+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You should apply outland using London as your visa office. You can't elect to change processing half way through. This gives you faster processing and flexibility of travel.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
zardoz said:
I wonder if the $12 fee was because SM crossed the border rather than just going for the administrative refusal?
I think it depends on the passport - I crossed the border and wasn't asked to pay for anything...
jkgtr said:
I have a question here, hope someone has got experiance of the situation.

posted a while back that myself and my wife who is a Canadian Student ( living with me in the UK for the entire relationship ) are applying through spousal sponsorship. Our application is now complete and ready to go.

However we are now in the position where I am getting offered jobs in Canada, So my question is if we send of the family application ( which we have marked for London office) and say for example we both get jobs in January, do we need to inform them to change to an office in Canada or anyhting else or just let the application run its course?

thanks in advance folks

John
to add to the previous post : you won't get a work permit half way through, so if you're offered a job, make sure your employer knows that he has to get your a work permit (unless you're going to Canada on a work permit of your own already, having a PR application ongoing doesn't give you anything until it's completed).

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
zardoz said:
I wonder if the $12 fee was because SM crossed the border rather than just going for the administrative refusal?
[/quoting]

My partner was charged $6 the first time he entered the states. He was given a 3 month visitors permit, and in this three month time there was no fee when he crossed the border. Every 3 months he has to pay to get this permit again.

I am guessing the $12 covered SM's daughter and herself to get a 3 month permit each.

On a separate note, if a small green piece of paper is added to your passport when entering the states, and you do not remove it after it expires, many headaches as the border can happen (my partner was almost rejected).

English Rose

Sep 13, 2011
Hi All,

This is my first time posting on this particular thread. I have a question re. documentation (medicals and police clearance) when applying for spousal PR via the London office.

Basically, I'm wondering what other users' thoughts are on submitting the PR application and then sending medicals and police clearance at a later date. Pros: it would get everything moving sooner. Cons: it might slow down the process in the long run, as presumably it increases the chances of documents getting lost on the way to CIC, or not getting properly matched to my file. Do any of you have experience of this kind of situation--ie sending medicals/police clearance later--via the London office?

[Background: I'm expecting to soon put in my PR application (spousal) through London. I am British, currently living in the UK, and my Canadian husband is in Canada (as of late August 2013). We have two children together, aged 6 and 2. We were married in Canada, then lived together in the US (for grad school/work), then lived in the UK (from August 2012), and now he's back in Canada. He's just been offered a job that will provide us with enough income to tide us over while we wait for my PR to arrive; we've waited putting in my PR application until we knew that our finances would line up. Despite his new job, however, I'd obviously like to do what I can to limit my waiting time before I can work. Given my line of employment, it would be ideal if I could have PR for September 2014--although I know this date is fairly soon, so is by no means guaranteed.)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You *should* provide the medicals for all of you and the PCC for those over 18 *with* the application package to CPC-M.
If you don't, CPC-M have the option to return the whole application as incomplete. It seems that they don't always, but they can.

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Hey All
Hope everything is going great for everyone!
Had our interview yesterday and it was fantastic! It is not lovely that everything (proof) pictures, letters, trip itineraries were all lost since 2010. So they were asking where that proof was.
Basically showed on tablet all pictures of the 6 countries we have been to since then, flight schedules. Asked questions about sponsor and where we lived together.
Said she didn't make final decision and we would know by email in a few weeks. Let's hope its positive....anyone else know the approval rate for common law?

Just annoyed that they had lost everything

English Rose

Sep 13, 2011
zardoz said:
You *should* provide the medicals for all of you and the PCC for those over 18 *with* the application package to CPC-M.
If you don't, CPC-M have the option to return the whole application as incomplete. It seems that they don't always, but they can.
Thank you so much. This is what I understood from the instructions, but then I wondered if I was missing something because a number of commenters elsewhere on the forum had suggested going ahead and submitting those documents later. I guess it works for people sometimes but not always. I'm inclined not to take the risk, myself!

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Needhelpplease said:
Well bugger me sideways!

I have just had to sign for a special brown evelope!

Finally... after 2.2yrs of sitting on my hole here in Canada unable to work & logging onto ECAS every 12mins, Mr Postman has dropped off my Confirmation of Perm Residence!

So a trip to the boarder is on the cards - shame its thanksgiving/black friday in yank land this weekend (i believe) so may be a long wait getting across.

Can someone just tell me what i need to bring with me? - dont trust any paperwork from immigration anymore.
I guess its just my UK Passport and the Confirmation of permanent Residence (to be signed)?

