all of this .
You may already have had extra information from the forum but I thought I would add my own experience in a similar situation to yourself :D

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have seen in spreadsheet alot of members have even received visa who applied in August. My application was received by CPC mississauga on August 15. ECAS status is application received. my wife has not received any communication from LVO so far. is it normal or they are taking little extra time.

Please guide what i should do now.

Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
TooCareless1 said:
Hello All,

I have seen in spreadsheet alot of members have even received visa who applied in August. My application was received by CPC mississauga on August 15. ECAS status is application received. my wife has not received any communication from LVO so far. is it normal or they are taking little extra time.

Please guide what i should do now.

Thanks
Welcome to the thread! Since your profile says that your file was transferred from Islamabad to London, I'm assuming that your wife is from Pakistan (or Afghanistan), hence non-visa-exempt. You can see from the spreadsheet that applicants from non-visa-exempt countries wait usually a little longer to hear from London, most likely because the background checks take longer. If your application was received in Mississauga mid august, it's not unusual that you have heard anything yet, and there is nothing much to do about it. When did you get your sponsor approval? London's waiting time is currently 10 months, so if your wife hasn't received any communication around April/May, you could send them an enquiry. Waiting time start from the date of the sponsor approval, and from August it's "only" 4.5 months so far, so it's probably a bit early to enquire, I doubt that they will answer your request.

Good luck,
Sweden

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Bumping this back from page 2.

No decisions made have been added to spreadsheet in a month. :-( Come on London!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Just a question regarding notarized letters..
I had two made and notarized in July. Do they expire? Need I redo them before I send my app in mid Jan?

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
Just got the email that our application was received Dec 11th! Fingers crossed for an easy wait. Now we're busy looking for jobs. We're planning to move in March and my husband will either wait out the processing on a TRV or he might apply for IEC.

Quick question. Will he need a return ticket when he enters Canada?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
canuknz said:
Just got the email that our application was received Dec 11th! Fingers crossed for an easy wait. Now we're busy looking for jobs. We're planning to move in March and my husband will either wait out the processing on a TRV or he might apply for IEC.

Quick question. Will he need a return ticket when he enters Canada?
If on IEC, he needs proof that he has at least $2500 to support himself. If on a visitors visa, I have no clue. I have never visited for more than 10 days. Been on two IECs

pudding

Nov 15, 2012
Hi We applied under common law and our application was received on 27th November. No sponsorship approval yet. Could you add me to the London spreadsheet please.
Thanks!

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
Graihn said:
If on IEC, he needs proof that he has at least $2500 to support himself. If on a visitors visa, I have no clue. I have never visited for more than 10 days. Been on two IECs
Thanks! Do you know if it's a problem arriving on an IEC (on a NZ passport), with a pending PR application (UK passport)?

I understand for IEC he'll need:
proof of funds
12 months of health insurance
ticket out of Canada (bus ticket to Seattle OK?)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
canuknz said:
Thanks! Do you know if it's a problem arriving on an IEC (on a NZ passport), with a pending PR application (UK passport)?

I understand for IEC he'll need:
proof of funds
12 months of health insurance
ticket out of Canada (bus ticket to Seattle OK?)
There is no issue with entering on the IEC while the PR app processes.

A departure ticket isn't required. The website states: be in possession of a departure ticket leaving Canada at the end of your authorized period of stay or sufficient financial resources to purchase such a ticket