+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
erinmcc174 said:
Thanks so much!! I am so happy/relieved right now but won't quite believe it until it is actually in my hand!! I am already in Canada so should get it in around 2 weeks right?

Goodluck to everyone else waiting!! :D
From London to Canada, should take about 2 weeks for it to come through! Hopefully my meds will be extended without hassle and I will receive my DM in a week or two.

I too am here in Canada, in Vancouver - how about you?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Been a while!

But here's my latest. Just got my PR card through the mail. I landed on June 29th, so that took about 80 days or so.

So that's me done. The last piece of the puzzle 'til citizenship! I actually did a mock citizenship test the other day and got 98% so that shouldn't be too hard for me. Even if i'm not super excited to swear an Oath to old Queen Lizzie!

Hope all you guys are doing well, and that SM and Alan get through soon. You guys have waited far too long.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Haven't posted here for a long time! I'm off work with a terrible flu and for some reason the forum popped into my head. Congrats DGT on your PR, and after a quick browse am I correct in guessing that scottishmaple still isn't done? WHAT?!

Just as an FYI, it took exactly six weeks for my PR card to come in the mail and it took three and a bit for my health card.

erinmcc174

Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/03/2013
File Transfer...
27/03/2013
davidmarsden38 said:
From London to Canada, should take about 2 weeks for it to come through! Hopefully my meds will be extended without hassle and I will receive my DM in a week or two.

I too am here in Canada, in Vancouver - how about you?

Hopefully it's in the post already then!! :) I'm in Victoria B.C, been here for 2 years! When I'm going to flagpole, I can go anywhere right? As long as it's in the States? I'll probably just go to Seattle!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
erinmcc174 said:
Hopefully it's in the post already then!! :) I'm in Victoria B.C, been here for 2 years! When I'm going to flagpole, I can go anywhere right? As long as it's in the States? I'll probably just go to Seattle!
Yep! Flagpoling is the name of the game, indeed!

Have a super fun time in Seattle :)

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
rebecassss said:
Haven't posted here for a long time! I'm off work with a terrible flu and for some reason the forum popped into my head. Congrats DGT on your PR, and after a quick browse am I correct in guessing that scottishmaple still isn't done? WHAT?!

Just as an FYI, it took exactly six weeks for my PR card to come in the mail and it took three and a bit for my health card.
We landed on July 9th. Still haven't got the PR card! But based on their stated processing times at the minute, I'm expecting it in the mail soon.

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
DGT said:
Even if i'm not super excited to swear an Oath to old Queen Lizzie!
No greater privilege surely?

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
sunnyshade said:
Hi all,
I've been following the progress of everyone's application news (yay! - for those of you who've been approved). I am still waiting for any news, and thought I'd give my details to add to the spreadsheet if possible.

Common Law Application
Received : December 18, 2012
Sponsor approved : January 16, 2013
Started Processing : May 13, 2013

Additional Information Requested to clarify Personal History June 3, 2013. Information submitted by email June 9, but not received (for who knows what reason) as info was requested again June 24, 2013. Info submitted again June 24, and confirmation of receipt on June 28.

And nothing since then!!
Which I'm am convincing myself, possibly naively, is OK. No news is better than a million requests for details. At least that's what people here seem to be saying to reassure! So I will reassure my partner saying the same thing.... For a little while longer anyway. I'm afraid worry and pessimism are creeping close around the corner for me if we don't hear anything by mid-October anyway.

My heart goes out to the others waiting with me (and from before me).

Cheers :)
Hi Sunnyshade,

I have the exact same timeline as you (well, two days different - you actually went in process 2 days earler). I got the same email back in June requesting the personal history form but I emailed back saying I did it correctly first time and asked if they were sure they needed it, and they said that the email was sent by mistake. So they may have sent it to a bunch of people by mistake. Anyway, they also said in the apology email that they appeared to have everything they needed....so I waited a month and emailed again saying "last time you emailed me you said you have everything you needed. Is there any chance it's done?" They replied saying they were waiting for routine background checks and when they come in they can make a decision.

I emailed AGAIN a month later (i.e. last week) and asked if there was any chance of getting an estimate of remaining time so my and my fiancee can plan life, essentially. They replied the next day saying they were pleased to tell me my application was approved.

I danced!!!!