Also, can i go alone or does the Mrs need to come with me?
Scottish Maple Mentioned that there was a 12 dollar charge? is that for deff? & Congrats to you as well, great news! ;)

Thanks for any help!
And good luck to all others waiting... Enjoy ECAS and do yourself a favour... make a rule of checking once in the morn and once at nite only! Otherwise the crazies kick in ;)
Congratulations. The $12 fee sounds like the temporary visa cost for the US. It usually lasts for 2 years and means you can go into or through the USA with your British passport. If you have been in to the USA within the last 2 years, you have probably already paid this. It is called and ESTA!

katiebates

Oct 24, 2013
regina sask
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys!

I am from Kent in England but now I live in Regina Saskatchewan (go riders) and have since May 2011.
I am STILL on a visitor visa and me and my "common law" boyfriend have just decided that the best option for me to live in Canada is for him to sponsor me.
I had to apply for extension on my visa in August and haven't heard anything back yet, so am implied status at the moment. sooo I cant actually send off my application until I hear back from them.
I was being sponsored through the SINP but due to family issues I had to withdrawer my application right at the last minute.... so that sucked as im back to square 1 :(

I have been told that it is by far the quickest if I send it outland, so I hope and pray by next crimbo I will be landed and legal to work! not working is the hardest thing.... lmo is a nightmare, no one responds!

anyways any advice or ideas let me know!

thanks

kate

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
katiebates said:
Hi guys!

I am from Kent in England but now I live in Regina Saskatchewan (go riders) and have since May 2011.
I am STILL on a visitor visa and me and my "common law" boyfriend have just decided that the best option for me to live in Canada is for him to sponsor me.
I had to apply for extension on my visa in August and haven't heard anything back yet, so am implied status at the moment. sooo I cant actually send off my application until I hear back from them.
I was being sponsored through the SINP but due to family issues I had to withdrawer my application right at the last minute.... so that sucked as im back to square 1 :(

I have been told that it is by far the quickest if I send it outland, so I hope and pray by next crimbo I will be landed and legal to work! not working is the hardest thing.... lmo is a nightmare, no one responds!

anyways any advice or ideas let me know!

thanks

kate
Hey there. Get your application sent! What makes you think you can't apply despite waiting on an extensions of your current visa?

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
Hi all,

Maybe I should help out to finish the 2012 spreadsheet, sorry for my late update. I got decision made 7th of August, I think, that´s when I got an e-mail about sending in new passport photos. Unfortunately I didn't login every day at that time, so I´m not sure… But I didn't get the actual confirmation by mail until the 12th of September.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
katiebates said:
As markstimson said above, send your app now!! It doesn't matter if you are on Implied Status.

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Thanks all for your info....

Im gonna do the Snow Squall drive to the Niagara Falls border in the Morning ;)

Lets see what fun and games happens there - Probably be refused entry back into canada - Then back refused into the USA - Will end up like Tom Hanks in that 'Terminal' Film

I swear... when i get me SIN etc im gonna start my own Immigration Call Center!!!
Ive never known so much contradicting information in my life!

Thank christ for this place :)

WHOOP WHOOP... Anyone got any jobs going between Kitchener - Stratford way?

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Good luck!! May the odds be ever in your favor ;)

Needhelpplease said:
Thanks all for your info....

Im gonna do the Snow Squall drive to the Niagara Falls border in the Morning ;)

Lets see what fun and games happens there - Probably be refused entry back into canada - Then back refused into the USA - Will end up like Tom Hanks in that 'Terminal' Film

I swear... when i get me SIN etc im gonna start my own Immigration Call Center!!!
Ive never known so much contradicting information in my life!

Thank christ for this place :)

WHOOP WHOOP... Anyone got any jobs going between Kitchener - Stratford way?

rhoboat

Oct 19, 2013
Hello all.

Something great came through the post this morning. My COPR!

My wife and I have been waiting close to 2 weeks since things were updated on ECAS. I've been reading the forum and looking for an idea of times between ECAS status being updated and the arrival of the COPR in the post. I've seen suggestions of between a couple of days and a couple of weeks, but I must admit I was starting to get a bit twitchy as we were getting towards 2 weeks.

So I thought I would give a bit more detail on the times of events for my application, just in case it helps somebody else feel less worried while waiting.

Application received in Mississauga2-May-2013
Common-Law (CL) / Married (M)Married
Sponsor Approval23-May
Extra Docs/ Medical Ext Req'd?No
"In Process" dated on ECAS6-Nov-2013
"In Process" appeared on ECAS9-Nov-2013
Decision Made appeared and dated on ECAS11-Nov-2013
Post-mark on COPR22-Nov-2013
COPR arrived and signed for23-Nov-2013

I already had flights booked for the 9th December, so I intend to officially land then. So that puts us at about 7 months since we submitted our application to landing.

Can somebody update the spreadsheet?

And good luck to everybody still waiting, and for those just about to land.