+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
CDAN said:
Looking for some help....
I finally got a response that says they are just waiting for our applications full review which should be done shorty and they would in touch if they need anything else.....in their terms what is shortly mean?..
Hey CDAN, I get you're anxious for info.

The review thing could be standard, i.e. what they do to everyone's app prior to decision. I read that sometimes they randomly select some apps to conduct a full review just so the employees are doing their thing correctly. so it could be that.

I would say you have nothing to worry about if you have what you consider a routine case. Most people are nervous if they have something they are worried about in their application.

As for timescale; they are always vague like that. In truth, the person emailing cannot know how long there is left but in my opinion, shortly would mean a month or less.

All this is pretty much opinion but it's the best I have since I've been through it too.

Take it easy.

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
sunnyshade said:
Yup, I did the same as itsgonnahappen, just hit reply to the email above!

Congrats itsgonnahappen, by the way, that is great news! completely useless to answer your question, but excited for your news!
Thanks Sunnyshade, let us know if you get any response from them after the weekend.

babydart

Apr 22, 2010
So after 2.6 years of processing my husband application and claiming they were doing background chick ....immigraton sent an email asking for up date all the application with police certificate for second time .

my husband was unemployed in uk for long time and still looking for a job but with no success..do u think that will effict our application and what if we put he is still working at his old job would they know
Also , how long nurmally takes after receiving the document for them to make decision

Plz help me

Thanks

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
babydart said:
So after 2.6 years of processing my husband application and claiming they were doing background chick ....immigraton sent an email asking for up date all the application with police certificate for second time .

my husband was unemployed in uk for long time and still looking for a job but with no success..do u think that will effict our application and what if we put he is still working at his old job would they know
Also , how long nurmally takes after receiving the document for them to make decision

Plz help me

Thanks
Hello,
I am assuming that you are Sponsoring your husband to live in Canada. If so, it should not effect your application as you have agreed to support your husband financially. If your husband puts that he is with his old employer and CIC finds out about it, he could be inadmissible to Canada due to Misrepresentation thus the visa being denied. He has to sign the application saying that everything on the application is truthful. So it is best to be honest with them. NEVER lie to CIC. Its not good. You don't want to risk it. If you are really worried about it, and if your husband has been actively looking for work, he could print off emails proving he has submitted applications for jobs. Either the acknowledgement of application emails, or invitations for interviews, or even letters telling him he was unsuccessful with the application would work for proof.

For the time line, It is hard to say as all cases are different, but check out the processing times here as a guideline. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp If your application is complete, it should take about this amount of time. Currently processing times is 23 days for step 1 and 10 months for Step 2.

Hope this helps!

oslofish

Jul 16, 2013
APPROVED!!! :D

Sent an e-mail requesting status on our application over the weekend, and just received this e-mail back overnight:

Good morning,

Your application was approved and finalised on 23/9/13. We are in the process of issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence form. You should expect to receive the document shortly.

Kind Regards,
CDD

ECAS has also been updated to Decision Made in the last 2 days.

Hopefully the COPR will come in the next couple of weeks, as I have a trip out of country planned mid-October, and would love to land upon my return.

It's been almost 9 months since our application was received, and we are so happy and grateful that this journey is coming to an end. My spouse and I cannot wait to begin our future together in Canada!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
AlanJB27 said:
Thanks SM.. Ive just sent the forms off.. I notice that there's a few minor changes on the new forms but my info remains the same..
Police certificate next..

It's progress regardless..

How's u'r situation playing out??
Still waiting on the Police Certificate coming back from London.

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
oslofish said:
APPROVED!!! :D

Sent an e-mail requesting status on our application over the weekend, and just received this e-mail back overnight:

Good morning,

Your application was approved and finalised on 23/9/13. We are in the process of issuing your Confirmation of Permanent Residence form. You should expect to receive the document shortly.

Kind Regards,
CDD

ECAS has also been updated to Decision Made in the last 2 days.

Hopefully the COPR will come in the next couple of weeks, as I have a trip out of country planned mid-October, and would love to land upon my return.

It's been almost 9 months since our application was received, and we are so happy and grateful that this journey is coming to an end. My spouse and I cannot wait to begin our future together in Canada!
Fantastic news - congratulations :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
itsgonnahappen said:
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well.

I got a Decision Made on Monday and they told me they are sending my COPR this week.
Congratulations.

You are now RED on the SS..x

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
hey scottish sample are you the one making changes on the spread sheet i was trying to update mine could not so i will pm you some details to update mine...

AlanJB27

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2012
AOR Received.
24 September 2012
File Transfer...
27 September 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
10 October 2013 (Received 26 October 2013)
scottishmaple said:
Still waiting on the Police Certificate coming back from London.

Oh dear.. How long has that been now?? I sent mine in about 10-11 days ago.. I'm expecting a return by nearly next week.. Fingers crossed!!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
londongurl said:
hey scottish sample are you the one making changes on the spread sheet i was trying to update mine could not so i will pm you some details to update mine...
Yes, no problem. Let me know your updated timeline...x

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
AlanJB27 said:
Oh dear.. How long has that been now?? I sent mine in about 10-11 days ago.. I'm expecting a return by nearly next week.. Fingers crossed!!
we were asked to have an update police Accro check as ours was due to expire
we asked for priority one we paid 80 pounds + paid next day delivery we received in less than a week ,we dont have a choice to spend money as we want to be together soon we sent our application in oct 2012 still waiting ,patience folks

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
AlanJB27 said:
I got an email on the 19th from ACRO saying they had received it. It took me longer to get the application together because I am in Canada than it would have from the UK. I had to email CIC to request additional time to get the Certificate to them. They have given me to the end of October. I am hoping to have it back next week so that I can get it off my mind.

I can't believe that you and I are still dealing with this....:(

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
Husband's PR card finally arrived in the mail today, September 24th. He officially landed on July 9th, so that's 77 days for those still waiting and wondering how long it'll take.

AlanJB27

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2012
AOR Received.
24 September 2012
File Transfer...
27 September 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
10 October 2013 (Received 26 October 2013)
scottishmaple said:
I got an email on the 19th from ACRO saying they had received it. It took me longer to get the application together because I am in Canada than it would have from the UK. I had to email CIC to request additional time to get the Certificate to them. They have given me to the end of October. I am hoping to have it back next week so that I can get it off my mind.

I can't believe that you and I are still dealing with this....:(
I got an email on the 20th saying they received it on the 13th.. So I'm hopeful it'll be back soon..
I can't believe it either.. 13 and a half months or so now.. It's mad.. It has also forced my hand in terms of the immigration. I was hoping to be out there way back in March or April of this year.. Now I'm not so sure when it'll happen.. Luckily for me the wife is here in the UK and we're 2gether.. Anyways, 1 step at a time I guess..

Apart from that tho, how's life in Canada??
Remind which part you're in again..