My point is, your file is probably sitting there and completed and waiting to be approved. You could possibly email them and ask super politely if there was any chance you could get some idea as to when...blaah blaah.

My worry and pessimism made me contact them and keep them going back to my file. I really think my last email made someone go and get it done.

Much love and luck to you Sunnyshade, and everyone else. My ecas went to DM officially yesterday, but I got the email last week saying it was approved.

Peace

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
orly said:
No greater privilege surely?
Hehe. Oh of course!

I won't deign to talk politics on here. That'd be most rude of me!

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
itsgonnahappen said:
Hi Sunnyshade,

I have the exact same timeline as you (well, two days different - you actually went in process 2 days earler). I got the same email back in June requesting the personal history form but I emailed back saying I did it correctly first time and asked if they were sure they needed it, and they said that the email was sent by mistake. So they may have sent it to a bunch of people by mistake. Anyway, they also said in the apology email that they appeared to have everything they needed....so I waited a month and emailed again saying "last time you emailed me you said you have everything you needed. Is there any chance it's done?" They replied saying they were waiting for routine background checks and when they come in they can make a decision.

I emailed AGAIN a month later (i.e. last week) and asked if there was any chance of getting an estimate of remaining time so my and my fiancee can plan life, essentially. They replied the next day saying they were pleased to tell me my application was approved.

I danced!!!!

My point is, your file is probably sitting there and completed and waiting to be approved. You could possibly email them and ask super politely if there was any chance you could get some idea as to when...blaah blaah.

My worry and pessimism made me contact them and keep them going back to my file. I really think my last email made someone go and get it done.

Much love and luck to you Sunnyshade, and everyone else. My ecas went to DM officially yesterday, but I got the email last week saying it was approved.

Peace
When you emailed them which address did you use. Was it london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca?

AlanJB27

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2012
AOR Received.
24 September 2012
File Transfer...
27 September 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
10 October 2013 (Received 26 October 2013)
DGT said:
Been a while!

But here's my latest. Just got my PR card through the mail. I landed on June 29th, so that took about 80 days or so.

So that's me done. The last piece of the puzzle 'til citizenship! I actually did a mock citizenship test the other day and got 98% so that shouldn't be too hard for me. Even if i'm not super excited to swear an Oath to old Queen Lizzie!

Hope all you guys are doing well, and that SM and Alan get through soon. You guys have waited far too long.
Hey DGT.. Hope it's all going well with you..
I'm seemingly getting closer to the finish line.. My background checks are done, I've had to re-complete half og the application and I now await a new police clearance certificate.. I received an email yesterda comfirming that all that was outstanding now was my police certificate. They would finalze the application as soon as that was recevied..

Sooooooooooo, I'll send that in when it arrives and hope for the best..

I tink SM may be in a similar position actually, I think they also requested a police certificate.. Which would be fantastic!!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Can I please be added to the spreadsheet?

Married
London
Received in Mississauga - Sept 17/13

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
AlanJB27 said:
Hey DGT.. Hope it's all going well with you..
I'm seemingly getting closer to the finish line.. My background checks are done, I've had to re-complete half og the application and I now await a new police clearance certificate.. I received an email yesterda comfirming that all that was outstanding now was my police certificate. They would finalze the application as soon as that was recevied..

Sooooooooooo, I'll send that in when it arrives and hope for the best..

I tink SM may be in a similar position actually, I think they also requested a police certificate.. Which would be fantastic!!
All well with me indeed! Back to being a workaholic and loving life! Really glad to hear of your progress and hope you don't have much longer to wait!

You and SM!

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well.

I got a Decision Made on Monday and they told me they are sending my COPR this week.

I'm assuming this and my Brit passport are what I take when I flagpole. Just a question though: what do they give you at the border? Do we get a paper visa or anything in the passport?

I currently have a work permit for a specific company but I'd like to prove to banks and health care people etc. that I am permanent. Or do I have to wait for the PR card?

Thanks in advance. Well done to those who have succeeded and best of luck to those still waiting.

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
Nocsy said:
When you emailed them which address did you use. Was it london-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca?
Hi, yeah that's the one. Once I'd got the first email saying they needed more info (which it turns out was sent to me by mistake) I just kept hitting reply and the same person kept getting back to me. I think maybe I was lucky to get a nice person on the other end.

Good luck Nocsy.